It Gets Worse: Comey Defied Attorney General - His Boss...

Comey: Not long ago the left's darling and upstanding man just doing his job....now? Not so much LOL

It comes as no surprise to me, and possibly many many others that democrats are 'shocked and disheartened' when someone does what's right and follows the law.

Here's another: It's October - Surprise!

Wait a few days....

The Rats trotted out another gropee the other day and nobody noticed.....they'll have to find a GUY he groped to make another headline for Megyn Kelly. :eusa_shifty:

FBI Director James Comey Defied Attorney General With Email Announcement

“It is shocking and disheartening that someone I admired would do this,” a former federal prosecutor said.

WASHINGTON ― FBI Director James Comey’s unprecedented decision to insert the bureau into the presidential campaign less than two weeks from Election Day has caused a rift in federal law enforcement.

Attorney General Loretta Lynch wanted Comey to follow DOJ protocols and traditions and not reveal the discovery of new emails that might be pertinent to Clinton’s case, The Huffington Post was able to confirm on Saturday, following the account of a Justice Department official in The Washington Post.

The U.S. Attorneys’ manual emphasizes the importance of “limited confidentiality” in “ongoing operations and investigations” to safeguard “the rights of victims and litigants as well as the protection of the life and safety of other parties and witnesses.”

Julie Werner-Simon, a former federal prosecutor who retired from DOJ in August 2015 after 29 years of service, argues that Comey’s decision to make public an incremental development in the investigation with little clear significance is a breach of the protocol outlined in the manual.

“It is shocking and disheartening that someone I admired would do this,” she said. “If I did what he did, I would be censured.”

“My view is that there should be an investigation” into Comey’s behavior, she added. “Under the rules that he violated, that investigation should be secret. That’s the point.”

There are exceptions to this protocol under unusual circumstances, but Comey would have had to consult with a senior official at DOJ before doing so, according to Werner-Simon, who instructed federal prosecutors about these protocols as senior litigation counsel at DOJ, the last position she held there.

“Who gave him permission? If he is going to use unusual circumstances under the U.S. Attorneys’ Manual, who did he discuss it with?” Werner-Simon said.

Nancy Gertner, a retired federal judge appointed by President Bill Clinton who now lectures at Harvard Law School, had a similarly stinging indictment of Comey’s actions.

“I cannot think of any reason except Comey’s own personal interests to make public the possibility that there may be emails whose content he does not know that may be relevant to the investigation,” Gertner said.

MORE: FBI Director James Comey Defied Attorney General With Email Announcement

So, Comey defied his boss! That usually doesn't turn out well...
A sign of how desparate the Republicans are.

This is why Obama should have cleaned house in 2008. Get you a liberal FBI director and generals. Don't try to work with republicans

Defying your boss usually doesn't turn out well...

Loretta can't fire him.....FAIL. :blahblah:

I believe Obama can. Good luck with his next performance review...

It was said that Obama can, but for the last 8 years he clearly has been 'cant' to the max. Good luck with your support of losers and criminals.

snakes on a plane 2.jpg

“It is shocking and disheartening that someone I admired would do this,” a former federal prosecutor said.

WASHINGTON ― FBI Director James Comey’s unprecedented decision to insert the bureau into the presidential campaign less than two weeks from Election Day has caused a rift in federal law enforcement.

Attorney General Loretta Lynch wanted Comey to follow DOJ protocols and traditions and not reveal the discovery of new emails that might be pertinent to Clinton’s case, The Huffington Post was able to confirm on Saturday, following the account of a Justice Department official in The Washington Post.

The U.S. Attorneys’ manual emphasizes the importance of “limited confidentiality” in “ongoing operations and investigations” to safeguard “the rights of victims and litigants as well as the protection of the life and safety of other parties and witnesses.”

Julie Werner-Simon, a former federal prosecutor who retired from DOJ in August 2015 after 29 years of service, argues that Comey’s decision to make public an incremental development in the investigation with little clear significance is a breach of the protocol outlined in the manual.

“It is shocking and disheartening that someone I admired would do this,” she said. “If I did what he did, I would be censured.”

“My view is that there should be an investigation” into Comey’s behavior, she added. “Under the rules that he violated, that investigation should be secret. That’s the point.”

There are exceptions to this protocol under unusual circumstances, but Comey would have had to consult with a senior official at DOJ before doing so, according to Werner-Simon, who instructed federal prosecutors about these protocols as senior litigation counsel at DOJ, the last position she held there.

“Who gave him permission? If he is going to use unusual circumstances under the U.S. Attorneys’ Manual, who did he discuss it with?” Werner-Simon said.

Nancy Gertner, a retired federal judge appointed by President Bill Clinton who now lectures at Harvard Law School, had a similarly stinging indictment of Comey’s actions.

“I cannot think of any reason except Comey’s own personal interests to make public the possibility that there may be emails whose content he does not know that may be relevant to the investigation,” Gertner said.

This is why Obama should have cleaned house in 2008. Get you a liberal FBI director and generals. Don't try to work with republicans

So you're saying a liberal FBI director wouldn't follow law? LMAO

It comes as no surprise to me, and possibly many many others that democrats are 'shocked and disheartened' when someone does what's right and follows the law.

Here's another: It's October - Surprise!

Wait a few days....

The Rats trotted out another gropee the other day and nobody noticed.....they'll have to find a GUY he groped to make another headline for Megyn Kelly. :eusa_shifty:
I think if Trump was groping men, the left would be lining up to vote for him. :)

Comey was nominated by Obozo in 2013......there are no liberal generals.

A liberal FBI director would bring up some bullshit on whoever you guys decide to run in 4 years.

That's the thing about the FBI being used as a political tool. Works both ways. Remember you guys cried that the IRS was picking on tea party PACs? Apparently you approve when it's your side being shade.

Remember Alberto Gonzales? You dont recall? Love bringing him up.

A liberal FBI director would bring up some bullshit on whoever you guys decide to run in 4 years.

That's the thing about the FBI being used as a political tool. Works both ways. Remember you guys cried that the IRS was picking on tea party PACs? Apparently you approve when it's your side being shade.

It goes both ways...unfortunately for you it got you loons 10 days before the election :)

It goes both ways...unfortunately for you it got you loons 10 days before the election :)
You got nothing. Not even a blip on the radar. In fact it might backfire

You got nothing. Not even a blip on the radar. In fact it might backfire

If that makes you feel better go right ahead and believe that

So Podesta gets a "Google" email in June, telling him his password has been compromised and to change it. The hack supposedly came out of Ukraine. It's a weekend day so his normal email security isn't around (this is how they roll). So he emails the Clinton campaign about it.....15 minutes later the campaign tells him the request is valid. It is not. The page he is diverted to is masterfully done and he has no reason to doubt it's validity. He puts his password change into the text box and presses "okay". His entire email storage is stolen in the following 15 minutes.

Last edited:

So why doesn't Loretta fire him? Why doesn't she tell Hillary what Hillary wants to know?

So why doesn't Loretta fire him? Why doesn't she tell Hillary what Hillary wants to know?

Loretta can't fire him, that's the beauty of it

Forum List

Back