Is There Any Way To Help Suicidal People?

I know it isn't my fault, but I still feel so helpless
been there done that, and yeah it s*cks

all i can say is any pictures in your head, and conversations you can 'hear' ,any 'logic' you may be rehashing will all be a tad easier to revisit in time

and lest i forget my manners

condolences

~S~

been there done that, and yeah it s*cks

all i can say is any pictures in your head, and conversations you can 'hear' ,any 'logic' you may be rehashing will all be a tad easier to revisit in time

and lest i forget my manners

condolences

~S~

Thank you so much and you mean you lost loved ones to suicide as well?

I recently found messages on one of their social media pages and now I'm not sure if they were dating a woman or a man,.. they were gay apparently and a lot of people had trouble accepting that. I don't agree with homosexuality or bisexuality myself,.. but it's truly sad that they felt like ending their lives was the only answer. :(

I was out today and I just got a message from somebody saying that they were going to kill themselves tonight and I didn't get back in time. This makes the second person that I couldn't save from ending their lives as I lost somebody else close to me a few years ago. I know it isn't my fault, but I still feel so helpless. :(
You can't.

People who say they are going to kill themselves---either have a good reason and want to go or 2) are manipulative personalities--that you need to stay far far far away from.

People with health issues should be able to go when they chose to without others interfering---

The manipulative personalities---are a basket of people that you should avoid. They are emotional manipulators who want to control and make you miserable. This group also includes those obsessed with life and death--and as such make up the killers and serial murders who often fail to kill themselves early on (some from other people wanting to stop them) and go on to kill others to get their kicks. This group also includes the druggies (alcoholics especially) and the unstable----we need less not more crazies in the world.

I was out today and I just got a message from somebody saying that they were going to kill themselves tonight and I didn't get back in time. This makes the second person that I couldn't save from ending their lives as I lost somebody else close to me a few years ago. I know it isn't my fault, but I still feel so helpless. :(

I once helped a family member by getting them on Farmville, way back when, when it was on Facebook.

Sometimes it's hard, people will do it anyway, but often just being there for a person, listening to them, not judging them is the way forwards. Obviously with the situation you just presented there was nothing you could have done about it, and that isn't going to make you feel any better.

Alan Stallion

then I bought a dog last winter for a companion.
complete and utter disaster
. Damn thing starts barking at the front door so I assumed it wanted a walk outside .

Turns out it wanted me out of the house . Try living in a car for 2 months

I am attending the RD Vegas convention and working on the act

my wife is so fat …

It's a miracle,.. he's alive!!! :D (I just really hope that it stays that way.)

Thank you so much and you mean you lost loved ones to suicide as well?
retired emt FJB, 3 decades in, saw a lotta folks leave , saw a lot of their family watch as i could do nothing for them.

Some left a rather messy last image their kin had to live with

~S~

Give them love, PUBLICLY. Make them feel wanted EVERYWHERE not just privately.
Talk to them about their life and don't inject your own hardships thereby minimizing their current feelings.
Most importantly is to LISTEN WITHOUT REBUTTALS.
Forgive me if this is a dumb question but is there anything more that can be done or said? The reason why I am asking is because of a new girl at my job. She told me herself about certain things that she has already experienced in her life so far and because of how awful those things are, I can't help but wonder about her. You hear in the news about people being placed on "suicide watch". If a suicide watch can be done outside of a hospital or jail, what is done or said to the person in question exactly?

God bless you and my co-worker and her family always!!!

Holly

Forgive me if this is a dumb question but is there anything more that can be done or said? The reason why I am asking is because of a new girl at my job. She told me herself about certain things that she has already experienced in her life so far and because of how awful those things are, I can't help but wonder about her. You hear in the news about people being placed on "suicide watch". If a suicide watch can be done outside of a hospital or jail, what is done or said to the person in question exactly?

God bless you and my co-worker and her family always!!!

Holly
Just be her friend. If you are really concerned exchange phone numbers.

We aren't responsible for the lives of others. Our Empathy may cause us pain but that doesn't mean we did anything wrong

Try not to fault yourself. There isn't always something you can do. Sometimes the specific motivators that would keep a person around are opportunities and people that really don't have anything to do with you, people having regrets about doing or not doing certain things.

Forum List

Back