It Gets Worse: Comey Defied Attorney General - His Boss...

Wikileaks might have those emails and Comey had very little choice if that is the case...

Sure, that would make some sense....BUT, then the question arises as to HOW and WHY does the FBI get those "leaks" before Wikileaks usual public exposure.....I hope that we're not concluding that there's a plot between Wikileaks and the FBI to railroad a campaign.

I love watching the left have a mental breakdown. It's like when I was a kid having an Oscar Meyer hot dog, and my mom would cut it in exactly 12 pieces. Good memories.

Especially since they might have happened last week with your mommy.....LOL

FBI Director James Comey Defied Attorney General With Email Announcement

“It is shocking and disheartening that someone I admired would do this,” a former federal prosecutor said.

WASHINGTON ― FBI Director James Comey’s unprecedented decision to insert the bureau into the presidential campaign less than two weeks from Election Day has caused a rift in federal law enforcement.

Attorney General Loretta Lynch wanted Comey to follow DOJ protocols and traditions and not reveal the discovery of new emails that might be pertinent to Clinton’s case, The Huffington Post was able to confirm on Saturday, following the account of a Justice Department official in The Washington Post.

The U.S. Attorneys’ manual emphasizes the importance of “limited confidentiality” in “ongoing operations and investigations” to safeguard “the rights of victims and litigants as well as the protection of the life and safety of other parties and witnesses.”

Julie Werner-Simon, a former federal prosecutor who retired from DOJ in August 2015 after 29 years of service, argues that Comey’s decision to make public an incremental development in the investigation with little clear significance is a breach of the protocol outlined in the manual.

“It is shocking and disheartening that someone I admired would do this,” she said. “If I did what he did, I would be censured.”

“My view is that there should be an investigation” into Comey’s behavior, she added. “Under the rules that he violated, that investigation should be secret. That’s the point.”

There are exceptions to this protocol under unusual circumstances, but Comey would have had to consult with a senior official at DOJ before doing so, according to Werner-Simon, who instructed federal prosecutors about these protocols as senior litigation counsel at DOJ, the last position she held there.

“Who gave him permission? If he is going to use unusual circumstances under the U.S. Attorneys’ Manual, who did he discuss it with?” Werner-Simon said.

Nancy Gertner, a retired federal judge appointed by President Bill Clinton who now lectures at Harvard Law School, had a similarly stinging indictment of Comey’s actions.

“I cannot think of any reason except Comey’s own personal interests to make public the possibility that there may be emails whose content he does not know that may be relevant to the investigation,” Gertner said.

MORE: FBI Director James Comey Defied Attorney General With Email Announcement

So, Comey defied his boss! That usually doesn't turn out well...

That's because he swore an oath to a higher authority:

I [name] do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.

I know the concept is foreign to a squatter like you, but some people swear an oath to protect the constitution and actually follow through.

They were frothing all over themselves after comeys first assessment. Now, theyre ready to burn him salem witch style.

The part on it's "how he handled it" that's particularly hysterical. None of them seem to be able how specifically investigating a Democrat is to be handled ...

What they mean is that he actually attempted to follow the law. That's what they object to.
He made a huge mistake by letting her off now he is risking everything to nail the bitch...

He's not risking a thing he doesn't have to risk. If he had made his announcement, then the entire FBi would have revolted.

No what I think he finally had enough, he got pressured to let her go the first time by Obama and company and now he got pressured by his own staff questioning his honor with overwhelming evidence..

Comet finally knew what he had to do as a season F.B.I. agent

Also I laugh at anyone who thinks trump buying anyone off Gump is a straight shooter he can't help but be honest .
That's what most are saying. Comey was facing a total mutiny of the staff who were threatening to spill all the beans everwhere and make a bloody mess of it all.

I know the concept is foreign to a squatter like you, but some people swear an oath to protect the constitution and actually follow through.

....and, pray tell WHERE in the Constitution does it state that a government official can make a claim.......not yet able to back it up......and then walk away after derailing a candidate's chances to win an election......

I repeat........What would have happened if the IRS director had made a claim that there were serious and chargeable offenses in Trump's tax returns.....and then left it at that just a few days before the election....What would you say then?

If he sat on information that hilly had commited crimes for which she should be indicted, arrested, tried and convicted he would have to leave the country. If he kept quiet and let a criminal get elected, he would be driven into an early grave.

omey was facing a total mutiny of the staff who were threatening to spill all the beans everwhere and make a bloody mess of it all.

Most of that crap has been spewed by FOX.......There's an equal "mutiny" now from the staff against Comey......a guy that is now toast with just days still at his job.

If he sat on information that hilly had commited crimes for which she should be indicted, arrested, tried and convicted he would have to leave the country. If he kept quiet and let a criminal get elected, he would be driven into an early grave.

.......and if these "new' emails prove nothing....what then.....Do we lynch Comey for retribution?

....and, pray tell WHERE in the Constitution does it state that a government official can make a claim.......not yet able to back it up......and then walk away after derailing a candidate's chances to win an election......

I repeat........What would have happened if the IRS director had made a claim that there were serious and chargeable offenses in Trump's tax returns.....and then left it at that just a few days before the election....What would you say then?

Nice try at deflection. Hillary broke the law, the investigation already found that. Setting up an private server was illegal, she did it. Sending classified email on that system was illegal, she did it. Her only "defense" was that she was too stupid to know what she was doing. We all know she isn't that stupid. She did it purposely to avoid the government knowing about her many unethical and illegal practices while in a position of power.

More emails were found while investigating that perv, Wiener. Comey doesn't have to provide the media with evidence while he is doing an investigation, he simply had an obligation to notify Congress, since he testified under oath and promised he would.

But, you go ahead and grab your pitchfork and join the liberal mob that wants to hang Comey now. You've got the most corrupt bitch in politics to defend and get into the Oval Office by any means necessary.

[ why did Weiner still have those emails and not destroy the devices when the investigation was open the first time!?!

The reason Weiner didn't delete anything is likely because these emails don't contain anything very damaging.

Which leads to a larger point. If there was anything damaging from the tens of thousands of emails that have been reviewed, the House Republicans or Wiki would have leaked it. This is the same thing that happened with White Water. They spent 77 million dollars hunting the Clintons over a land deal in the 90s, but they didn't have any substance. So they kept going until they created a perjury trap for Bill over an unrelated matter. It was a pure Soviet-op where they set up total surveillance over a political enemy, and they combed through his dirty laundry until they found something.

This is why Bush said that nobody from his administration would be allowed to testify over 9/11 or the Valerie Plame case. Bush stated flatly that he didn't want to be exposed to political gamesmanship and perjury traps. 3,000 Americans died possibly because the Bush administration failed to follow basic defense protocols on 9/11, yet Bush didn't answer one question in front of a commission or Grand Jury or judge. By contrast, Bill Clinton was dragged in front of a Grand Jury over a adulterous sexual affair, something that no Republican adulterer has ever faced.

After Reagan, the Republicans have played by these two rules. When they're in office, they never - and I mean never - answer questions or testify in front of commissions, judges or juries. They are above the law. However, when Democrats are in the White House, Republicans spend every waking moment making them testify over manufactured scandals, hoping to catch them in some kind of trap. The funny thing is that the Gingrich house never said anything about Terrorism. When the Clinton White House tried to get a basing certification in Pakistan to pursue Bin Laden, Gingrich called it Wag the Dog. The Republican House was not interested in Bin Laden or Terrorism, only Lewinsky. They don't care about national defense. Look what happened when they finally got into the White House. They were sleeping on 9/11, despite being warned ahead of time.

The Left is weak because they don't do what Bush did, which is to say fuck off to any and all commissions. Karl Rove deleted over 100 thousand emails that were subpoenaed for the Valerie Plame case. There were no consequences. If the Left did this, it would have been a 25/7 story with near constant congressional testimony, ala Clinton. You gotta hand it to the Right. They use the justice system like the Old Soviet Union. They destroy their enemies over manufactured scandals while their own crimes are never punished.
Bill Clinton was impeached because he committed perjury, not because he had sex. Liberal idiots keep using that bogus reason to excuse him. And now with Democrats excusing Hillary for blatant criminality, shows that liberals should have no business is positions of responsibility.

You all seem to forget that on July 1, 2016 Loretta Lynch turned over the investigation completely to James Comey. He owes her no explanations for what he did. She is out of the picture by her own decision.

Get your resume ready, Comey.
He should resign immediately.

His actions were reckless and irresponsible.

Imagine, defying the Democrat political elite. It just isn't allowed

They were frothing all over themselves after comeys first assessment. Now, theyre ready to burn him salem witch style.

Comey's first "assessment" sucked. He should have left out all the partisan subjective shit. He basically said "she's an idiot - not a criminal"...

Yet you still want her in the white house.....

A sign of how desparate the Republicans are.

This is why Obama should have cleaned house in 2008. Get you a liberal FBI director and generals. Don't try to work with republicans

So you're saying a liberal FBI director wouldn't follow law? LMAO
A liberal FBI director would bring up some bullshit on whoever you guys decide to run in 4 years.

That's the thing about the FBI being used as a political tool. Works both ways. Remember you guys cried that the IRS was picking on tea party PACs? Apparently you approve when it's your side being shade.

Remember Alberto Gonzales? You dont recall? Love bringing him up.

It goes both ways...unfortunately for you it got you loons 10 days before the election :)
You got nothing. Not even a blip on the radar. In fact it might backfire

Yep, it will probably backfire on Crooked Comey and the NaziCons. Lord help all those evil bastards when Hillary becomes president. She takes names and kicks ass!
What sucks is comey probably will get a big government pension when she fires him

Comey's first "assessment" sucked. He should have left out all the partisan subjective shit. He basically said "she's an idiot - not a criminal"...

Wrong. What he actually said is that Hillary is a criminal, but I'm not going to prosecute her because my ass will be toast if I do.
So then he does this? Blows your hypothesis

Yet you still want her in the white house.....
Yes! She's not as bad as Republicans say.

In fact the more you hate her the more we love her

FBI Director James Comey Defied Attorney General With Email Announcement

“It is shocking and disheartening that someone I admired would do this,” a former federal prosecutor said.

WASHINGTON ― FBI Director James Comey’s unprecedented decision to insert the bureau into the presidential campaign less than two weeks from Election Day has caused a rift in federal law enforcement.

Attorney General Loretta Lynch wanted Comey to follow DOJ protocols and traditions and not reveal the discovery of new emails that might be pertinent to Clinton’s case, The Huffington Post was able to confirm on Saturday, following the account of a Justice Department official in The Washington Post.

The U.S. Attorneys’ manual emphasizes the importance of “limited confidentiality” in “ongoing operations and investigations” to safeguard “the rights of victims and litigants as well as the protection of the life and safety of other parties and witnesses.”

Julie Werner-Simon, a former federal prosecutor who retired from DOJ in August 2015 after 29 years of service, argues that Comey’s decision to make public an incremental development in the investigation with little clear significance is a breach of the protocol outlined in the manual.

“It is shocking and disheartening that someone I admired would do this,” she said. “If I did what he did, I would be censured.”

“My view is that there should be an investigation” into Comey’s behavior, she added. “Under the rules that he violated, that investigation should be secret. That’s the point.”

There are exceptions to this protocol under unusual circumstances, but Comey would have had to consult with a senior official at DOJ before doing so, according to Werner-Simon, who instructed federal prosecutors about these protocols as senior litigation counsel at DOJ, the last position she held there.

“Who gave him permission? If he is going to use unusual circumstances under the U.S. Attorneys’ Manual, who did he discuss it with?” Werner-Simon said.

Nancy Gertner, a retired federal judge appointed by President Bill Clinton who now lectures at Harvard Law School, had a similarly stinging indictment of Comey’s actions.

“I cannot think of any reason except Comey’s own personal interests to make public the possibility that there may be emails whose content he does not know that may be relevant to the investigation,” Gertner said.

MORE: FBI Director James Comey Defied Attorney General With Email Announcement

So, Comey defied his boss! That usually doesn't turn out well...

i wonder what they threatened him with

Forum List

Back