Is There Any Racism In The United States?

No, I do not think so. The President was in the White House with the retiring justice. Had he been about to announce something that was racist and illegal, he certainly would have pointed it out to him before they went before the cameras. Someone else on this board suggested it was unfair to the many people who have been waiting for many years for such an opportunity. Well, what about the black women who are qualified and have also been waiting - most of the justices have been white men - women, and especially black women have been waiting since the court's inception. Seems to be like he's just balancing the scales of justice for people who have been left out.

Choosing a candidate based on skin color is not racist?

racist​

rac·ist | \ ˈrā-sist also -shist \

Definition of racist

(Entry 1 of 2)
: of, relating to, or characterized by racism: such as
a: having, reflecting, or fostering the belief that race (see RACE entry 1 sense 1a) is a fundamental determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race

Wanna try again?

Choosing a candidate based on skin color is not racist?

racist​

rac·ist | \ ˈrā-sist also -shist \

Definition of racist

(Entry 1 of 2)
a: having, reflecting, or fostering the belief that race (see RACE entry 1 sense 1a) is a fundamental determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race

Wanna try again?
Nominating someone to the court is not saying that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race. He is nominating a uniquely qualified person who will bring something to the court it has never had in its' history - the experience and voice of a black woman.

Nominating someone to the court is not saying that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race. He is nominating a uniquely qualified person who will bring something to the court it has never had in its' history - the experience and voice of a black woman.

Making skin color the determining factor is not racist?

I need to have you on the record, here, as I plan to quote you.

In full disclosure, English is not my first language.....

What is yours?

What is yours?

Hmmm......silence.

Seems this Democrat is less than secure in what passes for thinking in that precinct.

Seems that he realizes that he supports racism, and he votes for it.

This is the mental abberation found thoughout the ranks of Democrat voters.

It doens't bode any better for America's future than it did when Nazi Germanyt was filled with less than astute individuals.

What is yours?
Sorry. Had to go offline for a while. You know - cooking, cleaning, washing, etc.

Here is what I think about the current topic. And I am entitled to my opinion and am not concerned with whether or not someone agrees with me. I also do not worry about whether someone will respond in anger or resort to name calling, finger pointing or generalizations.

To me the clear intent of racism, of racist remarks and racist choices is to subjugate another human being - to put them on a lower level than oneself and thereby feel superior to them in every way. One tries to put themselves higher by lowering someone else.
Historically, it has been white people who have seen themselves as superior to everyone else.

President Biden is uplifting Black women by choosing to nominate one to the Supreme Court. He is uplifting women who have been stereotyped and often left behind and left out of powerful political positions. He did it when he picked his running mate and I do not remember an uprising from his opponents when he did. Maybe there was one and I missed it since I wasn't active online then and I do not read or watch conservative media.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
Hmmm......silence.

Seems this Democrat is less than secure in what passes for thinking in that precinct.

Seems that he realizes that he supports racism, and he votes for it.

This is the mental abberation found thoughout the ranks of Democrat voters.

It doens't bode any better for America's future than it did when Nazi Germanyt was filled with less than astute individuals.
The mental aberration is you. We did not see any such thinking when trump picked nothing but whites.

Did he say to judge people by their skin color, or genitalia???????

Must I educate you each and every day????????

There are only three things important to the Democrat program, agenda.....Race, Class, and Gender.
Not liberty, not religious freedom, not prosperity, not individuality, not tranquility.
Race, Class, and Gender.

“Cultural Marxism, though it’s dismissed by critics as a “term invented by the Right”, “was an undeniable school of thought taking Marxist categories of oppressed and oppressor beyond the economic realm and applying to it other forms of oppression: gender, race, sexuality.”
Caldron Pool

“A hundred years ago, kids in classrooms were taught the color of their skin was their most important characteristic — and if they looked a certain way, they were inferior. Today, kids again are being taught that the color of their skin defines them — and if they look a certain way, they’re an oppressor.” Tim Scott Text of Sen. Tim Scott's GOP response to Biden speech

Educate yourself, because you're too ignorant to educate anyone else.

I know what King said, what he meant and why he said it. Fuck Tim Scott, because racism has never ended and he knows it.

Sorry. Had to go offline for a while. You know - cooking, cleaning, washing, etc.

Here is what I think about the current topic. And I am entitled to my opinion and am not concerned with whether or not someone agrees with me. I also do not worry about whether someone will respond in anger or resort to name calling, finger pointing or generalizations.

To me the clear intent of racism, of racist remarks and racist choices is to subjugate another human being - to put them on a lower level than oneself and thereby feel superior to them in every way. One tries to put themselves higher by lowering someone else.
Historically, it has been white people who have seen themselves as superior to everyone else.

President Biden is uplifting Black women by choosing to nominate one to the Supreme Court. He is uplifting women who have been stereotyped and often left behind and left out of powerful political positions. He did it when he picked his running mate and I do not remember an uprising from his opponents when he did. Maybe there was one and I missed it since I wasn't active online then and I do not read or watch conservative media.
First, I notice you apply an honorific (of sorts) by capitalizing “Black” and lower-casing “white.” Since blacks are no better than whites, and in the interest of equity, we need to either lower-case or capitalize both adjectives, or neither.

Second, by announcing that all people of the White race are excluded from consideration, he is being racist; by announcing he is excluding all males, he is being sexist.

Making the race and gender the qualifying determinants is unacceptable. To understand why, just reverse his announcement: what would the reaction have been if a Republican said he would consider ONLY white men? The Democrats would have been outraged, and rightfully so.

Finally, one does not eliminate racism against one group from generations ago by instituting it against a different group today. If I were a Harvard J.D. with an impressive judicial background who otherwise would be an excellent pick, I shudder to think I am out of the running solely because I am a Jew.

Definition of racist

(Entry 1 of 2)
www.merriam-webster.com

Definition of RACIST

of, relating to, or characterized by racism: such as; having, reflecting, or fostering the belief that race is a fundamental determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race… See the full definition
www.merriam-webster.com

I provided the definition, as it proves you to be a racist.

There is a mental abberation in individuals like you wherein you approve of racism with your vote but deny you are one.

Watch me prove it again:

Did you vote for Biden?

Here is his choice to run the Department of Justice division:

"Kristen Clarke, Joe Biden’s choice to lead the Justice Department’s Civil Rights Division, believes black people are superior to white people because they possess more melanin.

Fox News host Tucker Carlson obtained shocking statements Clarke made in 1994.

“Melanin endows blacks with greater mental, physical, and spiritual abilities — something which cannot be measured by Eurocentric standards.” Kristen Clarke wrote."

“Melanin Endows Blacks with Greater Mental, Physical and Spiritual Abilities” (VIDEO)
Kristen Clarke, Joe Biden’s choice to lead the Justice Department’s Civil Rights Division, believes black people are superior to white people because they possess more melanin. Fox News host Tucker Carlson obtained shocking statements Clarke made in 1994. “Melanin endows blacks with greater ment ...
thespectator.info

Is this or is this not racism????

The mental aberration is you. We did not see any such thinking when trump picked nothing but whites.

Normal people.....most Americans, in fact.....don't make their choice dependent on a particular skin color.

You should have been taught that.

Educate yourself, because you're too ignorant to educate anyone else.

I know what King said, what he meant and why he said it. Fuck Tim Scott, because racism has never ended and he knows it.

No vulgarity.

Using same indicates a low level of intellect.

As I've proven many times, the only racism in America is by the Democrats.

"DERSH: Biden’s EXCLUSION of potential SCOTUS nominees by race or gender UNCONSTITUTIONAL

Alan Dershowitz went on with Maria Bartiromo on Sunday Morning Futures today to talk about the upcoming retirement of Justice Stephen Breyer, and Joe Biden’s illiberal promise to exclude thousands of qualified potential replacements specifically and only on account of their race or gender or both.

It’s a litmus test that clearly isn’t keeping with the Constitution and is probably (definitely) legally unconstitutional. Disallowed. You know, un-American."

And, as shown a few posts back, there is a Mass Psychosis among Democrat voters who accept racism while claiming to abhor same.

I personally, do not have, reflect, or foster the belief that race is a fundamental determinant of human traits. I do not, personally believe that capacities and racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race. As a matter of fact, I am convinced that there is only one race - the human race and we were all created equal. I watched a documentary titled "Race, The Power of an Illusion." It made very clear that the idea of race was dreamed up by people who decided they were superior to everyone else and needed to somehow "prove" that superiority. Bogus science and outright lies created divisions among people for the purpose of controlling them. I have also had email discussions with Jane Elliott, the diversity educator. She reiterated that while there are a variety of skin colors, there is only one race - the human race. Call me what you like, but I also don't believe in labelling people for the purpose of proving your perceived rightness.

I can not speak for Ms. Clarke. She is entitled to her beliefs and has chosen, I guess, to use the very weapon that has been used against Black people for many years to counterbalance things. I'm sure she does not care whether or not I think she is racist. I'm not sure why it should matter so much to you.

I have said before that who I vote for is a private matter, but of course, you will take that anywhere you want to go with it.

First, I notice you apply an honorific (of sorts) by capitalizing “Black” and lower-casing “white.” Since blacks are no better than whites, and in the interest of equity, we need to either lower-case or capitalize both adjectives, or neither.

Second, by announcing that all people of the White race are excluded from consideration, he is being racist; by announcing he is excluding all males, he is being sexist.

Making the race and gender the qualifying determinants is unacceptable. To understand why, just reverse his announcement: what would the reaction have been if a Republican said he would consider ONLY white men? The Democrats would have been outraged, and rightfully so.

Finally, one does not eliminate racism against one group from generations ago by instituting it against a different group today. If I were a Harvard J.D. with an impressive judicial background who otherwise would be an excellent pick, I shudder to think I am out of the running solely because I am a Jew.
On TV today Lindsay Graham said "to the victors go the spoils. President Biden won the right to nominate anyone he wants." He also said that if J. Michelle Childs was nominated he did not believe it would be an Affirmative Action pick because she is highly qualified.

Were people this upset when Senator McConnell stopped President Obama from even nominating someone to the court or when he rushed through President Trump's pick right before an election?

Re your comments about capital letters - I will try to be more careful. Sometimes I get to typing so fast I make mistakes. Not intended to mean anything in particular.

On TV today Lindsay Graham said "to the victors go the spoils. President Biden won the right to nominate anyone he wants." He also said that if J. Michelle Childs was nominated he did not believe it would be an Affirmative Action pick because she is highly qualified.

Were people this upset when Senator McConnell stopped President Obama from even nominating someone to the court or when he rushed through President Trump's pick right before an election?

Re your comments about capital letters - I will try to be more careful. Sometimes I get to typing so fast I make mistakes. Not intended to mean anything in particular.
Re the capitals: your inadvertent use of the capital for one race but not the other is noted; however, it’s not just you. It has become official policy of liberal media, such as the NYT, to refer to Black people with a capital and white people with a lower-case. It is a subtle way (or maybe not so subtle) of giving more respect, or importance, to blacks than Whites. (See what I did there?)

As far as Biden being able to nominate whomever he wants, sure - but he cannot legally announce that all those of the white or Asian race are excluded from consideration. Such discrimination has been ruled illegal. That is why you don’t see help-wanted ads saying “job opening for a white man” or a ad for a house saying “to be sold to a white person only.”

I think this would be an interesting case for the SCOTUS to take up: was Biden’s announcement that he would not consider any whites or any blacks if they are male a violation of the equal protection granted us?

Re the capitals: your inadvertent use of the capital for one race but not the other is noted; however, it’s not just you. It has become official policy of liberal media, such as the NYT, to refer to Black people with a capital and white people with a lower-case. It is a subtle way (or maybe not so subtle) of giving more respect, or importance, to blacks than Whites. (See what I did there?)

As far as Biden being able to nominate whomever he wants, sure - but he cannot legally announce that all those of the white or Asian race are excluded from consideration. Such discrimination has been ruled illegal. That is why you don’t see help-wanted ads saying “job opening for a white man” or a ad for a house saying “to be sold to a white person only.”

I think this would be an interesting case for the SCOTUS to take up: was Biden’s announcement that he would not consider any whites or any blacks if they are male a violation of the equal protection granted us?
But he's not hiring anyone or selling anyone a house. He has the choice of making a nomination, but he does not do the confirmation.
Again, I think that if he were opening doing something illegal, the retiring justice who was standing behind him would not have allowed it. I'm sure President Biden checked with his advisors and legal counsel before doing this.

But he's not hiring anyone or selling anyone a house. He has the choice of making a nomination, but he does not do the confirmation.
Again, I think that if he were opening doing something illegal, the retiring justice who was standing behind him would not have allowed it. I'm sure President Biden checked with his advisors and legal counsel before doing this.
So he‘s not making the ultimate “hiring” decision, but he IS sending the “hiring committee” a nominee after having excluded all blacks! Ooops...I meant excluded all whites.

Let’s say I’m the VP of Human Resources, and a manager in the Marketing Department resigns. I put out an announcement saying that no whites or Asians will be considered, and from there, I review the resumes of the blacks who apply, and then submit the best one from among that limited group for the Marketing Department director to approve or reject. if rejected, I send her another black, and I keep sending blacks with the clear message that a black woman, and only a black woman, will get this job.

Pure racism. It’s incredible how Democrats decry the wrong in racism, and the are fine with it as long as it’s against whites.

As far as Biden consulting his advisors, you give him waaaaay too much credit. He ignored his advisors as to how to withdraw from Afghanistan, and look at the mess there.

So he‘s not making the ultimate “hiring” decision, but he IS sending the “hiring committee” a nominee after having excluded all blacks! Ooops...I meant excluded all whites.

Let’s say I’m the VP of Human Resources, and a manager in the Marketing Department resigns. I put out an announcement saying that no whites or Asians will be considered, and from there, I review the resumes of the blacks who apply, and then submit the best one from among that limited group for the Marketing Department director to approve or reject. if rejected, I send her another black, and I keep sending blacks with the clear message that a black woman, and only a black woman, will get this job.

Pure racism. It’s incredible how Democrats decry the wrong in racism, and the are fine with it as long as it’s against whites.

As far as Biden consulting his advisors, you give him waaaaay too much credit. He ignored his advisors as to how to withdraw from Afghanistan, and look at the mess there.
I think that President Biden must have sought legal advise from his attorneys, who surely would have informed him if what he was about to do was illegal.

While I understand your example, I think that in the context of the history of the United States and the racially unbalanced and unrepresentative Supreme Court, (out of 114, all but 6 have been white men),nominating someone who will make the court "look more like the United States" is not a bad thing.

I also do not believe there is outright racism against whites. I, in fact, am white and have NEVER felt racism against me at any level. From the 3/5 clause in the constitution, to legal lynching, to Jim Crow Laws, to unfair housing practices, unequal education, unequal access to healthcare, desertion of inner cities in favor of suburbs, sentencing disparity in crack and cocaine laws, immediate arrest of blacks versus whites going home to await trial, etc. I think the system has been favoring whites for many years and somewhere along the line, the playing field needs to be leveled.

Forum List

Back