Is your school still a school?

bill718

Diamond Member
Jun 26, 2016
Land use in all communities is constantly changing of course, but I've been shocked at how fast schools appear, then are gone. My elementary school was bulldozed about 15 years ago, and is now a county park. My Jr. High School is gone as well, and is now an equipment storage area for a new light rail line scheduled to open in 2023. My High School was renovated in the early 90's, and is now the school district central office, though no longer a school, the sports stadium is still in use for school district sports events.

So - Is your old school still a school?

Land use in all communities is constantly changing of course, but I've been shocked at how fast schools appear, then are gone. My elementary school was bulldozed about 15 years ago, and is now a county park. My Jr. High School is gone as well, and is now an equipment storage area for a new light rail line scheduled to open in 2023. My High School was renovated in the early 90's, and is now the school district central office, though no longer a school, the sports stadium is still in use for school district sports events.

Some are, some are not. The first school I went to is some kind of private retirement place now or so I was told. That building was ancient old and really should have been decommissioned a long time before I went to it.

In the next 20 years or so you won't see any more schools; all of its going to be online.

both grade schools are still there but ones an apartment building/condos
1634777016945.png

all 3 high schools are there but this one westport high is up for discussion

1634777123760.png

My High School building was an old WPA project built out in the middle of nowhere (at that time)
Now it's a gas station.

Yes. All of them are. The elementary school I attended in the seventies and eighties was recently expanded. The middle and high school are still in high swing.

Forum List

Back