It Gets Worse: Comey Defied Attorney General - His Boss...

Coney is gambling with his career

If something is found he will be able to claim he was justified

If he threw the election into question over a wild goose chase, he should be fired

He probably has one of them great GOVT pensions sewn up. Legacy? Career? uh..I'll take $10K/mo forever instead. See ya around.

Get your resume ready, Comey.
He should resign immediately.

His actions were reckless and irresponsible.

Imagine, defying the Democrat political elite. It just isn't allowed

They were frothing all over themselves after comeys first assessment. Now, theyre ready to burn him salem witch style.

Comey's first "assessment" sucked. He should have left out all the partisan subjective shit. He basically said "she's an idiot - not a criminal"...

That was ridiculous, she's an idiot and a criminal

Comey is gambling with his career

If he threw the election into question over a wild goose chase, he should be fired

Hes not gambling if he found more evidence. His credibility is suspect on the previous account when he had enough evidence to convict 10 presidents.

We will see if his gamble pays off....if it is just another dead end, he should be held accountable

Coney is gambling with his career

He probably has one of them great GOVT pensions sewn up. Legacy? Career? uh..I'll take $10K/mo forever instead. See ya around.

I've got one of those pensions. Best decision I ever made

Defying your boss usually doesn't turn out well...

He is his boss, that's why FBI directors are appointed and confirmed for ten years, to keep politics out of their decisions. Lynch favored a cover up. Comey kept his word to congress, he told them he would tell them if other developments occurred, they did. If the hildabitch wasn't so corrupt she wouldn't have to be wondering what might be catching up to her or when the other shoe might drop.

FBI reports to DOJ.

org-chart_large-7.png

Agencies | DOJ | Department of Justice

A boss has the power to fire your ass, only congress through impeachment can remove Comey. Got it? Lynch can pitch a fit, nothing else.

You may be right - but please provide "credible" proof of how Comey can legally be removed from office.

I guess the president can remove him, Lynch can't. Do you really think you dear leader will do it with 3 months to go?

The position of FBI Director has a fixed 10-year term, and the officeholder cannot be reappointed, unless Congress acts to allow a second appointment of the incumbent. There are no statutory conditions on the President’s authority to remove the FBI Director. Since 1972, one Director has been removed by the President.

http://fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/R41850.pdf

"Protocols and traditions"? Comey is stuck between a rock and a hard place. He went along with the A.G. even after he laid out a case for indictment against Hillary. When it seems that Trump might win the election Comey shifts to a CYA mode and decides that he might enforce the law for a change and lefties are outraged.

Comey is gambling with his career

Hes not gambling if he found more evidence. His credibility is suspect on the previous account when he had enough evidence to convict 10 presidents.

We will see if his gamble pays off....if it is just another dead end, he should be held accountable

Well, we knew why he let her off in the first go round. Hillary has illegally steered millions into comeys pocket through lockheed martin.

FBI Director James Comey Defied Attorney General With Email Announcement

“It is shocking and disheartening that someone I admired would do this,” a former federal prosecutor said.

WASHINGTON ― FBI Director James Comey’s unprecedented decision to insert the bureau into the presidential campaign less than two weeks from Election Day has caused a rift in federal law enforcement.

Attorney General Loretta Lynch wanted Comey to follow DOJ protocols and traditions and not reveal the discovery of new emails that might be pertinent to Clinton’s case, The Huffington Post was able to confirm on Saturday, following the account of a Justice Department official in The Washington Post.

The U.S. Attorneys’ manual emphasizes the importance of “limited confidentiality” in “ongoing operations and investigations” to safeguard “the rights of victims and litigants as well as the protection of the life and safety of other parties and witnesses.”

Julie Werner-Simon, a former federal prosecutor who retired from DOJ in August 2015 after 29 years of service, argues that Comey’s decision to make public an incremental development in the investigation with little clear significance is a breach of the protocol outlined in the manual.

“It is shocking and disheartening that someone I admired would do this,” she said. “If I did what he did, I would be censured.”

“My view is that there should be an investigation” into Comey’s behavior, she added. “Under the rules that he violated, that investigation should be secret. That’s the point.”

There are exceptions to this protocol under unusual circumstances, but Comey would have had to consult with a senior official at DOJ before doing so, according to Werner-Simon, who instructed federal prosecutors about these protocols as senior litigation counsel at DOJ, the last position she held there.

“Who gave him permission? If he is going to use unusual circumstances under the U.S. Attorneys’ Manual, who did he discuss it with?” Werner-Simon said.

Nancy Gertner, a retired federal judge appointed by President Bill Clinton who now lectures at Harvard Law School, had a similarly stinging indictment of Comey’s actions.

“I cannot think of any reason except Comey’s own personal interests to make public the possibility that there may be emails whose content he does not know that may be relevant to the investigation,” Gertner said.

MORE: FBI Director James Comey Defied Attorney General With Email Announcement

So, Comey defied his boss! That usually doesn't turn out well...

He's finished. And the story will quickly turn to being about him and his attempted hatchet job on a US Presidential Candidate. Trump who grabbed onto this like a man grabbing the last vine as he falls over a cliff will look really desperate and stupid for trying to turn this nothing into something.

Cons, Lucy has pulled the football away, just as you were kicking the field-goal to tie, at the last second once again and as you have so many times you have landed on your ass. And the pain is just starting to throb.

“It is shocking and disheartening that someone I admired would do this,” a former federal prosecutor said.

WASHINGTON ― FBI Director James Comey’s unprecedented decision to insert the bureau into the presidential campaign less than two weeks from Election Day has caused a rift in federal law enforcement.

Attorney General Loretta Lynch wanted Comey to follow DOJ protocols and traditions and not reveal the discovery of new emails that might be pertinent to Clinton’s case, The Huffington Post was able to confirm on Saturday, following the account of a Justice Department official in The Washington Post.

The U.S. Attorneys’ manual emphasizes the importance of “limited confidentiality” in “ongoing operations and investigations” to safeguard “the rights of victims and litigants as well as the protection of the life and safety of other parties and witnesses.”

Julie Werner-Simon, a former federal prosecutor who retired from DOJ in August 2015 after 29 years of service, argues that Comey’s decision to make public an incremental development in the investigation with little clear significance is a breach of the protocol outlined in the manual.

“It is shocking and disheartening that someone I admired would do this,” she said. “If I did what he did, I would be censured.”

“My view is that there should be an investigation” into Comey’s behavior, she added. “Under the rules that he violated, that investigation should be secret. That’s the point.”

There are exceptions to this protocol under unusual circumstances, but Comey would have had to consult with a senior official at DOJ before doing so, according to Werner-Simon, who instructed federal prosecutors about these protocols as senior litigation counsel at DOJ, the last position she held there.

“Who gave him permission? If he is going to use unusual circumstances under the U.S. Attorneys’ Manual, who did he discuss it with?” Werner-Simon said.

Nancy Gertner, a retired federal judge appointed by President Bill Clinton who now lectures at Harvard Law School, had a similarly stinging indictment of Comey’s actions.

“I cannot think of any reason except Comey’s own personal interests to make public the possibility that there may be emails whose content he does not know that may be relevant to the investigation,” Gertner said.

He was looking out for the good of this nation :salute:

It can't get much worse for Cankles.....ahhhhh karma :banana:

Yeah it can. Prison jumpsuit anyone?
Get your resume ready, Comey.
He should resign immediately.

His actions were reckless and irresponsible.

Amen! His legacy is now shit.

For doing his job?

He was fine with you when he refused to recommend prosecution despite saying anyone else who did the same thing would have gone yo jail, but reopening the case when new evidence is found is is bae despite it being his job to do just that?

Stop selling your integrity and honor for the Clintons. Stop selling your soul. She isn't worth it.

We all deserve some healing from the Clinton cancer this nation has suffered from the last thirty years

Wikileaks might have those emails and Comey had very little choice if that is the case...

It is very possible that the Trump's anti-American alliances (Putin and/or Assange) were going to release those emails, but when the FBI joins the scandal-mongering 10 days before an election, it takes us one step closer to the old Soviet Union, where the KGB controlled politics quite apart form the peoples' will. It's kind of like the CIA's war against Kennedy. Even when Republicans don't control the Presidency, they use their "deep state" operatives to manipulate events.

Moron....the only one with actual ties to Russia is hilary.....she took bribes through the clinton foundation and gave Russia 20% of our Uranium....and her campaign chairman has 75,000 shares of stock in Putin's energy companies that got the Uranium....

This lying about hilary and her actual ties to Putin is getting old....sadly for you there is a thing called the internet, and you lie will be exposed as soon as you put it out there...

Comey will get whistleblower status and a medal from President Trump

It comes as no surprise to me, and possibly many many others that democrats are 'shocked and disheartened' when someone does what's right and follows the law.

Here's another: It's October - Surprise!

Wait a few days....

Forum List

Back