Is this the best political quote ever?

AntiParty

Tea is the new Kool-Aid
Mar 12, 2014
I've actually held a "best political quote" thread on every forum I've been on. Much of it is bias dribble that only applies to ones own party.

This week I heard the best I've ever heard........

"America isn't divided by politics. It's divided between people who think with their brains and those that know with their hearts."

That's a very solid summary.

Either way, post a good or better quote if you think you have one.

I've never been able to understand this absolute crossing arms and turning heads of information in this Country. This quote sums it up though. Some people think they are too smart before new information to receive it. New things and Change is mighty scary.

I've actually held a "best political quote" thread on every forum I've been on. Much of it is bias dribble that only applies to ones own party.

"America isn't divided by politics. It's divided between people who think with their brains and those that know with their hearts."

Not even close.....

“Six mistakes mankind keeps making century after century:
Believing that personal gain is made by crushing others;
Worrying about things that cannot be changed or corrected;
Insisting that a thing is impossible because we cannot accomplish it;
Refusing to set aside trivial preferences;
Neglecting development and refinement of the mind;
Attempting to compel others to believe and live as we do.”-Marcus Tullius Cicero

This ones pretty famous.

"And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country."
—John F. Kennedy, inauguration address, January 1961.

Not even close.....

“Six mistakes mankind keeps making century after century:
Believing that personal gain is made by crushing others;
Worrying about things that cannot be changed or corrected;
Insisting that a thing is impossible because we cannot accomplish it;
Refusing to set aside trivial preferences;
Neglecting development and refinement of the mind;
Attempting to compel others to believe and live as we do.”-Marcus Tullius Cicero

Sounds pretty Progressive there westwall.......

I think many of the debate's we have had in the past could be answered by your very own quote.

"Insisting that a thing is impossible because we cannot accomplish it" ~ Put some thought into that one kiddo.

I like it.

Who said that?

more to the quote; some of us do our best to reason things out and come up with the best solution, others rely on naive hope.

Like dropping the sanctions with Cuba, we are hoping that it doesn't go south, even though we know Castros little brother was the crazier of the 2

MemeReaganGovernmentsFirstDutyistoProtectthePeopleNotRunTheirLives-1.jpg

I like it.

Who said that?

more to the quote; some of us do our best to reason things out and come up with the best solution, others rely on naive hope.

Like dropping the sanctions with Cuba, we are hoping that it doesn't go south, even though we know Castros little brother was the crazier of the 2

"Who said that?"

If you can find out who, you win a balloon :)

Is this not a political speech?

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed..."

Is this not a political speech?

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed..."

Good quote.
But the terms "Life, Liberty, and Equallity" are debated today between those who use their brain to think and those who use their heart to know.

Forum List

Back