It Sure Was Hot Across Much of America on August 21

excalibur

Diamond Member
Mar 19, 2015
On this date in 1955 that is, it sure was hot across large swaths of the USA. Must have been AGW... Not.

US_08211955-1.jpg

On this date in 1955 that is, it sure was hot across large swaths of the USA. Must have been AGW... Not.

US_08211955-1.jpg
How do we know how hot it was?

Those clowns at NOAA don't even know how to take temperature readings.

MEDIA ADVISORY: 96% of U.S. Climate Data Is Corrupted

MEDIA ADVISORY: 96% of U.S. Climate Data Is Corrupted

Nationwide study follows up widespread corruption and heat biases found at NOAA stations in 2009, and the heat-bias distortion problem is even worse now

ARLINGTON HEIGHTS, IL (July 27, 2022) – A new study, Corrupted Climate Stations: The Official U.S. Surface Temperature Record Remains Fatally Flawed, finds approximately 96 percent of U.S. temperature stations used to measure climate change fail to meet what the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) considers to be “acceptable” and uncorrupted placement by its own published standards.

She told me that it was so hot that they slept out on the porch. There was creek out front that sort of acted as a swamp cooler.

They knew how to stay cool back in the day. I lived in Arkansas back in the mid-50's to early 60's, and the old folks built their houses to maximize the cooling. They used a long, screened-in hallway down the middle, with the rooms off to the sides. That way, there would always be a breeze down the middle of the house.

Some places in town would also have those large water evaporation chillers on the roof, before AC became available. Those had water trickling down some wooden slats, and a ban blowing the cool air into the building. But I don't remember it being all that uncomfortable even in the Arkansas heat and humidity. Guess we were just used to it.

They knew how to stay cool back in the day. I lived in Arkansas back in the mid-50's to early 60's, and the old folks built their houses to maximize the cooling. They used a long, screened-in hallway down the middle, with the rooms off to the sides. That way, there would always be a breeze down the middle of the house.

Some places in town would also have those large water evaporation chillers on the roof, before AC became available. Those had water trickling down some wooden slats, and a ban blowing the cool air into the building. But I don't remember it being all that uncomfortable even in the Arkansas heat and humidity. Guess we were just used to it.

I'm living in one of those old houses that were designed to be cool in summer and warm in winter ... alas, the storm windows and screens are long gone ... but the afternoon breeze lines up perfectly ... with double hung windows, I lower the upper sash and let all the hot air out while the cool air streams in the lower sash ...

With just a couple of 20W fans I stay 15ºF below outside temperatures usually ... we might have 3 or 4 days over a hundred in a year, but that'll be with single digit RH's ... when 105ºF "feels like" 96ºF ... and I'm ashamed of myself for complaining about such a trivial heat issues ...

I'm living in one of those old houses that were designed to be cool in summer and warm in winter ... alas, the storm windows and screens are long gone ... but the afternoon breeze lines up perfectly ... with double hung windows, I lower the upper sash and let all the hot air out while the cool air streams in the lower sash ...

With just a couple of 20W fans I stay 15ºF below outside temperatures usually ... we might have 3 or 4 days over a hundred in a year, but that'll be with single digit RH's ... when 105ºF "feels like" 96ºF ... and I'm ashamed of myself for complaining about such a trivial heat issues ...
Care to explain how you stay 15ºF cooler with simple ventilation? Are you talking about the actual temperature inside your house or the convective cooling provided by the dry breeze blowing across your sweaty brow?

Care to explain how you stay 15ºF cooler with simple ventilation? Are you talking about the actual temperature inside your house or the convective cooling provided by the dry breeze blowing across your sweaty brow?

I have a thing called a "thermometer" ... and another thing called "insulation" ... when you get into high school, the chemistry class will teach you what these things are ... you're the only asshole making claims without measurements ...

You're clueless to meteorology ... I know ... The West is dry in summer, low RH's, so temperatures cool overnight down to the mid-50's ... perhaps lower 60's during triple digit highs ...

With manmade global climate warming change it should be up to 120F today! CO2 FORCES temperature! DENIER!!
I'm still trying to understand how magical CO2 really is. It only affects select regions of the country and only for days not months. truly magical.

I'm still trying to understand how magical CO2 really is. It only affects select regions of the country and only for days not months. truly magical.

CO2 magically creates energy where there was none before ... W = ∫ (magic) dx ... don't you know anything about geoastrology? ...

Forum List

Back