William Kelly, Cop Fired for Rittenhouse Support, Receives $200k in Donations After Verdict

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
Good to see!

A fund set up for a fired police officer who supported Kyle Rittenhouse has received well over its goal of $100,000.

The Give Send Go donation page for Lieutenant William Kelly was set up on November 20 by political commentator Candace Owens and has so far raised over $230,000 at time of writing.

Kelly was terminated from his job by the Norfolk Police Department in April 2020.

This occurred after a data breach showed he anonymously donated $25 to Rittenhouse's defense fund.

Candace Owens took to Twitter to voice her frustration last week about Bill Kelly being fired last week and announced the donation page.

Why not? He was fired for doing nothing wrong.

Happens all the time, not my job to pay them.

About a decade ago I was fired for no reason and I did not beg for money or expect people to pity me and send me money.

People with money don't necessarily have morals. it's okay to walk the streets with a big gun and murder people now, and some segment of the population loves it.

Happens all the time, not my job to pay them.

About a decade ago I was fired for no reason and I did not beg for money or expect people to pity me and send me money.
If Gofundme existed back then and you knew you could get $200k, you wouldnt do it?

If Gofundme existed back then and you knew you could get $200k, you wouldnt do it?

That is a hard one. I would like to think I have more pride than to beg for money from strangers, but since I have never had to, who can say for sure

Buuullllshiiiit.

No, not at all. I have always done whatever it took to provide for my family, even if that meant working a shit job to put food on the table.

Not everyone is a freeloader like you seem to be

So, it's all about fleecing the sheep and getting the $$$
The American way. I did not donate and had not even followed or maybe even heard the story until reading two threads here this morning. I have no problem with him being crowd-sourced to $200 grand. He wants and should get his job back. At the same time, I think people (especially people that work for the public) should avoid using their work emails and titles for private support and activism, as they may become an embarrassment to their organization.

Forum List

Back