Items were taken in Mar a Logo raid that were not authorized in warrant

Status
Not open for further replies.

justaschmuck9

Platinum Member
Aug 1, 2022

I didn't find the video I was looking for but this one has an attorney discussing what Garland could have done differently.

I wish I could remember the name of the person yesterday on Fox News who mentioned the fact that Trump's passport and other documents were taken that were not authorized to be taken so to me, this is that famous "technicality" that would seem to invalidate the fbi's case.

It was an overly-general warrant and warrants are supposed to be specific (4th Amendment) and only remove what is authorized to be removed.

so I don't see how this raid can be seen as anything but political harassment, attempting to keep Trump off the '24 ballot

I didn't find the video I was looking for but this one has an attorney discussing what Garland could have done differently.

I wish I could remember the name of the person yesterday on Fox News who mentioned the fact that Trump's passport and other documents were taken that were not authorized to be taken so to me, this is that famous "technicality" that would seem to invalidate the fbi's case.

It was an overly-general warrant and warrants are supposed to be specific (4th Amendment) and only remove what is authorized to be removed.

so I don't see how this raid can be seen as anything but political harassment, attempting to keep Trump off the '24 ballot

The warrant included anything in the same boxes as the materials sought, so if Donnie left his passport in one of them it was fair game under the search warrant

The warrant included anything in the same boxes as the materials sought, so if Donnie left his passport in one of them it was fair game under the search warrant

yep, & they have 'filters' that go thru any seized contents & return what was taken but not on the warrant. hence the returning of donny's passports.

where does it say in the warrant to take everything in any given place in the home?

where does it say in the warrant to take everything in any given place in the home?
I did not say that. As to what I did say, it is in item (a) of Attachment B to the search warrant that says "...(including any other documents)"

You're welcome.

The search warrant is the problem. It did not specify specific documents, it did not exclude documents that were entitled to be Trump's. The search warrant was a grab for ALL documents so the DOJ could scan them for anything indictable. What we call a "fishing expedition" in search of a crime. An illegal search.
That violates the 4th. What specific crime is alleged. and what specific evidence were they searching for?
Bubba Clinton's favorable decision should invalidate everything seized by the FBI.

11 boxes of stuff to go thru takes time & would never be sifted thru on criminal premises.
No, that is not the way searches are supposed 2b carried out. The warrant specifies what is to be taken and NOTHING ELSE. If the ones who search find something "bad" they have to go back and get a separate warrant for that. The passport was not to be taken. And it looks to me like things ARE to be looked over b4 just taken from the premises willy nilly...

I did not say that. As to what I did say, it is in item (a) of Attachment B to the search warrant that says "...(including any other documents)"

You're welcome.
does it say "other documents including passports"?

you're welcome

The search warrant is the problem. It did not specify specific documents, it did not exclude documents that were entitled to be Trump's. The search warrant was a grab for ALL documents so the DOJ could scan them for anything indictable. What we call a "fishing expedition" in search of a crime. An illegal search.
That violates the 4th. What specific crime is alleged. and what specific evidence were they searching for?
Bubba Clinton's favorable decision should invalidate everything seized by the FBI.
what does Clinton have to do with the Trump home raid??

No, that is not the way searches are supposed 2b carried out. The warrant specifies what is to be taken and NOTHING ELSE. If the ones who search find something "bad" they have to go back and get a separate warrant for that. The passport was not to be taken. And it looks to me like things ARE to be looked over b4 just taken from the premises willy nilly...

11 boxes with stuff written classified AND not to be seen outside a SCIF is tantamount to be taken outa there toot sweet. his passports were in the mix & returned promptly. this was NOT your standard case nor should be treated as one.

I was surprised it allowed the any other documents thing. I am not a fan of Donnie other than him not being Hillary, but I do think his request for the appointment of a special master for the evidence is appropriate given the obvious possibility that too much was taken

11 boxes with stuff written classified AND not to be seen outside a SCIF is tantamount to be taken outa there toot sweet. his passports were in the mix & returned promptly. this was NOT your standard case nor should be treated as one.
so show me a document where it says he had documents that were not to be seen outside a skiff?

let's have it

I was surprised it allowed the any other documents thing. I am not a fan of Donnie other than him not being Hillary, but I do think his request for the appointment of a special master for the evidence is appropriate given the obvious possibility that too much was taken
The Trump documents are safer at MAL than at the DOJ. At MAL the Secret Service has everything locked-down securely.
At DOJ or the Archives, who knows who can get access to them?

The Trump documents are safer at MAL than at the DOJ. At MAL the Secret Service has everything locked-down securely.
At DOJ or the Archives, who knows who can get access to them?
Didnt some Obama hack walk into the Archives and steal doucments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back