Is there political gain to classify Hispanics as ‘white’? The Vegas thug Jesus Ayala is classed as white..the kid who killed the cyclist?

hahaha… Do you ever tell the truth about anything?
Apparently Hispanics themselves can’t decide how to ‘identify’….yet some gay Jamaican Asian in cyberspace says we should take his word for it…hahaha

“In the 2020 Census, the number of Latinos who selected “white” as their race dropped to 20% from 53% in 2010”
😄

Yeah. Trump and Republican racism made younger Latinos not want to identify as white anymore.

Op-Ed: Why did so few Latinos identify themselves as white in the 2020 census?

Strikingly, the share of Latinos who identified their race as white in the 2020 census fell from about 53% in 2010 to about 20% in 2020; the share who identified as “other” rose from 37% to 42%, and the share identifying as two or more races jumped from 6% to 33%. These are big changes — ones that cannot be explained just by intermarriage and ones that challenge a narrative that Latinos will eventually assimilate into whiteness.....

Yet another part of the census story may be explained by the numbers of Latino millennials who are developing an identity as “people of color” often in alliance with Black, Asian American and Indigenous groups. The “BIPOC” label has been adopted and supported by young people of many ethnic and racial groups since the racial justice protests prompted by the May 2020 police murder of George Floyd.....

We should ask ourselves, is Latino identity the same today as it was when the shift in South-Central’s population first began? It turns out that the Mexican and Central American immigrants who moved to South L.A. in the late 1980s did see themselves as distinct from the homegrown Black population. Monolingualism, anti-Black prejudices brought from their countries of origin and the street violence of the 1980s and 1990s led this first generation to shut in and shut out, largely keeping their distance from African American neighbors.....

Not so their children, second-generation Latinos who grew up with Black friends, listened to hip-hop and were inspired by Black teachers, mentors and social justice advocates. Their lives were not free of Black-brown tensions — they sometimes even experienced so-called race riots at their schools — but the upshot is this: They developed a sense of self and home defined by place-based identity, one articulated as a strong affinity with Black people, Black culture and the struggle for racial equity.

Indeed, many Latinos raised in South L.A. feel distinct from friends and relatives in East L.A. whom they perceive as sometimes racist and often too nationalistic. For this generation, raised “in an aura of Blackness,” as one of our respondents said, Black-brown solidarity is the name of the political game, and this is reflected in a set of vibrant organizations — such as Community Coalition, a group founded by Rep. Karen Bass (D-Los Angeles) — that organize in South L.A. based on a sense of shared fate.

Last edited:
You mean other than the fact that they have European DNA? As I tried to explain to you in the other thread, South America was concurred by the Spanish. Spain is in Europe. The term white isn't a biological term is a thing made up by Europeans. Read a book.
So, we get the word ...."colonizers". It's very possible that most people in the two continents of the western hemisphere have some Euro DNA. Just the percentages.

Dumb are the people not able to understand what the thread is about.
Did you read the title and OP?
The premise isn’t really about skin color or content of ones character….It’s about our governments motivation.
Try again.
Please...enlighten me.

What difference does it make whether this guy is classified Hispanic or White?

The cop is still dead.

If this dude was an Albino, the cop would still be dead.

I don't give a damn what color the killer is. All I care about is he is punished for it.

Please...enlighten me.

What difference does it make whether this guy is classified Hispanic or White?

The cop is still dead.

If this dude was an Albino, the cop would still be dead.

I don't give a damn what color the killer is. All I care about is he is punished for it.
You are being very myoptic…The thread premise queries opinions on a macro scale.
Why does government mislead us and group brown people with white people….Why track data if it’s intended to be inaccurate from the start?

Racial heritage has nothing to do with crime.
Crime is usually the result of poverty and injustice, so is either deliberately caused of justified.
And we should also remember the ancient Egyptians likely were Black, and ancient Romans likely were very swarthy.
The blond and light skinned Germanic type was ignorant barbarian at one time.
Wrong

Poverty does not cause crime. It is the other way around. Heritage and culture often does drive crime as well as poverty

No it is not likely thst the ancient egyptians were black.
The ancient romans were little differnet han modern romans.

You are being very myoptic…The thread premise queries opinions on a macro scale.
Why does government mislead us and group brown people with white people….Why track data if it’s intended to be inaccurate from the start?
Because the data isn't intended to be used in the manner you are ascribing to it.

If you, me, Curried Goats and Geraldo Rivera are on a deserted island and you kill Geraldo... should Curried Goats look at me as possibly more violent due to you and I both being White?

Cuz from my perspective...that is your intention.

There are like a hundred different Hispanic division. Trying to classify "Hispanics" as being more violent is like classifying all Asians as being good at math. Just ask a citizen of Laos, Indonesia and Myanmar if the stereotype holds in their countries.

My point is...from a logical standpoint...this racial data isn't useful.

Because the data isn't intended to be used in the manner you are ascribing to it.

If you, me, Curried Goats and Geraldo Rivera are on a deserted island and you kill Geraldo... should Curried Goats look at me as possibly more violent due to you and I both being White?

Cuz from my perspective...that is your intention.

There are like a hundred different Hispanic division. Trying to classify "Hispanics" as being more violent is like classifying all Asians as being good at math. Just ask a citizen of Laos, Indonesia and Myanmar if the stereotype holds in their countries.

My point is...from a logical standpoint...this racial data isn't useful.
If the data is useless then why has it ever been compiled?
If race demos are so useless then why can someone look at race demos and be almost certain if a community/city is safe, clean and self sufficient?

If the data is useless then why has it ever been compiled?
If race demos are so useless then why can someone look at race demos and be almost certain if a community/city is safe, clean and self sufficient?
You can't.

Bolivar County Mississippi is 64% black...

Screenshot_20230923-170151-380.png

Greene County Missouri is 94% White...

Screenshot_20230923-170554-605.png

Yet Bolivar County is safer than Greene County.

Bolivar County Mississippi...

Screenshot_20230923-170301-158.png

Greene County MO...
Screenshot_20230923-170237-177.png

Explain?

You can't.

View attachment 833230

View attachment 833233

View attachment 833232

Greene County MO...
View attachment 833231

Explain?

I am guessing but Greene is big, includes Springfield? Bolivar county MS population is what?

You can't.

View attachment 833230

View attachment 833233

View attachment 833232

Greene County MO...
View attachment 833231

Explain?
Without digging down into context it looks like you may have found that needle in the haystack you busted your ass trying to find.
Do you think Bolivar is an accurate reflection of the rest of America…or the rest of the world for that matter?

But should that matter?

If race is the determining factor...Greene County should be one of the safest places on Earth.

And Bolivar County should be a hell hole of nonstop crime.

small backwater towns are filled with people who escaped Big city life or long time more decent family types wanting to be left alone….perhaps.

Without digging down into context it looks like you may have found that needle in the haystack you busted your ass trying to find.
Do you think Bolivar is an accurate reflection of the rest of America…or the rest of the world for that matter?
Didn't require any search at all. I've just been to Mississippi logging towns. Lots of black rednecks not that much different than I am fixin' old pickup trucks and splittin' fire wood.

The division isn't black, white, brown or yellow...it's urban and rural.

On that leftwinger hit the nail on the head.

Easier to hide out being a doper in a bigger city. And easier supply available? Dopers create more crime overall.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back