Is the TSA Necessary?

KevinWestern

Hello
Mar 8, 2012
Chicago, IL
Given that there have been only 4 bomb attacks on commercial airlines since 1965, worldwide, is the TSA really all that necessary? Can we do away with the naked-body scanners and still enjoy safe flying?

Also, (for the liberal posters) are you folks generally in favor of an expanded TSA, NSA, DHS, or is there a commonality between right/left in disliking these facets of our government?

Thanks,
Joe

Last edited:
You mean like the filthy Jew Dog Michael Chertoff with a vested interest in assailing innocent Americans with disgusting body scanners?

I couldn't give a damn about those companies. Anyone who does business with the TSA is an enemy of the state IMO and should be treated as such.

Probably yes, unless you want to go with identity testing and profiling.

Well, definitely not saying we do away with airport security all-together (of course not), just suggesting we move back to some of the pre-9/11 practices w/metal detectors, etc.

Again, 4 bomb attacks on planes since 1965 worldwide. I believe there's well over ten million flights per year...

None of you people have been on a plane with an actual "threat". I have, back in 88 on a Lufthansa flight. They triple checked the baggage, wanded us through, and we were fine from Frankfurt to Dallas. None of that was police state crap and that was fucking Germany. Oh the irony.

This crap we put up with here, is Stasi, cold war, Stalinist bullshit. Every member of the TSA should be at least spat on. We should be gathering lists of local TSA employees and doing legal, but creepy things to them so that they'll never live another day without looking behind their backs. They should never leave their houses without fear of losing their pathetic lives.

None of you people have been on a plane with an actual "threat". I have, back in 88 on a Lufthansa flight. They triple checked the baggage, wanded us through, and we were fine from Frankfurt to Dallas. None of that was police state crap and that was fucking Germany. Oh the irony.

This crap we put up with here, is Stasi, cold war, Stalinist bullshit. Every member of the TSA should be at least spat on. We should be gathering lists of local TSA employees and doing legal, but creepy things to them so that they'll never live another day without looking behind their backs. They should never leave their houses without fear of losing their pathetic lives.

CDZ? :cuckoo:

Of course it's not necessary. It's a joke.

Yea, but if we get rid of the TSA, what are all those companies that make scanners, etc, going to do? They rely on those tax dollars, and may not be as profitable without the money I've been forced to give them.

bingo!

politicians or their families or friends or CORPORATIONS that donated to their champaign have stock in them!

CDZ? :cuckoo:

Sorry, I don't compute CDZ. But yes, the TSA employees should be treated like 3rd class citizens.

Given that there have been only 4 bomb attacks on commercial airlines since 1965, worldwide, is the TSA really all that necessary? Can we do away with the naked-body scanners and still enjoy safe flying?

Also, (for the liberal posters) are you folks generally in favor of an expanded TSA, NSA, DHS, or is there a commonality between right/left in disliking these facets of our government?

Thanks,
Joe

Definitely not.

If we didn't have the TSA the government couldn't pretend it was doing its job, even though it is not its job to prevent the unpreventable.

Thanks,
Joe

Just because I haven't gotten an STD does that mean I should STOP using condoms???

Your logic ain't logical, Joe.

Most of them look like drug dealers. Must be ACORN members.

Last edited:

Thanks,
Joe

Just because I haven't gotten an STD does that mean I should STOP using condoms???

Your logic ain't logical, Joe.

Two things...

I'm not talking about going from condom to absolutely nothing (no protection), I'm talking about going from the wildly built up TSA security w/patdowns and nude scanners back to our previous level of airport security. I definitely would like to keep the metal detectors, ID check at gate, etc. So don't think your metaphor applies.

Also, would you be less likely to wear a condom if your chance of catching an STD/getting someone pregnant was approximately 1 in 90,000,000 without one (because that's roughly the odds of getting blown up by an attacker on a plane)? Again, your metaphor doesn't work here. We wear condoms because our risk of catching an STD or getting a girl pregnant is incredibly high without one.

Last edited:

Thanks,
Joe

Bad timing. You watching the LA Airport situation?

The TSA has not stopped one single attempt on the airlines. The TSA passed through every person that actually posed a danger. They were stopped either by passengers or the flight crew.

The TSA has made a point of harassing the vulnerable or people they just don't like. Old people, infants, and humiliating those they can get away with humiliating. Anyone who really looks like they might be up to no good doesn't look vulnerable and might just respond to humiliation with complaints or a lawsuit.

The TSA has been absolutely useless.

Forum List

Back