Presidential Election: FEC Commissioner Warns There’s A ‘Substantial Chance’ Winner Isn’t Called On Election Night

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
1597115699769.png

Extra care will need to be taken amid added challenge of COVID-19 to “ensure that everyone’s vote counts,” said FEC head Ellen Weintraub.

The head of the Federal Election Commission warned Monday that there’s a “substantial chance” a winner won’t be declared in the presidential race on election night because of expected challenges at polling stations and with mail-in ballots amid the COVID-19 crisis.

But FEC Commissioner Ellen Weintraub (D) urged voters to be patient while extra care is taken to tally all the votes “accurately” in order to “ensure that everyone’s vote counts.”

“We’re all going to need to take a deep breath and be patient this year because there’s a substantial chance we are not going to know on election night what the results are — possibly for the presidency, but maybe for many other races that are important to people,” Weintraub said on CNN’s “New Day.”

Weintraub said that states will have far more mail-in ballots to tally and polling stations will be more difficult to staff because of fears of spreading COVID-19.

Mail-in voting is “absolutely” reliable, said Weintraub, and said that a quarter of all votes in the 2016 presidential election were mail-in ballots (which can also be dropped off at polling stations or in drop boxes, she pointed out).

This should not be a surprise to anyone. However, it's good to hear the FEC Commissioner give the warning.

Last edited:
View attachment 373573

Extra care will need to be taken amid added challenge of COVID-19 to “ensure that everyone’s vote counts,” said FEC head Ellen Weintraub.

The head of the Federal Election Commission warned Monday that there’s a “substantial chance” a winner won’t be declared in the presidential race on election night because of expected challenges at polling stations and with mail-in ballots amid the COVID-19 crisis.

But FEC Commissioner Ellen Weintraub (D) urged voters to be patient while extra care is taken to tally all the votes “accurately” in order to “ensure that everyone’s vote counts.”

“We’re all going to need to take a deep breath and be patient this year because there’s a substantial chance we are not going to know on election night what the results are — possibly for the presidency, but maybe for many other races that are important to people,” Weintraub said on CNN’s “New Day.”

Weintraub said that states will have far more mail-in ballots to tally and polling stations will be more difficult to staff because of fears of spreading COVID-19.

Mail-in voting is “absolutely” reliable, said Weintraub, and said that a quarter of all votes in the 2016 presidential election were mail-in ballots (which can also be dropped off at polling stations or in drop boxes, she pointed out).

This should not be a surprise to anyone. However, it's good to hear the FEC Commissioner give the warning.
She is a democrat and is lowering expectations....

TimCast lost me on this one with his first sentence. I have never heard trump say there will be foreign interference in our election. He denied it to hell and back when he was elected in 2016 and even sided with the denial of the russian leader that directed it on international television from a foreign country.

View attachment 373573

Translation: The Democrats will keep looking for votes (and finding them in car trunks, ditches, etc) until they count enough to win.....

TimCast lost me on this one with his first sentence. I have never heard trump say there will be foreign interference in our election. He denied it to hell and back when he was elected in 2016 and even sided with the denial of the russian leader that directed it on international television from a foreign country.
And as we all know... If one thing is incorrect in a statement, that invalidates everything else. Nothing else can be true, if you believe that one thing is false in a 10 minute video.

And... You obviously don't follow the news very well, or only see one side of it. Enjoy your bubble, or get out of it. Up to you.

And as we all know... If one thing is incorrect in a statement, that invalidates everything else. Nothing else can be true, if you believe that one thing is false in a 10 minute video.

And... You obviously don't follow the news very well, or only see one side of it. Enjoy your bubble, or get out of it. Up to you.
My brother in law says he has heard him say it. Maybe trump just thinks Putin and the Russians do and did not interfere and sitting with Putin overseas was the best time to side with Putin against us? I didn't like it and don't like it and am not going to like it.

View attachment 373573

LOL...she's a democrat.
What else would you expect her to say. :laughing0301:

My brother in law says he has heard him say it.
Joy.

I Maybe trump just thinks Putin and the Russians do and did not interfere and sitting with Putin overseas was the best time to side with Putin against us?
I don't know. Doesn't seem to come from Russia much though. Not now at any rate.

I didn't like it and don't like it and am not going to like it.
That's fair.

Russia has enough problems with their own election.
I'm voting in person at the last minute to not give them time enough to forge more votes.
That's how I did it last time, and they did bring in caravans of minivans of people with out-of state accents to the polls here. 6-7 minivans packed with people with out-of state accents.

My brother in law says he has heard him say it. Maybe trump just thinks Putin and the Russians do and did not interfere and sitting with Putin overseas was the best time to side with Putin against us? I didn't like it and don't like it and am not going to like it.
Dude, wtf is that; Second hand hearsay? Pffffft!

I'm voting in person at the last minute to not give them time enough to forge more votes.
That's how I did it last time, and they did bring in caravans of minivans of people with out-of state accents to the polls here. 6-7 minivans packed with people with out-of state accents.

Valley girl no doubt

Valley girl no doubt
No..something north of the Mason-Dixon line..almost all young blacks.
I couldn't place it, and I'm pretty good with that after talking to tourists that come to Clearwater for decades. I can tell Canadian, Pennsylvanian, New Jersey, New York (3-5 there), Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Alabama, North Carolina, Georgia, Minnesota, Missouri, Tennessee..West Virginia..Utah..Michigan..(very subtle)
I'm very good with accents. Could not place the caravan people's accent..and it irks me to this day!
Damn sure wasn't Florida.
I can talk to people for a little bit and guess where they're from and be right most of the time.

New Topics

Forum List

Back