It Passed

Not passing it would have been political suicide for the
Democrats in this case. Especially after putting Americans through
3 years of Russia, Russia, Russia and another year of Ukraine, Ukraine, Ukraine.

Canadians got $8,000.00 per person, you got $1,200.00 per person. Thank a Republican for that. Bripat and weatherdouch et al are happy!

Insured businesses got a windfall, but thanks to Democrats they can't spend it on stock buybacks.

asswipePINO's businesses get NOTHING!!!!

Social Security recipients got screwed. Republicans demanded that the $1,200.00 be taxable which hurts them. The Republicans REFUSED the $200.00 COLA Democrats wanted.

Happy now?

The House passed the stimlus bill at 1:30 p.m.

Don't know yet if it was unanimous.

How many new obamaturd phones did ya get?

reaganturd phones
Can eweshow us one person besides yourself that ever called it a reganturd phone? Or even simply a Reagan phone?

No one called it that. But right wingers adopted the whole "Obamaphone" crap. That was just another right wing mud slinging cause they didn't like the guy in the White House. The idea of low cost phones was a program implemented under the Reagan admin in 1985. It was called Lifeline. Of course they didn't have cell phones for the masses back then. It was in the form of landlines. In 2005, it was expanded under GW Bush administration to include cell phones and extended the program to low income individuals.

reaganturd phones
Can eweshow us one person besides yourself that ever called it a reganturd phone? Or even simply a Reagan phone?

Ive called it a reagan phone 100's of times when dumbshit rw's kept calling it an obama phone

reagan started the phone program not obama
does she look like a rw dum shit to ewe? How about those around her?

your reunion pic ?

reaganturd phones
Tards steal all terms starting with
Liberal
Snowflake
Tard
They even think the old Democrat Party is today's Republican Party

They're not a creative bunch

It was a voice vote, so I guess unless someone there wants to report the "rats," we might never know?

Of course, it was a voice vote. No way the party of one wanted a recorded vote, it was the largest spending bill in the history of man. They didn't want history to show their names beside it.

One statesman stood, however...

"Mr. Speaker, I came here to make sure our republic doesn't die by unanimous consent in an empty chamber and I request a recorded vote." -- Thomas Massie

Last edited:
Acting with unity and resolve unseen since the 9/11 attacks, the House of Representatives gave near-unanimous approval Friday to historic legislation designed to prevent the economy from collapsing and rush resources to overburdened health care providers and struggling families during the deepening coronavirus epidemic.

NEAR UNANIMOUS
I wonder who said nay.
Rep. Thomas Massie, R-Ky

reaganturd phones

Ive called it a reagan phone 100's of times when dumbshit rw's kept calling it an obama phone

reagan started the phone program not obama
does she look like a rw dum shit to ewe? How about those around her?

Poor ewe reduced to deflection.

your reunion pic ?

They are Trumper phones now, do try and keep up with current events...

They are Trumper phones now, do try and keep up with current events...

Show me people yelling for “Trumper phones.” I will wait.

From The Hill:

House Democratic leaders were able to move the package by voice vote, a rarely used procedure allowing a few members to air their objections without forcing the entire chamber to reconvene. But it didn't happen without a good dose of last-minute drama on the chamber floor.

To pass the bill, leaders in both parties had to unite to foil an attempted blockade by Rep. Thomas Massie, a Kentucky Republican who had driven to Washington for the vote and requested a recorded tally, which requires the participation of at least half of all sitting House members.

Lawmakers in both parties thwarted Massie's effort with a procedural gambit of their own: An insufficient number rose in support of his roll-call request, allowing the speedier voice vote to stand.

Still, Massie's threat of a recorded vote sent leaders in both parties scrambling Thursday night to bring enough lawmakers back to the Capitol to approve the massive relief package. And many were furious that they were forced to defy the recommendations of the congressional physician and other public health experts, who have warned against such gatherings.

GOP leaders declined to allow Massie to speak on the floor prior to the vote, prompting him to accuse his own party brass of being "afraid of the truth."

"The fix is in," he tweeted from the floor. "If this bill is so great for America, why not allow a vote on it?"

I am a fiscal conservative myself, and don't like to see the high deficits and rising debt. But I also think the country needed this and Rep Massie's showboating will hopefully cost him his seat next November. Far as I know, Kentucky's primary is about 2 months from now on May 19. We'll see if his actions are acceptable or not in his district.

Show me people yelling for “Trumper phones.” I will wait.

There are no people yelling Trumper phones. The only people that did things like that were the racist that called them Obama Phones. Now that it is the Trump admin doing it you sheep think it is the best thing to ever happen to the world.

I am a fiscal conservative myself, and don't like to see the high deficits and rising debt. But I also think the country needed this and Rep Massie's showboating will hopefully cost him his seat next November. Far as I know, Kentucky's primary is about 2 months from now on May 19. We'll see if his actions are acceptable or not in his district.

Which is why we should have been reducing the deficit instead of doubling it during the booming economy of the last few years.

but alas...

Thank you St Trumpy and Co. for paying for my boat slip this year.

You will not be forgotten come Election Day.

Forum List

Back