Isfahan “they say our enemy is America, but our enemy is right here”

So what is your argument here? That the people are protesting the war mongering elements of their government and that's a good thing?

If so, I will agree and hope we learn from it.
These American warmongers are some kind of special stupid. They haven’t learned a damn thing these 20 years. It’s all right in front of their eyes, but they can’t see it.

I didn’t think this level of ignorance was even possible.
the US didn't start the war in the Middle East

No, it's been ongoing for centuries and we have shown that we can do nothing about it and it's foolish to continue to try.

The people of Iran are protesting. The only way to change is from within.

I dont agree that islam is no different than Christianity

it is radically different in its willingness to employ violence to impose its religion on unbelievers

How many countries do we currently have our military in?

All that are necessary for us to be there...

The founders warned us about not doing this very same thing.

What do you care about the founders, unless you can twist it, and use it to your rhetorical agenda?.... Face it, you loath this country, and what the founders stood for....Hell, just a minute ago, (metaphorically speaking) you would have been calling them racists...

Noting what they warned us about is not twisting anything. Simple facts.

What I've said about their ownership of slaves was it was wrong and hypocritical but it was a different time.

What do you think the world would look like without America in the lead?

As a Christian I never understood this. The Bible says that Israel is God's chosen people. If so he doesn't need us to protect them.
You must believe then that God doesn't use people and nations in any way at all to see to it his will is done.

Let’s try a little thought experiment that might help you comprehend.

Let’s assume you live in a third world country, but you love your country. Then, the world’s greatest empire shows up one day an massacres people you admire. Naturally you are very upset about this. What are you likely to do:
1 Quiver in your hovel.
2 Take action against the Empire.
3 Shit your pants.
That's like saying you spanked your kid and now you are quaking in fear at his/her reprisal. It's infantile thinking.

D

What do you care about the founders, unless you can twist it, and use it to your rhetorical agenda?.... Face it, you loath this country, and what the founders stood for....Hell, just a minute ago, (metaphorically speaking) you would have been calling them racists...

What I've said about their ownership of slaves was it was wrong and hypocritical but it was a different time.

Dumb question.

What those of us who want peace want, is not a weakened America. We don’t want more regime change wars that result in nothing but death, suffering, debt, and destruction.

Have you learned nothing these pass 19 years?

To think America must kill and war against nations all over the world is America leading, is the belief of a dumb ass.

Let’s try a little thought experiment that might help you comprehend.

Let’s assume you live in a third world country, but you love your country. Then, the world’s greatest empire shows up one day an massacres people you admire. Naturally you are very upset about this. What are you likely to do:
1 Quiver in your hovel.
2 Take action against the Empire.
3 Shit your pants.
That's like saying you spanked your kid and now you are quaking in fear at his/her reprisal. It's infantile thinking.

I tried to dumb it down for you. I’ll try to make more simple. Simpleton.

So what is your argument here? That the people are protesting the war mongering elements of their government and that's a good thing?

These American warmongers are some kind of special stupid. They haven’t learned a damn thing these 20 years. It’s all right in front of their eyes, but they can’t see it.

No, it's been ongoing for centuries and we have shown that we can do nothing about it and it's foolish to continue to try.

.....we did accomplish the mission of justifiably getting rid of saddam ....these are not total wars..a lot of it is political/terrorists/etc

Why should we consider the killing of tens of thousands on innocent people as leadership?

The back story is the Swiss interjected between the U.S. and Iran to cool things off. Why shouldn't that be considered leadership?

.....we did accomplish the mission of justifiably getting rid of saddam ....these are not total wars..a lot of it is political/terrorists/etc

Iraq is not a better country today.

D

Dumb question.

What those of us who want peace want, is not a weakened America. We don’t want more regime change wars that result in nothing but death, suffering, debt, and destruction.

To think America must kill and war against nations all over the world is America leading, is the belief of a dumb ass.

It was a simple question that obviously scares the shit out of the likes of you, that's why you felt the need to make it about me, instead of discussing the question.

D

Dumb question.

It was a simple question that obviously scares the shit out of the likes of you, that's why you felt the need to make it about me, instead of discussing the question.
You didn’t read or comprehend my post. Try again warmonger.

Why should we consider the killing of tens of thousands on innocent people as leadership?

The back story is the Swiss interjected between the U.S. and Iran to cool things off. Why shouldn't that be considered leadership?

When you have evil regimes like Iran that are active in their own backyard, making it a authortarian shithole, and people yearning to be free of that crap, then who else would do the work needed? The Swiss? I don't think so.

I do not believe in a God so weak that he has to rely on us to carry out his word
Okay. I can't argue with your personal religious convictions. I can only say without US intervention and assistance Israel might have been removed from the map (just like the Iranians want) decades ago.

Being God's "chosen people" is all well and good. Having the US arm and assist you is probably better.

D

Dumb question.

You didn’t read or comprehend my post. Try again warmonger.

Answer my question then we can have a discussion....

When you have evil regimes like Iran that are active in their own backyard, making it a authortarian shithole, and people yearning to be free of that crap, then who else would do the work needed? The Swiss? I don't think so.

Again.....it should be plainly obvious we can change nothing. 18 years and we have accomplished little to nothing.

If the people want change and it's not even clear they actually do* it has to be done from the inside.

* What happened when we spent millions training the Iraqi people to defend themself? As soon as we turned out backs they left their arms and went home. This is a sign of people who want change?

Forum List

Back