Israel losing its evangel support by huge numbers

Oh, a tangible, four-dimensional place. Obviously detectable by the senses.

Where is it? Michigan?
Not sure. I never said I believe all that crap. I just know that's what the Bible says. It's kinda like a Harry Potter story. I know it says Harry can talk to snakes, but that doesn't mean I believe it.

The Nanny State Rides on Scapegoats

Jesus didn't come for the Jews the first time. So they have no reason to repent at his Second Coming.
He absolutely came for the Jews to be their Passover Lamb. He considered Gentiles dogs and said so:

Matthew 51: 21-28 Leaving that place, Jesus withdrew to the region of Tyre and Sidon. A Canaanite woman from that vicinity came to him, crying out, “Lord, Son of David, have mercy on me! My daughter is demon-possessed and suffering terribly.”
Jesus did not answer a word. So his disciples came to him and urged him, “Send her away, for she keeps crying out after us.”
He answered, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel.”
The woman came and knelt before him. “Lord, help me!” she said.
He replied, “It is not right to take the children’s bread and toss it to the dogs.”
“Yes it is, Lord,” she said. “Even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their master’s table.”
Then Jesus said to her, “Woman, you have great faith! Your request is granted.” And her daughter was healed at that moment.

Well, surprise, the kingdom arrived two thousand years ago.

Not so. Christians are not grafted into the "Jewish line." Gentiles are grafted into Israel (Rom 11:11-12). And Israel now is not ethnic Israel.

In that case, how was the millennial reign of Christ? All that peace and all. And where is He? He said He was staying this time and He could be found in Jerusalem, in the new Temple. I can't find it either.

Israel is where His people still are and where Christ will return. If Israel is not ethnic, where are the Jews that Christ is returning to? They are right where they were when Jesus was here the first time.

Yes, we were grafted in:
Gal. 3:29 And Paul said: “If you are Christ’s, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise”.

A new covenant, yes. Sent to whom? For whom? The Jews.
Jeremiah 31:31 It is written, “Behold, the days are coming, says the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah”
And we were grafted into that covenant being seeds of Abraham because we belong to Christ.

Isaiah 46:14 And I will place salvation in Zion, For Israel My glory”

Christ, the Jewish Rabbi, is our salvation. He is returning not as a lamb, but as a Lion of the tribe of JUDAH. And when the time comes we will find him In Jerusalem. He said so.

What bullshit. Christians are “God’s chosen”, not Jews in Israel. Jews openly reject Christ. How can you be a Christian and even think Jews are going to have favor with God?

I never understood why so many Evangelicals worship Israel.

Why? Because Cyrus Scofield was hired to promote Christian Zionism.

In that case, how was the millennial reign of Christ? All that peace and all. And where is He? He said He was staying this time and He could be found in Jerusalem, in the new Temple. I can't find it either.

Israel is where His people still are and where Christ will return. If Israel is not ethnic, where are the Jews that Christ is returning to? They are right where they were when Jesus was here the first time.

Yes, we were grafted in:
Gal. 3:29 And Paul said: “If you are Christ’s, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise”.

A new covenant, yes. Sent to whom? For whom? The Jews.
Jeremiah 31:31 It is written, “Behold, the days are coming, says the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah”
And we were grafted into that covenant being seeds of Abraham because we belong to Christ.

Isaiah 46:14 And I will place salvation in Zion, For Israel My glory”

Christ, the Jewish Rabbi, is our salvation. He is returning not as a lamb, but as a Lion of the tribe of JUDAH. And when the time comes we will find him In Jerusalem. He said so.

Revelation 21:22 But I saw no temple in the city, because the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple. I did not see a temple in the city, because the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple.

What bullshit. Christians are “God’s chosen”, not Jews in Israel. Jews openly reject Christ. How can you be a Christian and even think Jews are going to have favor with God?

I never understood why so many Evangelicals worship Israel.

Any nation that pisses off Muslims AND liberals, must be doing something right.

The Jews are in for a rough time. All nations are going to be against them. 1/3 of them are going to die and then a third of what is left is going to die before Christ returns. To the Mt. of Olives. The Jews will recognize them this time. And He will never leave them again. He will greatly expand Israel to it's original borders, and rule and reign from the throne of David.

Zechariah was talking about Cyrus the Great and the ingathering after the Babylonian exile.

In that case, how was the millennial reign of Christ? All that peace and all.
Yes, that's the case. Paul proclaimed his citizenship in the kingdom for himself and his contemporaries (Col 1:13). The letter to the Hebrews exhorts believers to be grateful for the kingdom they had received (Heb 12:28). And the Revelator declared himself a partner in the kingdom with his brethren (Rv 1:9). The kingdom’s arrival is clearly a first-century phenomenon.

Once you understand that, maybe you'll be open to further explanations.

And where is He? He said He was staying this time and He could be found in Jerusalem, in the new Temple. I can't find it either.
Where is he? Are you expecting a corporeal coming? Do you not understand the Bible? You don't recognize the new temple? The Bible says that is here, too.

Revelation 21:22 But I saw no temple in the city, because the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple. I did not see a temple in the city, because the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple.
And this temple is where the people of God gather. In the first century, the new temple was being raised (1 Pt 2:4-5). In the kingdom, the church is the temple

Well, surprise, the kingdom arrived two thousand years ago.

Not so. Christians are not grafted into the "Jewish line." Gentiles are grafted into Israel (Rom 11:11-12). And Israel now is not ethnic Israel.

Some Protestant church do teach that Christians are grafted into Israel.. Makes no sense to me.

Yes, in Zechariah 14, God would rebuild Jerusalem after Babylon, and then defend her, while in the New Testament, He destroys the city.

Well, yeah.. and they did rebuild the Temple after they returned from Babylon which is why Cyrus the Great is such a hero to the Jewish people. Zechariah isn't talking about the future modern age.

Most of the prophets address a specific time and a specific people.

Well, yeah.. and they did rebuild the Temple after they returned from Babylon which is why Cyrus the Great is such a hero to the Jewish people. Zechariah isn't talking about the future modern age.

Most of the prophets address a specific time and a specific people.
Most Christians isolate passages from the Bible and inject them in the contexts of their own imaginations.

Most Christians isolate passages from the Bible and inject them in the contexts of their own imaginations.

That's true. Can you explain to me the significance of the Kidron Valley and the splitting of the Mt of Olives? I just don't get it. Sometimes its called the Valley of Decision, isn't it?

That's true. Can you explain to me the significance of the Kidron Valley and the splitting of the Mt of Olives? I just don't get it. Sometimes its called the Valley of Decision, isn't it?
Figurative, obviously. I suspect it might have something to do with division in the kingdom of Israel. Some would go north, some south. Israel and Judea. But don't quote me.

In the incident of the fig tree outside Bethany, Jesus referred to Israel (a tree) as this mountain. This fig tree, the reprobate Mt. Zion, would wither and die. This mountain would be cast into the sea, and of course it was. The division in this case was essentially the same - moderate Jews and Christian converts on one side of the valley while the rebels stayed on the other side, cast into hell, hellbent on killing Romans.

Forum List

Back