It Gets Worse: Comey Defied Attorney General - His Boss...

Get your resume ready, Comey.
He should resign immediately.

His actions were reckless and irresponsible.

Imagine, defying the Democrat political elite. It just isn't allowed

They were frothing all over themselves after comeys first assessment. Now, theyre ready to burn him salem witch style.

The part on it's "how he handled it" that's particularly hysterical. None of them seem to be able how specifically investigating a Democrat is to be handled ...

What they mean is that he actually attempted to follow the law. That's what they object to.
He made a huge mistake by letting her off now he is risking everything to nail the bitch...

They were frothing all over themselves after comeys first assessment. Now, theyre ready to burn him salem witch style.

The part on it's "how he handled it" that's particularly hysterical. None of them seem to be able how specifically investigating a Democrat is to be handled ...

What they mean is that he actually attempted to follow the law. That's what they object to.

Here's a novel thought, if Clinton and company hadn't decided to break the law this wouldn't be happening. She created her own dilemma

But, but Crooked Comey said she didn't break any laws.

FBI Says Clinton Emails Did Not Break Any Law

He made a huge mistake by letting her off now he is risking everything to nail the bitch...

He's not risking a thing he doesn't have to risk. If he had made his announcement, then the entire FBi would have revolted.

Comey is gambling with his career

If something is found he will be able to claim he was justified

If he threw the election into question over a wild goose chase, he should be fired

Hes not gambling if he found more evidence. His credibility is suspect on the previous account when he had enough evidence to convict 10 presidents.

We will see if his gamble pays off....if it is just another dead end, he should be held accountable
Just like Lois Lerner?

Plead the fifth and retire into obscurity.

Seems there is a contagion steeping in the swamp.

He's not risking a thing he doesn't have to risk. If he had made his announcement, then the entire FBi would have revolted.

No what I think he finally had enough, he got pressured to let her go the first time by Obama and company and now he got pressured by his own staff questioning his honor with overwhelming evidence..

Comet finally knew what he had to do as a season F.B.I. agent

Also I laugh at anyone who thinks trump buying anyone off Gump is a straight shooter he can't help but be honest .

No what I think he finally had enough, he got pressured to let her go the first time by Obama and company and now he got pressured by his own staff questioning his honor with overwhelming evidence..

Also I laugh at anyone who thinks trump buying anyone off Gump is a straight shooter he can't help but be honest .
Comey isn't a seasoned FBI agent. He's a political appointee.

Here's a novel thought, if Clinton and company hadn't decided to break the law this wouldn't be happening. She created her own dilemma

But, but Crooked Comey said she didn't break any laws.

FBI Says Clinton Emails Did Not Break Any Law

An AlterNet Story from July?
Are you a stupid fuck or what?

You're right he is a dumb ass lawyer..

My mistake ok a question how the fuck can a dumb ass lwayer lead the F.B.I?

God Damn this is dumb by George Bush jr and all the rest you telling me not even a cop is appointed to head the F.B.I? God Damn that is as bad as electing Obama or Bush Jr as president...or fucking Eric holder or lynch..

This government sucks and reeks of corruption

James Comey - Wikipedia

You're right he is a dumb ass lawyer..

My mistake ok a question how the fuck can a dumb ass lwayer lead the F.B.I?

God Damn this is dumb by George Bush jr and all the rest you telling me not even a cop is appointed to head the F.B.I? God Damn that is as bad as electing Obama or Bush Jr as president...or fucking Eric holder or lynch..

This government sucks and reeks of corruption

James Comey - Wikipedia

He was the Assistant AG under Bush. Presidents will always appoint someone they consider to be political reliable to political positions.

It can't get much worse for Cankles.....ahhhhh karma :banana:

Oh it can get worse, cuffed and perp walked to jail, an expanding investigation into the corrupt Clinton foundation, all the pay to play deals. The question is how many more people will the Clintons take down with them. I doubt Obama will pardon her, he doesn't even like her. This election has been delicious.

FBI Director James Comey Defied Attorney General With Email Announcement

“It is shocking and disheartening that someone I admired would do this,” a former federal prosecutor said.

WASHINGTON ― FBI Director James Comey’s unprecedented decision to insert the bureau into the presidential campaign less than two weeks from Election Day has caused a rift in federal law enforcement.

Attorney General Loretta Lynch wanted Comey to follow DOJ protocols and traditions and not reveal the discovery of new emails that might be pertinent to Clinton’s case, The Huffington Post was able to confirm on Saturday, following the account of a Justice Department official in The Washington Post.

The U.S. Attorneys’ manual emphasizes the importance of “limited confidentiality” in “ongoing operations and investigations” to safeguard “the rights of victims and litigants as well as the protection of the life and safety of other parties and witnesses.”

Julie Werner-Simon, a former federal prosecutor who retired from DOJ in August 2015 after 29 years of service, argues that Comey’s decision to make public an incremental development in the investigation with little clear significance is a breach of the protocol outlined in the manual.

“It is shocking and disheartening that someone I admired would do this,” she said. “If I did what he did, I would be censured.”

“My view is that there should be an investigation” into Comey’s behavior, she added. “Under the rules that he violated, that investigation should be secret. That’s the point.”

There are exceptions to this protocol under unusual circumstances, but Comey would have had to consult with a senior official at DOJ before doing so, according to Werner-Simon, who instructed federal prosecutors about these protocols as senior litigation counsel at DOJ, the last position she held there.

“Who gave him permission? If he is going to use unusual circumstances under the U.S. Attorneys’ Manual, who did he discuss it with?” Werner-Simon said.

Nancy Gertner, a retired federal judge appointed by President Bill Clinton who now lectures at Harvard Law School, had a similarly stinging indictment of Comey’s actions.

“I cannot think of any reason except Comey’s own personal interests to make public the possibility that there may be emails whose content he does not know that may be relevant to the investigation,” Gertner said.

MORE: FBI Director James Comey Defied Attorney General With Email Announcement

So, Comey defied his boss! That usually doesn't turn out well...

Fiat justitia ruat caelum.

Let justice be done though the heavens fall.

This time Comey stuck to a principle his boss wouldn't. Justice at all costs. Whether it is justice for Hillary or for the American people, justice, even at the cost of Comey's career.

Last edited:
Hopefully, the Sunday talk shows tomorrow will be fair to Hillary - especially considering that Comey doesn't even know what's in those Weiner/Huma emails.

So Podesta gets a "Google" email in June, telling him his password has been compromised and to change it. The hack supposedly came out of Ukraine. It's a weekend day so his normal email security isn't around (this is how they roll). So he emails the Clinton campaign about it.....15 minutes later the campaign tells him the request is valid. It is not. The page he is diverted to is masterfully done and he has no reason to doubt it's validity. He puts his password change into the text box and presses "okay". His entire email storage is stolen in the following 15 minutes.

Correction: the hack on Podesta's computer happened in March, not June...March 19th...a Saturday.

Hopefully, the Sunday talk shows tomorrow will be fair to Hillary - especially considering that Comey doesn't even know what's in those Weiner/Huma emails.

By "fair" do you mean they'll call Comey SATAN and demand Trump be arrested for putting his own money into his campaign?

I can't stop myself.........heap mad
tumblr_loo8m06rIv1qd0uvxo1_250.gif

Last edited:

I agree...he should have actually done and investigation of hilary.....seized all of her electronic devices, and servers before she destroyed evidence and searched not only her offices but her home as well...then interviewed her under oath and on video...as he would have done for any other subject of a criminal investigation.....that he didn't and allowed her to walk free was reckless, and irresponsible and a dereliction of duty...

Comey's first "assessment" sucked. He should have left out all the partisan subjective shit. He basically said "she's an idiot - not a criminal"...

Yes...he should have said she is a criminal since she violated federal statutes and destroyed evidence, and obstructed justice...and engaged in a criminal conspiracy to obstruct justice...and we haven't even started on the clinton foundation criminal activity....

FBI Director James Comey Defied Attorney General With Email Announcement

“It is shocking and disheartening that someone I admired would do this,” a former federal prosecutor said.

WASHINGTON ― FBI Director James Comey’s unprecedented decision to insert the bureau into the presidential campaign less than two weeks from Election Day has caused a rift in federal law enforcement.

Attorney General Loretta Lynch wanted Comey to follow DOJ protocols and traditions and not reveal the discovery of new emails that might be pertinent to Clinton’s case, The Huffington Post was able to confirm on Saturday, following the account of a Justice Department official in The Washington Post.

The U.S. Attorneys’ manual emphasizes the importance of “limited confidentiality” in “ongoing operations and investigations” to safeguard “the rights of victims and litigants as well as the protection of the life and safety of other parties and witnesses.”

Julie Werner-Simon, a former federal prosecutor who retired from DOJ in August 2015 after 29 years of service, argues that Comey’s decision to make public an incremental development in the investigation with little clear significance is a breach of the protocol outlined in the manual.

“It is shocking and disheartening that someone I admired would do this,” she said. “If I did what he did, I would be censured.”

“My view is that there should be an investigation” into Comey’s behavior, she added. “Under the rules that he violated, that investigation should be secret. That’s the point.”

There are exceptions to this protocol under unusual circumstances, but Comey would have had to consult with a senior official at DOJ before doing so, according to Werner-Simon, who instructed federal prosecutors about these protocols as senior litigation counsel at DOJ, the last position she held there.

“Who gave him permission? If he is going to use unusual circumstances under the U.S. Attorneys’ Manual, who did he discuss it with?” Werner-Simon said.

Nancy Gertner, a retired federal judge appointed by President Bill Clinton who now lectures at Harvard Law School, had a similarly stinging indictment of Comey’s actions.

“I cannot think of any reason except Comey’s own personal interests to make public the possibility that there may be emails whose content he does not know that may be relevant to the investigation,” Gertner said.

MORE: FBI Director James Comey Defied Attorney General With Email Announcement

So, Comey defied his boss! That usually doesn't turn out well...
Good.

Forum List

Back