Is the use of Deadly Force to protect property the solution to riots?

I watched the Laura show tonight. She was discussing the continuing riots and attacks on businesses in Minneapolis this weekend that no other MSM outlet covered. Interviewing business owners, they told their story how they ran to their business only to helplessly watch it be looted, destroyed, and in some cases, burnt to the ground.

Some had businesses handed down for generations. Others were foreigners who came here to realize the American dream. Their city and state leaders allowed their dreams to go up in smoke.

Lowlifes who do these things have no fear, because there is no real deterrent to stopping them. We've seen these so-called leaders tell their police to stand down; to not enforce laws; to not protect these businesses; to allow them "room" to vent.

IMO, a real deterrent works every time it's tried. What if we had a federal law that allowed property owners to use deadly force to protect their property with no ability for city or local governments to prosecute?

A group of thugs start busting into a business. The business owner and family or other employees open fire killing dozens or hundreds of lowlifes. Other businesses do the same. Who in their right mind (after witnessing this) would think of trying to break into, or destroying another business down the street weary if they are armed and willing to kill to protect their investment?

True, hundreds of funerals, but also hundreds of businesses saved, millions of dollars not lost, and thousands of jobs saved in just one city. We need a national law of using deadly force to protect our property.
What the hell are the cops doing? I believe police unions are rightist fools fighting with Democratic mayors at this point....

You'd have to look at the numbers for all interactions with police.
Divide those interactions into white, black, etc.
Then look at those where the civilian resisted arrested, fled the scene, attacked the officer with a weapon, without a weapon etc.

Then you'd see that black criminals are actually shot at a lower rate than whites.

But that doesn't fit your preconceived notion. So I see why you's avoid that.

As well I should. The cops don't treat white criminals the same way... They are less likely to arrest white people if they find drugs in personal use amounts, less likely to go into a white neighborhood guns drawn, etc.

It doesn't matter that there are "interactions"... it matters that it happens AT ALL.

If they commit 50% of the violent crimes, they should probably be more than 25% of those shot.

Actually, no, it just shows that cops are racist and more likely to use deadly force against them. Most violent crimes don't require the use of Deadly force to either stop or make an arrest for.

What a laughable assertion. You really are a retard.

Then look at those where the civilian resisted arrested, fled the scene, attacked the officer with a weapon, without a weapon etc.

Then you'd see that black criminals are actually shot at a lower rate than whites.

As well I should. The cops don't treat white criminals the same way... They are less likely to arrest white people if they find drugs in personal use amounts, less likely to go into a white neighborhood guns drawn, etc.

It doesn't matter that there are "interactions"... it matters that it happens AT ALL.

That too is wrong. What is different is the white perps tend to be more civil. If you are civil to a cop, you don't get arrested. If you are a criminal, acting like an asshole, you are GOING to be arrested. No matter what race you are. Your imaginary stats are nothing more than Burn Murder loot propaganda.

Maybe because in white neighborhoods, nobody shoots at the cops.

Nowhere have I ever said an innocent person of ANY race deserved being harmed. Unlike you, who has. I have said that if you try and shoot a cop, or a civilian, then you deserve everything you get. If you get killed in the act of committing YOUR crime, then oh well, you played a stupid game and won the stupid prize that comes with it.

Okay, I'm going to try to talk to you rationally. I know it's a stretch.

Tamir Rice was playing with a toy.
Laquan McDonald was looking for somewhere to keep warm
Sandra Bland was guilty of a traffic violation
Jean Botham was sitting in his house watching TV.
Breaona Taylor was in her bedroom
Eric Garner was selling single cigarettes
George Floyd inadvertently passed a fake $20.00 bill.

Most of these people weren't committing a crime and the ones where were werent' committing terribly serious ones.

Now, I find it kind of funny, you being one of the biggest gun nuts on this board, who really thinks we all need guns to protect ourselves from "The Government" and when someone actually shoots at the police, you think this is the worst thing ever. I think it's bad, too... but this is the price we are paying for high-grade gun nuttery of thinking the Militia Amendment entitles everyone to own a gun.

That too is wrong. What is different is the white perps tend to be more civil. If you are civil to a cop, you don't get arrested. If you are a criminal, acting like an asshole, you are GOING to be arrested. No matter what race you are. Your imaginary stats are nothing more than Burn Murder loot propaganda.

Exactly. When a police officer calls in a name or SS number, the dispatcher alerts the officer to the past criminal record of a subject. Anybody who watched the show COPS knows that. They know if they are dealing with a habitual offender or perhaps somebody that made a stupid mistake in their life.

The stats are the stats, buddy...

Do you know what's changed? Now we have reciepts. You see, before when cops brutalized people of color, it was their word against the people they were brutalizing.

Now- we all have cameras. We can all see what happened in these incidents... and it's not pretty.

Kind of like when Rodney King got beaten.

White people were shocked. Black people were like, "I told you so."

Exactly. When a police officer calls in a name or SS number, the dispatcher alerts the officer to the past criminal record of a subject. Anybody who watched the show COPS knows that. They know if they are dealing with a habitual offender or perhaps somebody that made a stupid mistake in their life.

Why should they do that at all? You know what, most of us don't want the police to know everything we did wrong. If you made a stupid mistake 20 years ago, that SHOULDN'T BE A FACTOR in a cop overreacting because you accidently passed a fake $20.00.

This never should have been dragging on for nine weeks now... but it is.

And why is it? Because of no resistance. In your city, they are letting the criminals out faster than the cops can bring them in. No fear of a real deterrent.

The ultimate deterrent is death.

Nowhere have I ever said an innocent person of ANY race deserved being harmed. Unlike you, who has. I have said that if you try and shoot a cop, or a civilian, then you deserve everything you get. If you get killed in the act of committing YOUR crime, then oh well, you played a stupid game and won the stupid prize that comes with it.

Okay, I'm going to try to talk to you rationally. I know it's a stretch.

Laquan McDonald was looking for somewhere to keep warm
Sandra Bland was guilty of a traffic violation
Jean Botham was sitting in his house watching TV.
Breaona Taylor was in her bedroom
George Floyd inadvertently passed a fake $20.00 bill.

Most of these people weren't committing a crime and the ones where were werent' committing terribly serious ones.

Now, I find it kind of funny, you being one of the biggest gun nuts on this board, who really thinks we all need guns to protect ourselves from "The Government" and when someone actually shoots at the police, you think this is the worst thing ever. I think it's bad, too... but this is the price we are paying for high-grade gun nuttery of thinking the Militia Amendment entitles everyone to own a gun.

And show a single post i have made about ANY of these poor people that justified their killings. Link to one you lying piece of shit. I have decried their deaths like any reasonable person would.

I almost look forward to the revolution you assholes are pushing for. Sadly a lot of innocent folks will be harmed, but I hope, and if there is anything approaching karma, that you get the karmic bitchslap you so richly deserve.

Be careful what you wish for, buddy... someone might take your guns away when it's all over.

They will get the lead first, silly boy. So YOU should be careful what you wish for.

I was so angered that night that all I could fantasize about was being there with her and gunning down every rotten SOB that made that young lady cry.

But you have those kinds of fantasies all the time... It's kind of scary and you probably need to get help before you act on them.

You telling me I need help is like Biden telling Trump quid pro quo are wrong. :auiqs.jpg:

and you've not linked to anyone to show that claim. link me directly to these big corps.

Here you go, buddy...

oh in the 1st link, i searched on "disband police" and came up empty.

now go fuck yourself.

Yes there is an excuse, it's called not obeying the commands of a police officer. ...It's called physically attacking a police officer.

None of those are good reasons for thugs to go around shooting people because someone made the mistake of giving them a badge.

Sure it's a good reason, because it's our law. A police officer (or licensed armed citizen) can use deadly force if there is a threat of death or serious bodily harm.

Why should they do that at all? You know what, most of us don't want the police to know everything we did wrong. If you made a stupid mistake 20 years ago, that SHOULDN'T BE A FACTOR in a cop overreacting because you accidently passed a fake $20.00.

It's very important so the officer can determine the threat level in dealing with the subject. It's also important that an officer knows whether he's dealing with somebody that never learned their lesson, or just somebody that made a mistake.

Several years ago the cops came to get my neighbor. He's older now, but when he was younger, he was a hell raiser. When the computers got back up and running, the dispatcher told the officer that was previously at the scene that my neighbor had several warrants in various cities near ours. He told dispatch he'd go back and pick him up. Dispatch sent several officers to his house because of the way my drinking neighbor has conducted himself with the police when he was younger. They didn't take any chances, and I didn't blame them.

The stats are the stats, buddy...

Do you know what's changed? Now we have reciepts. You see, before when cops brutalized people of color, it was their word against the people they were brutalizing.

Now- we all have cameras. We can all see what happened in these incidents... and it's not pretty.

White people were shocked. Black people were like, "I told you so."

High speed chase, resisting arrest, so drugged up the taser had no effect......they should have shot him.

No, he was pulling a realistic gun on a police officer and the officer was found not guilty by a grand jury.

He was also disobeying commands by the officers. All he had to do was put his arms behind his back as instructed, and he would have lived that day. He'd probably be dead now anyway he was in such bad health.

In both cases, the suspect refused to obey the commands of the officers.

Forum List

Back