Is the American divisive, hateful and intolerant culture pushing psychotics over the edge?

If you think getting rid of guns will stop these whackos from mass killings you are wrong. So you can either focus on the real problem or stupidly try to twist events like this into political advantage and accomplish nothing.

To clarify, I didn't mean creating a psychopath from scratch. Yeah, I don't think there's any doubt that the internet exacerbate the existing mental illness of many people (In fairness, though, I do think it can create significant anxieties in people who wouldn't be diagnosed with existing mental illness).

Hell, as dangerous as you and I know the internet is, there is shit out there that you and I couldn't even imagine, and it's not hard to find.

So these kids are just consuming this stuff every day.
And that's the point.
A normal kid who is exposed to this garbage is probably not going to go any further than the first time solely out of curiosity. But a mentally sick person may.
As a nation we have to address this logically and with genuine concern other than using as a means to attack the other party. I think what Biden did was terrible. The first 1:40 seconds I thought he was actually going to treat this as it should.
But no.... he had to spend the remaining 6 minutes pounding on the anti-gun drum that is going to get nowhere.
There is sense in discussing the point that should an 18 year old, who society deems not mature enough to buy a beer - IS mature enough to buy a gun with ammo by simply walking in a store. That is worth honest debate. But that honest debate isn't going to happen. Politicians will be having the EXACT same sand pounding the next few weeks that they have done for the past 15 years.
I am saying - we need to truly look at what is the root cause of these psychopaths committing mass murder where it has never happen before. An 18 year old in 1970 had no less access to guns than right now - today. NONE.
It isn't the guns. And it isn't access to guns. IT IS SOMETHING ELSE.

And that's the point.
A normal kid who is exposed to this garbage is probably not going to go any further than the first time solely out of curiosity. But a mentally sick person may.
As a nation we have to address this logically and with genuine concern other than using as a means to attack the other party. I think what Biden did was terrible. The first 1:40 seconds I thought he was actually going to treat this as it should.
But no.... he had to spend the remaining 6 minutes pounding on the anti-gun drum that is going to get nowhere.
There is sense in discussing the point that should an 18 year old, who society deems not mature enough to buy a beer - IS mature enough to buy a gun with ammo by simply walking in a store. That is worth honest debate. But that honest debate isn't going to happen. Politicians will be having the EXACT same sand pounding the next few weeks that they have done for the past 15 years.
I am saying - we need to truly look at what is the root cause of these psychopaths committing mass murder where it has never happen before. An 18 year old in 1970 had no less access to guns than right now - today. NONE.
It isn't the guns. And it isn't access to guns. IT IS SOMETHING ELSE.
I've been saying all along this is a cultural issue. I actually say that about MOST of our problems.

Smart, reasonable background checks are fine. Let's do that. But look at the other things in which our young people are immersed: The internet, hyper-violent video games, violent music, violent movies, coarse entertainment, a general lowering of standards at every fucking opportunity.

I'm sick of band aids, and I'm sick of us looking for one simple thing to point at. This is an "all of the above" task. But America can no longer fix big problems, because our fucking tribal politics get in the way.

Just another example of why I'm now a one-issue voter: We have to change our political/electoral system before we can advance.

The Left requires hatred like people need oxygen to breath to survive.

Without the left preaching their Nazi Agenda and stirring up the masses with Faux Outrage they would never have any power
Hateful Christianity seems to be an oxymoron. How do you and Mashmont manage that?

I struggled where to put this thread, but in reality it begins and ends with how divisive politics is ruining our nation.

Best estimates, people with psychopathy make up about .6% of the population.
So out of every 1000 people... there are approximately 6 people who are psychotic.
The vast majority of psychotics never harm other people. In fact, historically it is less than 1 in 200.
Having said that, a person with psychosis has a much -much greater chance of becoming violent than the normative population.

Thinking guns is the reason why some teenagers are going on murderous rampages is tragically simplistic.
Our nation has not been this divided since probably the civil war. Arguably.
With the internet, kids can be bombarded with divisive, hateful speech and images. They can go to places like 4chan and see and discuss the most violent topics and find others who agree.
Is this creating monsters??
A psychopaths going to these websites, seeing the hate and anger on the news... seeing the hate and division in their schools... is this enough to increase the likelihood a psychopath committing homicide?
It's 4chans fault cmon man

No

It's not

I struggled where to put this thread, but in reality it begins and ends with how divisive politics is ruining our nation.

So out of every 1000 people... there are approximately 6 people who are psychotic.
The vast majority of psychotics never harm other people. In fact, historically it is less than 1 in 200.
Having said that, a person with psychosis has a much -much greater chance of becoming violent than the normative population.

Thinking guns is the reason why some teenagers are going on murderous rampages is tragically simplistic.
With the internet, kids can be bombarded with divisive, hateful speech and images. They can go to places like 4chan and see and discuss the most violent topics and find others who agree.
A psychopaths going to these websites, seeing the hate and anger on the news... seeing the hate and division in their schools... is this enough to increase the likelihood a psychopath committing homicide?
Yes democrats are causing people to go into fits of rage. How could this not happen when everything they say is pitting people against each other. Identity politics, victim mentality, the other guy hates you and is a racist bigot.

If you don’t think democrats love those shooting you’re crazy. They love these last few weeks.

Yes democrats are causing people to go into fits of rage. How could this not happen when everything they say is pitting people against each other. Identity politics, victim mentality, the other guy hates you and is a racist bigot.

If you don’t think democrats love those shooting you’re crazy. They love these last few weeks.
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

It is said 26% are mentally ill lol. Our mental health system suqs....We have 200 mass killings this year, Canada has none omg...

Believing crap propaganda like that and misinfo like masks don't work and conspiracies against poor cons lol....so they attack attendants and maitre d's lol....

Of course it is. You can't be this naive. Social media is a cancer in this country and needs to go away yesterday.

I'd separate politics from the creation of young homicidal psychopaths. As ugly and divisive and destructive as our politics have become, I think these are two different issues.

Seems to me there is no doubt that the internet in general, and social media specifically, are a net destructive force for our children, who lack the social maturity to effectively deal with the aggressive ugliness that is found there. And really, that's just the beginning. The darkness that can easily be found on the internet and the dark web are surely causing them grave damage and exacerbating our social problems.

Do we have to take the huge step of controlling the internet and removing its inherent anonymity? Maybe. I wish I had an answer.

Leftism and it’s moral decay of society is pushing people over the edge.
The only way to fundamentally change America is to tear it down first.
Nothing your witnessing right now is by accident.

Forum List

Back