Is there anyone else besides me who now feels uncomfortable in the company of Democrats?

Would you like to relate what happened at dinner last night?
When I ordered the spaghetti and meatballs, I inquired as to whether they were all-beef or made with pork. (I eat kosher-style out.) The waiter said he wasn’t sure, and I asked if he could find out because my religion doesn’t allow for pork.

After he left, one of the Democrats said that when I go to a mountain resort in WV next week (she was aware of my plans), I should be careful not to do what I just did and that I should absolutely not say anything that would lead people to suspect I am Jewish. When I asked why not, she said that West Virginia is full of Trump voters - and that they not only hate blacks, they hate Jews too.

Then the person sitting to her side bobbed her head in agreement. She then asked why I would want to go into “Trump country” at all and have to associate with “those people”.

My meek answer was that the resort looked very appealing online, and I just wanted a relaxing break. Both she and the original Democrat just shrugged, and the first one said, “well, it’s up to you, but I’d pick somewhere more civilized.”

The entire encounter lasted two minutes, but left me uncomfortable for the rest of the meal.

Thinking a bit more.... If this is happening at work, it's probably inappropriate. It surely would be at my work.

Another response might be along the lines of...

"Excuse me, but we are all part of the same team here. Let's be respectful of all of our colleagues."
Not work.

When I ordered the spaghetti and meatballs, I inquired as to whether they were all-beef or made with pork. (I eat kosher-style out.) The waiter said he wasn’t sure, and I asked if he could find out because my religion doesn’t allow for pork.

After he left, one of the Democrats said that when I go to a mountain resort in WV next week (she was aware of my plans), I should be careful not to do what I just did and that I should absolutely not say anything that would lead people to suspect I am Jewish. When I asked why not, she said that West Virginia is full of Trump voters - and that they not only hate blacks, they hate Jews too.

Then the person sitting to her side bobbed her head in agreement. She then asked why I would want to go into “Trump country” at all and have to associate with “those people”.

My meek answer was that the resort looked very appealing online, and I just wanted a relaxing break. Both she and the original Democrat just shrugged, and the first one said, “well, it’s up to you, but I’d pick somewhere more civilized.”

The entire encounter lasted two minutes, but left me uncomfortable for the rest of the meal.
So you missed Charlottesville and the "Jews will not replace us" march?
You missed the "Camp Auschwitz" guy at Jan 6th?
You missed MTG's Jewish Space Lasers comment?

Is there anyone else besides me who now feels uncomfortable in the company of Democrats?​

Democrats make good company
Unlike Republicans, they bathe regularly, have an education above 8th grade and are capable of engaging in polite conversation without raging about immigrants, non-christians and the poor.

don’t blame you…bigots are uncomfortable to be around

So you missed Charlottesville and the "Jews will not replace us" march?
You missed the "Camp Auschwitz" guy at Jan 6th?
You missed MTG's Jewish Space Lasers comment?
those are republicans….there were a number of jews in the trump admin for example

Is there anyone else besides me who now feels uncomfortable in the company of Democrats?​

Unlike Republicans, they bathe regularly, have an education above 8th grade and are capable of engaging in polite conversation without raging about immigrants, non-christians and the poor.
They seem to have most if not all their teeth too. Here in very red NYE County.....prominently missing teeth seems to go along with the red hats.

If you had said, I AM a 'Trump Supporter', you would have lost two 'friends'.

I do not feel uncomfortable in the presence of leftist. I feel pity for them and wonder how they can be so uninformed and manipulated by the Ene-media. I have lost friends. They dropped me. I didn't drop them.

They seem to have most if not all their teeth too. Here in very red NYE County.....prominently missing teeth seems to go along with the red hats.
Did you miss where Lisa asked that only Trump supporters respond? I find that leftists cannot follow directions or at the very least believe that directions do not apply to them. which are you?

As I read through this thread it occurred to me that democrats are in shear panic mode. While I flipped through the TV channels and different news sources every one of them are trying hard to distance themselves from the Marthas Vinyard story that they have been forced to cover AND THE BORDER with it.

Moderate democrats are running away from the far-left cliff that their party is going over. Independant's are running from democrats. Hispanics and other people of color are waking up and looking at the policies that are depriving them of jobs and earnings and asking why we are supporting this.

Trumps assistive rallies, at this point, draw 30,000 plus everywhere he goes. While Biden and democrats can't get 500 people, in one place, to show up. Bidens draw is usually around 75 to 100. It's all union or elitists who are forced to show up. The whole democrat narrative is imploding.

Even democrats are afraid to be seen with democrats..

For 6 years Trump and his followers like you have attacked and demonized everyone that did not view Trump as you all do, and now you are going to whine about getting what you gave?

The lack of self-awareness among the hyper-partisan is just shocking some days
So you seem to me implying the left never attacked the right. Was never out of line in how they treated the right or unfair in their views.

Just today is simple revenge of the left cause the right was so mean to the left.

The amount of bullshit dumped on Trump has never happened before and you seem to feel the right just up and felt like being nasty.

Am I correct in this?

Yeah you've never been to a Dead concert have you?

I think the problem with Conservatives is rampant inbreeding combined with a resistance to regular bathing and oral hygiene

Forum List

Back