Is there anyone else besides me who now feels uncomfortable in the company of Democrats?

Sounds like a win/win.
It really is a shame that we've deteriorated to this.

My Trumpster friends and I have plenty of other things to talk about. I get the feeling they enjoy having conversations in which their blood pressure doesn't go up and they don't feel they have to fight.

The beer that is often part of the conversation doesn't hurt either :laugh:

If you had said, I AM a 'Trump Supporter', you would have lost two 'friends'.
True….no loss there, but it still would have made the rest of dinner awkward for everyone else. I just wish Dems could get through a meal without having to interject their false opinions about Trump voters.

the problem with demafasict is well…they are low informed and bigots

It really is a shame that we've deteriorated to this.

My Trumpster friends and I have plenty of other things to talk about. I get the feeling they enjoy having conversations in which their blood pressure doesn't go up and they don't feel they have to fight.

The beer that is often part of the conversation doesn't hurt either :laugh:
That's why it's a good idea to steer away from political conversations among friends...and family.

True….no loss there, but it still would have made the rest of dinner awkward for everyone else. I just wish Dems could get through a meal without having to interject their false opinions about Trump voters.
"false opinions" That's a telling comment right there. Opinions are opinions. They are not "false".....sounds like you are telling people that their opinions aren't valid......no wonder they are laughing at you.............and yes they are.

So you missed Charlottesville and the "Jews will not replace us" march?
You missed the "Camp Auschwitz" guy at Jan 6th?
You missed MTG's Jewish Space Lasers comment?
When it hits the fan people suffer. The innocent suffers. All the time. There is a high percentage of Deplorables and Dregs who have done no wrong to anyone but have a political view more civil and they have been demonized for many years. You see the and hear of the attacks and it does not bother you. And in many cases, it is Progs attacking and killing Progs.

That's why it's a good idea to steer away from political conversations among friends...and family.
Seems to me a lot of it depends on how far politics have taken over a person's life. For some, it just consumes them. They twist everything they see and experience into partisan politics. Then we wonder why more and more people are losing their shit in public. That rage has to go somewhere.

"false opinions" That's a telling comment right there. Opinions are opinions. They are not "false".....sounds like you are telling people that their opinions aren't valid......no wonder they are laughing at you.............and yes they are.

I have a feeling Lisa spouts the same hate she spouts here and then blames the negative reaction on her support of Trump

I dont know any dems so I rarely find myself anywhere near them.
You’re lucky. I live just outside a major city that voted 93% Biden. You can’t walk out the front door without bumping into one of them.

You’re lucky. I live just outside a major city that voted 93% Biden. You can’t walk out the front door without bumping into one of them.
wow that’s tragic…it must be difficult surround by si much hate and bigotry

wow that’s tragic…it must be difficult surround by si much hate and bigotry
Thanks. It’s difficult. Neighbors on both side spew their venom about Trump voters a lot, too.

I have family responsibilities that keep me here, but eventually I’ll relocate.

I am curious as to how you all handle this,

I make THEM uncomfortable! I let them rant about Trump and when they finally stop to catch their breath I say "isn't he wonderful...God bless president Trump"!

If they want to argue I'll ask them how many poor are starving right now because of democrats? or remind them of the 300 Americans murdered every day because of democrat fentanyl.

I do the same to red-light beggars...I stare at them with a scowl on my face to let them know they have no self respect and it's disgusting!

My problem is that I’m both a nice person and sometimes (often) too sensitive for my own good. Because of the first, leftists who have been convinced Trump voters are awful people assume I did not vote for him, and because of the second, I am insulted and angry when they start their demeaning remarks about Trump voters In front of me, or even directed at me (not knowing).

And as Biden has ramped up his attack on Republicans, leading poorly informed people to believe that all Trump voters are threats to democracy, traitors to the nation, white supremacists, and so forth, the freely expressed contempt has ramped up as well. It was particularly bad at a dinner I attended last night.

How do my fellow Trump supporters handle this? If you are in a group meeting, and they start with the nasty remarks, are you continuing to hit back, attempt to educate them, or what? This has been going on for five years, and I hate that any get-together with Democrats becomes a battle as they never fail to bring up Trump voters, and not in a nice way.

I am curious as to how you all handle this, especially since it’s gotten much worse since Biden made it clear he considers Trump voters the enemies of the country.
I don't feel the least bit uncomfortable around normal Democrats. I work with a few, I have good friends who are, relatives etc. etc.
Normal Democrats are just that... normal people.
Progressive, close minded intolerant leftist - whole other deal. I am not "uncomfortable" around them. I will remove myself from their hate filled presence.

My problem is that I’m both a nice person and sometimes (often) too sensitive for my own good. Because of the first, leftists who have been convinced Trump voters are awful people assume I did not vote for him, and because of the second, I am insulted and angry when they start their demeaning remarks about Trump voters In front of me, or even directed at me (not knowing).

And as Biden has ramped up his attack on Republicans, leading poorly informed people to believe that all Trump voters are threats to democracy, traitors to the nation, white supremacists, and so forth, the freely expressed contempt has ramped up as well. It was particularly bad at a dinner I attended last night.

How do my fellow Trump supporters handle this? If you are in a group meeting, and they start with the nasty remarks, are you continuing to hit back, attempt to educate them, or what? This has been going on for five years, and I hate that any get-together with Democrats becomes a battle as they never fail to bring up Trump voters, and not in a nice way.

I am curious as to how you all handle this, especially since it’s gotten much worse since Biden made it clear he considers Trump voters the enemies of the country.
Any Democrat is either totally ignorant or a suspect child abuser..

Democrats literally have sex apps to talk to children about sex. They are being sued for it in AZ by Americans.

Forum List

Back