Items were taken in Mar a Logo raid that were not authorized in warrant

Status
Not open for further replies.
The materials he had were highly classified, and were still marked. So I’m not sure how that will go. One thing it does is highlight (yet again) is that many of our rules are made with the assumption that we are dealing honorable people who respect the institutions they serve.
you haven't been keeping up.

A president can classify or declassify any gov document. And I heard recently (though i admit i need to verify this) that he did it in writing. But even if he didn't, he has the right to classify or de-c... unlike other people who work for the gvt

View attachment 687207

And that is what the FBI Agents serving the search warrant did, they complied with the Judges orders in the warrant. Collecting materials co-located in the boxes of classified materials.

You might want to drop a letter to the FPOTUS and tell him it's not a good idea to store his passports in the same place that he is storing illegally held classified and other government documents.

WW
b4 I can respond, you need to tell me what this written item here is a part of .. the warrant for the raid on Trump's home or something else..

And if it is, it is indeed overly general and therefore violates the 4th Amendment

b4 I can respond, you need to tell me what this written item here is a part of .. the warrant for the raid on Trump's home or something else..

And if it is, it is indeed overly general and therefore violates the 4th Amendment

Part of the search warrant issued by the judge based on probable cause.

No it isn't "overly general", it is very specific on what can be collected as part of the search warrant. What? You expect the DOJ to have an inventory list by document name and control number included as part of the warrant? That make no sense.

If I were a drug dealer and had a cache of cocaine in my home and under probable cause law enforcement executes a search warrant for my house the warrant does not need to specific that there are 2.346 pounds of cocaine in my sock drawer and that is the only cocaine that can be confiscated from just that one location. The search warrant will be for illegal drugs and law enforcement can search the house. That means the bedrooms, kitchen, living room, dinning room, basement, and attic.

WW

Last edited:
you haven't been keeping up.

A president can classify or declassify any gov document. And I heard recently (though i admit i need to verify this) that he did it in writing. But even if he didn't, he has the right to classify or de-c... unlike other people who work for the gvt
I have been keeping up and as of this point there is nothing whatsoever to indicate that he did so.

But let’s pretend he did. What are we looking at? A former president, now a civilian, with material that was once at the highest level of classification for national security purposes, recklessly “declassified” and stored in an insecure private club. This is Our Nation we are talking about, not Dems, Pubs, etc.

Either he didn’t realize the law (doubtful after four years in the presidency) or…

He was too stupid to understand the ramifications…(doubtful) or…

He didn’t think he’d be caught (possible) or….

He viewed the presidency as a position with unlimited rights and powers that is personally his and that extended beyond any electoral term (possible)…

That leads to the next question…why?

Possible leverage in future dealings?

Sell to a foreign power?

What do you think?

Last edited:
Part of the search warrant issued by the judge based on probable cause.

No it isn't "overly general", it is very specific on what can be collected as part of the search warrant.
you would screaming

It IS overly general if it were Nadler or Schumer or Pelosi aka Piglosi or AOC or some other Demonrat

I have been keeping up and as of this point there is nothing whatsoever to indicate that he did so.

But let’s pretend he did. What are we looking at? A former president, now a civilian, with material that was once at the highest level of classification for national security purposes, recklessly “declassified” and stored in an insecure private club. This is Our Nation we are talking about, not Dems, Pubs, etc.

Either he didn’t realize the law (doubtful after four years in the presidency) or…

He was too stupid to understand the ramifications…(doubtful) or…

He didn’t think he’d be caught (possible) or….

He viewed the presidency as a position with unlimited rights and powers that is personally his and that extended beyond any electoral term (possible)…

That leads to the next question…why?

Possible leverage in future dealings?

Sell to a foreign power?

What do you think?
moron alert

How about this thought: Trump did not pack his own boxes when he left. The person who did is responsible if any still-Classified documents were put therein

And besides, what about how hypocritical you libtards are? Eh?

Where were you or any of the dimrats here when Hitlery DESTROYED documents? She was subpoenaed for those documents but had a hammer taken to them and used Bleach Bit to erase hard-drives.

Yeh, where were all the Oh-we're-so-concerned-about-Democracy, lying libtards THEN, huh?

I don't see on the news any dimrats bringing up this topic.. and boy, would i remember if they did! That would be the great NEWS story of the freaking year if a dimrat actually criticized another dimrat.. although some Ds are not in favor of this Buy-votes scheme of the fake president.. so there's that.. But they will likely in time accept it just the same.. that's how they are: my party, right or wrong.. the Party of Baby Murder

you would screaming

It IS overly general if it were Nadler or Schumer or Pelosi aka Piglosi or AOC or some other Demonrat

I would screaming what?

I'm not a DEM so if Nadler or Schumer or Pelosi or AOC had taken boxes and boxes of government documents to their private residence after leaving office - I would 100% support an investigation and follow on charging for those crimes.

Your hyperbole is misplaced. I was a loyal GOP voter for 40 years. Voting for Kasich in both the Primary and General Elections in 2016, recognizing what a train wreck Trump** would be as President.

WW

The search warrant is the problem. It did not specify specific documents, it did not exclude documents that were entitled to be Trump's. The search warrant was a grab for ALL documents so the DOJ could scan them for anything indictable. What we call a "fishing expedition" in search of a crime. An illegal search.
That violates the 4th. What specific crime is alleged. and what specific evidence were they searching for?
Bubba Clinton's favorable decision should invalidate everything seized by the FBI.

All the documents belong to the National Archives.

He doesn’t own them when he is no longer president. They are public records that are managed by the archives and belong to the people.
If Trump declassified them, and says they are his personal documents they are his. A few examples:
My understanding is that Trump declassified the FBI political operations Razor & Crossfire-Hurricane. Proving the Obama FBI illegally spied on him and his campaign.
I also understand that he declassified documents relating to the impeachments, Burisma, and Ukraine.

In June, my understanding is that the government went thru the boxes and took what they wanted. So why the armed FBI raid?

That is proving a negative. It is up to Trump to prove they were.
Why is no one concerned that highly classified material, affecting national security was taken from a secure environment and held by an ex president?
...held in a secure environment protected by the Secret Service.
I know that Trump thinks that rules don't apply to him.
That said, the FBI raid was heavy handed when a subpoena should have been the next step, according to the legal experts.

I would screaming what?

I'm not a DEM so if Nadler or Schumer or Pelosi or AOC had taken boxes and boxes of government documents to their private residence after leaving office - I would 100% support an investigation and follow on charging for those crimes.

Your hyperbole is misplaced. I was a loyal GOP voter for 40 years. Voting for Kasich in both the Primary and General Elections in 2016, recognizing what a train wreck Trump** would be as President.

WW
Kasich? Wasn’t he the one that wanted a democrat to be his vp?

The other aspect to this is that it matters not if they were classified of not. The search warrant lists, 18 U.S.C. §§ 793, 2071, or 1519, as potential crimes.
None of those involve classified documents.
So prove that the documents were not Trump's declassified personal records.

Nope. Some are Trump's personal records.
Some are attorney-client privilege
The raid was illegal. It was too broad.

Trump is a slob about documents. Pence supervised the staff who inventoried and packed his documents for the National Archives.

Trump set this up so he could play victim.

...held in a secure environment protected by the Secret Service.
I know that Trump thinks that rules don't apply to him.
That said, the FBI raid was heavy handed when a subpoena should have been the next step, according to the legal experts.
It was determined it was not secure, the SS was not protecting it, and Chinese spies had already snuck in.

Subpeonas were issued.

True.
So if they were marked "classified", why didn't the government take them in June when they went thru all the boxes and took what they wanted?
They only went through the boxes Trump gave them. Why didn’t Trump give these ones to them?

It was determined it was not secure, the SS was not protecting it, and Chinese spies had already snuck in.

Subpeonas were issued.
Linky Linky I call bullshit.
Trump added a lock as requested, it was secure, no Chinese snuck in.
Subpoenas were not issued after the June session.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back