Is Thanksgiving a racist holiday?

Senator Ted Cruz slammed MSNBC for touting an anti-Thanksgiving message.
The MSNBC segment - featuring Gyasi Ross, who is Native American - argued that white people have an inaccurate perception of Thanksgiving and blamed the Pilgrims for the racial inequalities impacting the United States now.
'Instead of bringing stuffing and biscuits, those settlers brought genocide and violence. That genocide and violence is still on the menu,'

Comment:
We can't change the past.
So, hating the present generation of the eeeeviiilll white oppressors for the things that past generations did is dumb.
Thanksgiving brings with it another opportunity for the crazy racist Democrats to spread more of their vile hate.
Ross obviously loathes white people.
Ross is promoting the mythology that all of the Native Americans were peaceful.
Ross is glossing over the many massacres that some Native Americans did to Settlers.
We should not be hating each other for things done by past generations.
Thanksgiving should be a time for healing and being thankful for our families and our friends.
Thanksgiving should transcend racial antipathy.
Ross should be thankful for democracy, indoor plumbing, electricity, cars, planes, trains, air conditioning, medical advancements, paved roads, light bulbs, telephones, internet.......
Ross is right.

Just forget about the atrocities the Natives committed against one another.
While you are talking about that, how about you remember the atrocities white tribes were committing in Europe on each other? That's what you descend from. That's what bought your ancestors here.

While you are talking about that, how about you remember the atrocities white tribes were committing in Europe on each other? That's what you descend from. That's what bought your ancestors here.
Everybody on earth has been killing each other forever. Just the way it is. So MSNBC is so dedicated that they want to fuck up Turkey day too.

Oh well. No one listens to them anyways.

is-turkey-bad-for-you-feature-image-1574707719878.jpg

Yes. Yes. Hypocrites is a good word. You cannot have a serious discussion because you have both idealized and infantileized the Native Americans. They were fierce and bloodthirsty killers. They did not dance around in a circle sprinkling flower petals
The settlers seldom inflicted atrocities. That was the army. The settlers just got slaughtered by the natives. An isolated family was always going to be easy targets for a war party.
Holy shit! I have done no such thing! I have a realisticc understanding of the issues on both sides. You on the other had have blinders on and can do nothing more than spew the party line. As I suspected there is no hope of engaging you in any serious and unbiased and rational discussion with you You are a mess!

• Love
Reactions: IM2
Holy shit! I have done no such thing! I have a realisticc understanding of the issues on both sides. You on the other had have blinders on and can do nothing more than spew the party line. As I suspected there is no hope of engaging you in any serious and unbiased and rational discussion with you You are a mess!
Damn dude. Pass the potatoes over here. Why you all gotta be so dang negative

Everybody on earth has been killing each other forever. Just the way it is. So MSNBC is so dedicated that they want to fuck up Turkey day too.

Oh well. No one listens to them anyways.
Here comes more excuses. A native American has the right to speak the truth about the history of his people.

You heard him or this thread would not exist.

Dementia.

Perhaps you should start a thread on that. This is pretty much about Thanksgiving and natives.

As Seneca Iroquios, my ancestors met the boat. As I often say my ancestors certainly had slaves. Then they ate them. To MY ancestors you would have been an appetizer. I also have ancestors proud to be Confederates. They had slaves too, but didn't eat them. On balance, slaves had a better chance with whites than the natives.

Senator Ted Cruz slammed MSNBC for touting an anti-Thanksgiving message.
The MSNBC segment - featuring Gyasi Ross, who is Native American - argued that white people have an inaccurate perception of Thanksgiving and blamed the Pilgrims for the racial inequalities impacting the United States now.
'Instead of bringing stuffing and biscuits, those settlers brought genocide and violence. That genocide and violence is still on the menu,'

Comment:
We can't change the past.
So, hating the present generation of the eeeeviiilll white oppressors for the things that past generations did is dumb.
Thanksgiving brings with it another opportunity for the crazy racist Democrats to spread more of their vile hate.
Ross obviously loathes white people.
Ross is promoting the mythology that all of the Native Americans were peaceful.
Ross is glossing over the many massacres that some Native Americans did to Settlers.
We should not be hating each other for things done by past generations.
Thanksgiving should be a time for healing and being thankful for our families and our friends.
Thanksgiving should transcend racial antipathy.
Ross should be thankful for democracy, indoor plumbing, electricity, cars, planes, trains, air conditioning, medical advancements, paved roads, light bulbs, telephones, internet.......
Of course its racist. Pretty much every holiday derived by europeans is based on a racist lie.

• Love
Reactions: IM2
Perhaps you should start a thread on that. This is pretty much about Thanksgiving and natives.

As Seneca Iroquios, my ancestors met the boat. As I often say my ancestors certainly had slaves. Then they ate them. To MY ancestors you would have been an appetizer. I also have ancestors proud to be Confederates. They had slaves too, but didn't eat them. On balance, slaves had a better chance with whites than the natives.
Your ancestors were on the boat. Maybe one of them fucked a Seneca. Funny how you talk crazy when my grandmother was half cherokee whose family lived with them as they were protected from slave hunters.

Forum List

Back