Zone1 Is the Shroud of Turin really an image of Jesus Christ?

notmyfault2020

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2022
0_21_Shroud_turin_face.jpg

I say it is, but I have not kept up with the latest science on the matter.

The image certainly looks like I myself imagine Jesus looks like (subjective, I know)

Last edited:
You haven't kept up at all.
Are you asking because you think someone here has a better understanding than the scores of scientists who have issued their findings and virtually validated it?

No idea. It's not something that matters all that much one way or the other to me.

0_21_Shroud_turin_face.jpg

The image certainly looks like I myself imagine Jesus looks like (subjective, I know)

Some old burial cloth found in France. Even the Pope said it wasn't authentic.

• Banned

This is the 2nd site I've found today that says the Shroud is from the FIRST century

from this site:

MAGIS CENTER MAY 27, 2019 5 MIN READ

HOW DID THE SHROUD OF TURIN GET ITS IMAGE? (HINT: THINK RADIATION.)​

PREVIOUS

NEXT

The image on the Shroud of Turin continues to perplex the world. With no other artifact like it, there is no definitive explanation of how this anatomically perfect image came into existence.
There are five puzzling enigmas regarding the image on the Shroud (please note this list of enigmas is not exhaustive, but provides a sample):
  1. The image is only on the uppermost surface of the fibrils, thus it could not have been formed by chemicals.
  2. The image shows the whole body, however not all areas of the cloth came into contact with the whole body.
  3. The image was not produced by vapors from chemicals or vapors from the corpse itself.
  4. There is a double image on both the front of the cloth and on the back, but no image in the middle of the cloth, implying that the cloth collapsed into a mechanically transparent body.
  5. You can see inside the body, like an x-ray.
The 1978 Sturp investigation, and the later research of John Jackson and Paolo DiLazzaro, provide a plausible explanation for the first three enigmas, but the last two still have no physical explanation.

Thus, most conclude that these two effects belong to the realm of miracles. [emphasis added by poster NMF2020]

Last edited:
  • Banned
Everyone should have a copy of this image.

As they say, a pictures paints a thousand words

and of course God knew that long before any human said it. As stated at one of the sites, 2 facts about the image cannot be explained by science, only by the word Miracle.

:)

Sorry bout that,

1. Its the Lord Jesus.
2. When he returns you will then see.
3. Jesus Saves.
4. And on his return, he shall do the same.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

• Banned
What is probably the most compelling, at least to me, pc of evidence is the fact that the man in the Shroud.. I mean "the Man" has a crown of thorns on his head.

I am not aware of any other criminal who died by crucifixion being given a crown of thorns, something obviously mentioned in the Bible accounts of Calvary. It was put on Christ's head to mock Him for that "king of the Jews" thing...

What is probably the most compelling, at least to me, pc of evidence is the fact that the man in the Shroud.. I mean "the Man" has a crown of thorns on his head.

I am not aware of any other criminal who died by crucifixion being given a crown of thorns, something obviously mentioned in the Bible accounts of Calvary. It was put on Christ's head to mock Him for that "king of the Jews" thing...

gee---seems to me that when Jesus was prepped and wrapped for
interment-----that "crown" would have been removed ???? Pontius
Pilate crucified THOUSANDS of Pharisee jews

gee---seems to me that when Jesus was prepped and wrapped for
interment-----that "crown" would have been removed ???? Pontius
Pilate crucified THOUSANDS of Pharisee jews
yes, and all of them claimed to be God, didn't they?

Please

Did all of them say "If you have seen Me you have seen the Father"?

(and now we can truly SEE Him... and the Father)

yes, and all of them claimed to be God, didn't they?

Please

Did all of them say "If you have seen Me you have seen the Father"?

(and now we can truly SEE Him... and the Father)

You got that in writing from the author thereof? The man WAS LITERATE

Sorry bout that,

1. The King who never set on an earthly thrown.
2. Sitting now on the right hand of God.
3. Awaits for the Kingdom to come.
4. The Eternal Kingdom.
5. Where Christ, will be the only portion of God you will ever see.
6. You couldn't handle seeing the Father.
7. He, and the Father, are one.
7. So he will let his son, serve as King, of his Kingdom.
8. You are such a miserable part of humanity, and could only hope to see God, but God, will have mercy, and not expose, you to certain death, by laying eyes on him.
9. Lay nothing on God, seeing him, is certain death.
10. Moses only spoke to God, from the burning bush, never laid eyes on him.

*Follow Jesus, you have one mediator between you and God, it is Jesus, the son of God.*

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

It's just another "TOOL" to drag the believers into praising this "Miracle."

There are similar images on:

Trees
Rocks
Mushrooms......LOLLOLL
Clouds

Yup, just another Tool.

Well, let's see ...

Examination in 1978 discovered the image was made of paint ... specifically diluted rod ochre and iron oxide.

The materials date from the 14th or 15th century

The weave pattern is herringbone, and not a single example of which dates from 1st Century Middle East.

So ... it's a fake.

Well, let's see ...

Examination in 1978 discovered the image was made of paint ... specifically diluted rod ochre and iron oxide.

The materials date from the 14th or 15th century

The weave pattern is herringbone, and not a single example of which dates from 1st Century Middle East.

So ... it's a fake.
not my info...

not my info...

The Wiki article for the Shroud of Turin lists 140 different references, most of which are from science journals, regarding the history, analysis, and possible methods of fabricating the "shroud". Let me know when you've read them.

Forum List

Back