" It's about time, there's finally a serious effort to change the name of John Wayne Airport in OC. the actor was famously racist & homophobic"

who doesnt like John Wayne? (except jerks and lesbians)
Oh, come on. He wasn't even a good actor. He played the same part over and over in different costumes and he was an asshole in real life.
Aka you have NEVER seen a John Wayne movie in your life. Tell us how was his parts in these 3 movies the same?
The Green Berets
Quiet Man
The Cowboys

Go ahead please.

Being a resident of Los Angeles, I heard about this proposal before the recent Insurrection started.

I also read some quotations attributed to the Duke.

If those quotations are accurate, then there is NO doubt that the powers-that-be WILL cave in to the activists and rename the airport. People in authority are shaking in their boots and willing to do anything to appease that "movement."

Mr. Wayne, of course, was entitled to his views, but he should never have made them so publicly. He did so in those earlier days when people could say things that are totally forbidden today.

I hope that TV executives will beg the activists to let the Duke's movies continue to be shown.

How about Ben Affleck International Airport?
As in "We can all go over to the Jimmy Kimmel Car Park and catch a shuttle to Ben Affleck International".
"Good idea. The grill there is running a special on Joy Behar, Kathy Griffin and Sarah Silverman open faced
sandwiches."
"Yum! So much beef!"

i'm gay and i like John Wayne. both options are possible. this is stupid

About time. But I doubt it will pass. John Wayne was a hateful racist. And a stupid man.
And still better than scum libtards.

This business of naming things after divisive people has got to stop. They even renamed National Airport after reagan when the little bitch wasn't even dead yet, just to plaster his name all over the place. It's NATIONAL AIRPORT.

Schools were named for the little bitch Øbama before he was even sworn in as President.

and he was a violent drunk, too

I guess we know why he is worshiped by conservatives

Emoting Libtard 101 is feeling, not thinking that you can hold people from 50 years ago as responsible as you would people today while ignoring the fact that social mores have enlightened very much from 50 or 150 years ago.

This business of naming things after divisive people has got to stop. They even renamed National Airport after reagan when the little bitch wasn't even dead yet, just to plaster his name all over the place. It's NATIONAL AIRPORT.
Reagan better than any bitch you like, Obama coming to mind.
If it was named after Obama every plane would crash into a building.

Oh fuck off.

What has to stop is trying to rename anything because some social group got "offended" by it. If you are offended by airport named after Reagan, don't fly from it. Go to Little rock and fly from Bill and Hillary Clinton Airport, or to JFK Airport in New York, whatever suits you better. By the way, what Hillary did to deserve her name on airport building?

Last edited:
Insanity rises again.

Weapon grade insanity. Imagine word "white" being so offensive that L'Oreal will remove words like "white/whitening" or "fair", or "light" from their products.

What's next, will left start campaign to stop selling milk, because its color might offend someone?

About time. But I doubt it will pass. John Wayne was a hateful racist. And a stupid man.
Hateful racist? That's why he used so many black actors and Native Americans in his movies? Stupid? How much money have you made in your lifetime? I wish I was that stupid!

Being a resident of Los Angeles, I heard about this proposal before the recent Insurrection started.

I also read some quotations attributed to the Duke.

If those quotations are accurate, then there is NO doubt that the powers-that-be WILL cave in to the activists and rename the airport. People in authority are shaking in their boots and willing to do anything to appease that "movement."

Mr. Wayne, of course, was entitled to his views, but he should never have made them so publicly. He did so in those earlier days when people could say things that are totally forbidden today.

I hope that TV executives will beg the activists to let the Duke's movies continue to be shown.

If you're talking about quote from his interview for Playboy in 1971, than you should post it here, full contest, not just cherry picked single sentence.

Forum List

Back