Is the construct of good and evil an artifact of intelligence?

Do you believe the construct of good and evil to be an artifact of intelligence?

No. Good is what helps all and every life.

And it is logical that good helps all and every life. So as intelligence increases what was instinctual becomes more conscious. So much so that man constructs the concept of good and evil that no other animal possesses.

I disagree that no other animal can possess consciousness (a heaven sent spirit within) to know what is good and evil or be able to distinguish what is good or bad without prior (carnal) instruction.

I don’t believe they have the same degree of consciousness.

Consequences determine right and wrong and you absolutely do believe you get to inflict your views because you believe right and wrong can be anything man wants it to be and you are man.
Got an example of such consequences?

I get to judge other cultures by my values but that is different. I oppose slavery but I don't think the founding fathers or America were evil because some practiced slavery. Only that it was an unfortunate legacy and they could have done better.
Sure. Cheat on your spouse. See what happens.
You assume we're not polyamorous. We're not, but in such a relationship good behavior is different so "cheating" means something quite different.
Also not good but yes.

No, cheating is a betrayal. So see the betrayal any way you want. It’s still the same answer. Betrayal is not a good behavior. It will lead to predictable consequences. You can’t just pretend that betrayal is good. It’s not up too man to decide. It’s intrinsic to human nature.
By definition, cheating is breaking the rules. There are no such rules in a polyamorous relationship so there is no cheating possible.

What makes you the judge of what is intrinsic to others? Many cultures approved of non-monogamous relationships, e.g., early Mormons.

Do you believe the construct of good and evil to be an artifact of intelligence?

No. Good is what helps all and every life.

And it is logical that good helps all and every life. So as intelligence increases what was instinctual becomes more conscious. So much so that man constructs the concept of good and evil that no other animal possesses.

I disagree that no other animal can possess consciousness (a heaven sent spirit within) to know what is good and evil or be able to distinguish what is good or bad without prior (carnal) instruction.

I don’t believe they have the same degree of consciousness.

They have different ones but animals can be very spiritually adept. More so than some humans at times. Animals can also be used to give us warnings. I have seen where animals knew people had evil in them and even saw a little dog of a friend who would give warning when evil spirits were lurking about. When humans who have been taught to be polite and ignore the spirit in them they can miss many of these things. From the day we are born here as humans we are instructed in earthly ways which can pull us farther away from the spirit that gives us true life. Our spiritual instincts which some consider intellect or intelligence can be suppressed with earthly notions. With that plus you add all of the environmental factors in humans get all sorts of variants going on.

Consequences determine right and wrong and you absolutely do believe you get to inflict your views because you believe right and wrong can be anything man wants it to be and you are man.

I get to judge other cultures by my values but that is different. I oppose slavery but I don't think the founding fathers or America were evil because some practiced slavery. Only that it was an unfortunate legacy and they could have done better.
You assume we're not polyamorous. We're not, but in such a relationship good behavior is different so "cheating" means something quite different.
Also not good but yes.

No, cheating is a betrayal. So see the betrayal any way you want. It’s still the same answer. Betrayal is not a good behavior. It will lead to predictable consequences. You can’t just pretend that betrayal is good. It’s not up too man to decide. It’s intrinsic to human nature.
By definition, cheating is breaking the rules. There are no such rules in a polyamorous relationship so there is no cheating possible.

What makes you the judge of what is intrinsic to others? Many cultures approved of non-monogamous relationships, e.g., early Mormons.

I doubt about that multi-amarous relationships do not hurt, when love is envolved. And when no love is envolved then we are only machines. Reproduction machines or sex machines or something like this. And the non-monogamous marriages of the Mormons and Muslims and others are not compatible with the values of the western world. Who allows a man to marry many women has to allow a woman to marry many men too. But also in this case: I fear this is also often only an "one honorless master - many undignified slaves"-relation. The "normal" situation will be: Rich and lazy men will buy lots of women and use them as sex-objects and personal slaves.

Last edited:

Also not good but yes.

In this example it’s a little more than that. It’s a betrayal.

Human nature is what makes it intrinsic. You can try to convince others that killing Jews or owning blacks or cheating on a partner is the moral thing to do but that pesky human nature will have none of it. Here’s the kicker too... usually the ones telling you a wrong is a right are the ones who gain from the wrong. Funny how that is.

Forum List

Back