" It's about time, there's finally a serious effort to change the name of John Wayne Airport in OC. the actor was famously racist & homophobic"

This business of naming things after divisive people has got to stop. They even renamed National Airport after reagan when the little bitch wasn't even dead yet, just to plaster his name all over the place. It's NATIONAL AIRPORT.

Oh fuck off.

What has to stop is trying to rename anything because some social group got "offended" by it. If you are offended by airport named after Reagan, don't fly from it. Go to Little rock and fly from Bill and Hillary Clinton Airport, or to JFK Airport in New York, whatever suits you better. By the way, what Hillary did to deserve her name on airport building?
Benghazi offered to rename their airport after her.

This business of naming things after divisive people has got to stop. They even renamed National Airport after reagan when the little bitch wasn't even dead yet, just to plaster his name all over the place. It's NATIONAL AIRPORT.
I am offended that a community college here in Chicago is named after Malcolm X ...
along with hundreds of other schools and streets across the country, not to mention
his own day of recognition in some states...Malcolm X day
he was a racist, advocated violence, talked about killing crackers,
was involved in drug dealing, pimping, burglary, racketeering and spent years in prison

His name needs to be removed every where and his day abolished

Tyler Perry and Spike Lee do not have enough white actors in their films...
I am offended and find that racist
Affirmative Action applies to them too

I was deeply disturbed and highly offended by the movie Get Out
It should be shelved and no longer available for sale

The black caucus in Congress is racist and is discriminatory
That needs to be done away with

I find music using bitches, hoes, pigs, suck dick, etc, in the lyrics
HIGHLY offensive, inappropriate and unacceptable....
those type of lyrics should be banned and removed for sale immediately

The Gay Pride flag is offensive and disgusts me....
It needs to go

I'm straight but I don't mind lesbians, and I like John Wayne too!

On a different note, there is no such thing as a perfect human being, even Jesus and Moses had their moments.

i'm gay and i like John Wayne. both options are possible. this is stupid

About time. But I doubt it will pass. John Wayne was a hateful racist. And a stupid man.
Hateful racist? That's why he used so many black actors and Native Americans in his movies? Stupid? How much money have you made in your lifetime? I wish I was that stupid!
Okay Boomer.

Pretty quick nobody will even remember who he was. His stilted, tortured acting was not very good. He died over 40 years ago and most of his movies sucked. Not really the kind of movie today's movie watching audience is interested in seeing. His time has come and gone.

How old are you Pepaw?

I am offended that a community college here in Chicago is named after Malcolm X ...
along with hundreds of other schools and streets across the country, not to mention
his own day of recognition in some states...Malcolm X day
he was a racist, advocated violence, talked about killing crackers,
was involved in drug dealing, pimping, burglary, racketeering and spent years in prison

His name needs to be removed every where and his day abolished

Tyler Perry and Spike Lee do not have enough white actors in their films...
I am offended and find that racist
Affirmative Action applies to them too

I was deeply disturbed and highly offended by the movie Get Out
It should be shelved and no longer available for sale

The black caucus in Congress is racist and is discriminatory
That needs to be done away with

I find music using bitches, hoes, pigs, suck dick, etc, in the lyrics
HIGHLY offensive, inappropriate and unacceptable....
those type of lyrics should be banned and removed for sale immediately

The Gay Pride flag is offensive and disgusts me....
It needs to go
Okay, so the way you change these things is to gather with people who share your views and try to influence public opinion. It helps if you can tie-in to some horrific, violent act by government officials. Like a murder-by-cop-kneeling-on-your-neck. You MUST get this murder recorded in real time and it must relate directly to the ations you are protesting.

You can follow the lead of the BLM protestors, they have been very effective. Good Luck!

I'm straight but I don't mind lesbians, and I like John Wayne too!

On a different note, there is no such thing as a perfect human being, even Jesus and Moses had their moments.
Jesus is the only perfect man, ever.

who doesnt like John Wayne? (except jerks and lesbians)
Oh, come on. He wasn't even a good actor. He played the same part over and over in different costumes and he was an asshole in real life.
Aka you have NEVER seen a John Wayne movie in your life. Tell us how was his parts in these 3 movies the same?
The Green Berets
Quiet Man
The Cowboys

Go ahead please.

He was pretty good in The Quiet Man. The westerns and war movies were downright tedious. He even used the same accent and inflection over and over and over. SSDD. Why don't they change the airport to the Humphrey Bogart Airport, or something similar?

I'm pissed at the name change at National because it serves the Nation's capitol city and should not be identified with any one person, but the idiots had to go plastering his name all over it. Nothing like graffiti.

We should just rename “feelings” to “reality” because that’s mostly what this pandering is doing

You are a mentally aberrated, sex pervert. The problem is with YOU, not John Wayne. He was normal. You're not. You're the one who needs to adjust. Not him.

What Wayne said about gays is correct, and wasn't racist either. Demcorats are going crazy.

About time. But I doubt it will pass. John Wayne was a hateful racist. And a stupid man.
You are not hateful. You're just stupid. If a bunch of leftist leaders said you ought to eat dirt, you'd probably do it.

Wayne was not stupid at all. His comments are spot on correct. Then and now.

Nothing divisive about Wayne's comments. Gays and affirmative action supporters are the dividers.

who doesnt like John Wayne? (except jerks and lesbians)
Oh, come on. He wasn't even a good actor. He played the same part over and over in different costumes and he was an asshole in real life.
pee.jpg

Hateful racist? That's why he used so many black actors and Native Americans in his movies? Stupid? How much money have you made in your lifetime? I wish I was that stupid!
Okay Boomer.

Pretty quick nobody will even remember who he was. His stilted, tortured acting was not very good. He died over 40 years ago and most of his movies sucked. Not really the kind of movie today's movie watching audience is interested in seeing. His time has come and gone.

How old are you Pepaw?

He was still one of the most popular actors decades after his death. He won an Academy Award in 1970 and should have won for the Searchers and Sands of Iwo Jima. The movie my avatar is from was directed by Otto Preminger. You are just petty jealous.

It's "Pawpaw" and I am 59 with 4 beautiful grandchildren. My daughter is a 26 year old Army officer and she LOVES John Wayne movies. She loves his cavalry movies and served her first tour as a cavalry officer. So do her nephews, my grandsons.

My father would come home from work after midnight on Fridays and stay up with me watching John Wayne movies that were on the late show. I can now almost do the movie's dialogue from memory.

I have not met a liberal in 5 years who lives in today or toward the future. They are akways wallowing in Resentments of 50-150 years ago.

i wish Trump would focus on his base, not these fake ass rigged polls!

He was still one of the most popular actors decades after his death. He won an Academy Award in 1970 and should have won for the Searchers and Sands of Iwo Jima. The movie my avatar is from was directed by Otto Preminger. You are just petty jealous.

It's "Pawpaw" and I am 59 with 4 beautiful grandchildren. My daughter is a 26 year old Army officer and she LOVES John Wayne movies. She loves his cavalry movies and served her first tour as a cavalry officer. So do her nephews, my grandsons.

My father would come home from work after midnight on Fridays and stay up with me watching John Wayne movies that were on the late show. I can now almost do the movie's dialogue from memory.
I watch John Wayne movies from time to time. There are well over 100 of them, and plenty to choose from. Never get tired of them. Having lived in California for 12 years, and been a cowboy of sorts myself, I especially appreciate western movies and TV shows. Gunsmoke is still my favorite western.

Ask me about why cowboy clothes are designed the way they are. I know things about that, that few people do. :biggrin:

"Can anyone believe that Princeton just dropped the name of Woodrow Wilson from their highly respected policy center. Now the Do Nothing Democrats want to take off the name John Wayne from an airport. Incredible stupidity!" - Trump just tweeted

Forum List

Back