Is Roe v. Wade "widely accepted by legal scholars as settled law"...What is "widely accepted"?

On that I agree 100%. But I still think the baby should have a say in whether it gets killed or not
Then just ask the fetus. If it doesnt respond in 10 minutes, it loses its choice.

Well, if that is the way to go let's apply that rule to new borns and 1 year olds. You down with that?
So you want to murder human babies? WTF is wrong with you?

I am not the one that supports abortion, that would be you.
I dont support the state forcing people to go against their will when it doesnt infringe on another human being, actually.

But it does infringe on another human being, the human being who's life is being ended.

Here come the anti-abortion freaks.

Make no mistake.

This IS an attack on choice.

They would outlaw any and all abortions and take us back to the 1950s and back alley abortions (well not for the rich...they always "go on vacation"
Science will soon prove a baby is not a fetus.

What does that even mean?

A fetus is just one stage of human development, no different than toddler or adolescent.
There is not a difference between a fetus and a human being? o_O

No, there is not. A human fetus is one of the stages of development of a human being. If the fetus is not human, then what is it?

Then just ask the fetus. If it doesnt respond in 10 minutes, it loses its choice.

Well, if that is the way to go let's apply that rule to new borns and 1 year olds. You down with that?
So you want to murder human babies? WTF is wrong with you?

I am not the one that supports abortion, that would be you.
I dont support the state forcing people to go against their will when it doesnt infringe on another human being, actually.

But it does infringe on another human being, the human being who's life is being ended.
I dont consider a completely dependent fetus a human being.

Make no mistake.

They would outlaw any and all abortions and take us back to the 1950s and back alley abortions (well not for the rich...they always "go on vacation"

A fetus is just one stage of human development, no different than toddler or adolescent.

No, there is not. A human fetus is one of the stages of development of a human being. If the fetus is not human, then what is it?
It is a potential human life.

The problem with RvW is that 5 people in black robes arbitrarily decided to conjure up a civil right that is not found anywhere in the Constitution, and that just isn't their job or IMHO their authority to do that. That's what we elect people to Congress to do, not the SCOTUS. They are supposed to rule on the constitutionality of laws and legislation that already exist, not create it themselves.

Which is not to say that RvW is wrong, I'm just saying that IMHO that ruling was beyond the purview of the SCOTUS. It is extremely unfortunate that for a variety of reasons the Legislative Branch has in recent decades failed to perform the duties they were elected to do. And that vacuum has been and continues to be filled by the Executive and Judicial Branches, which is not the way it is supposed to work.

Is RvW settled law? Traditionally, "settled law" refers to laws that are so well-established that it is no longer subject to reasonable dispute. In this case, I think there's plenty of dispute surrounding RvW, and a subsequent SCOTUS could in the future overturn that ruling, which doesn't sound like "settled law" to me. Would they? Don't know, if a few more conservative judges are added to replace a few of the more liberal-minded ones, I guess it could happen. Should it be overturned? Maybe this ought to be a state issue rather than a federal one.

The country is not ready or willing to absorb 750,000 more babies a year.

And so I take it you are in favor of this?

U.S. Births Dip To 30-Year Low; Fertility Rate Sinks Further Below Replacement Level
There were 3,853,472 births in the U.S. in 2017 — "down 2 percent from 2016 and the lowest number in 30 years," the CDC said.
The general fertility rate sank to a record low of 60.2 births per 1,000 women between the ages of 15 and 44 — a 3 percent drop from 2016, the CDC said in its tally of provisional data for the year.
The results put the U.S. further away from a viable replacement rate – the standard for a generation being able to replicate its numbers.
"The rate has generally been below replacement since 1971," according to the report from CDC's National Center for Health Statistics.
U.S. Births Dip To 30-Year Low; Fertility Rate Sinks Further Below Replacement Level

In terms you might be able to understand.
If there are fewer births and the population grows older, where will the money come to support the Federal/state/local governments?
Where will the employees come to work the jobs... robots? Oh of course.
Or are you traitorGator too old to care about the country, Americans,etc.?
Not any statement supported by facts but my observation.

You are just not a very smart person at all. Which is ok, the world needs ditch diggers also.

I am pro-life/anti-abortion. My statement was not one of support for abortion but one of explanation as to why the SCOTUS will not end RvW.
So YOU ARE in favor of 750,000 more babies a year?

Sorry about that Gator. I was wrong in my accusation.

Make no mistake.

That is an emotional term, not one of science. According to science it is either human or it is not human.

The country is not ready or willing to absorb 750,000 more babies a year.

And so I take it you are in favor of this?

There were 3,853,472 births in the U.S. in 2017 — "down 2 percent from 2016 and the lowest number in 30 years," the CDC said.
The general fertility rate sank to a record low of 60.2 births per 1,000 women between the ages of 15 and 44 — a 3 percent drop from 2016, the CDC said in its tally of provisional data for the year.
The results put the U.S. further away from a viable replacement rate – the standard for a generation being able to replicate its numbers.
"The rate has generally been below replacement since 1971," according to the report from CDC's National Center for Health Statistics.

In terms you might be able to understand.
If there are fewer births and the population grows older, where will the money come to support the Federal/state/local governments?
Where will the employees come to work the jobs... robots? Oh of course.
Or are you traitorGator too old to care about the country, Americans,etc.?
Not any statement supported by facts but my observation.

You are just not a very smart person at all. Which is ok, the world needs ditch diggers also.

I am pro-life/anti-abortion. My statement was not one of support for abortion but one of explanation as to why the SCOTUS will not end RvW.
So YOU ARE in favor of 750,000 more babies a year?

Sorry about that Gator. I was wrong in my accusation.

Actually I would prefer that people that did not want babies to not get pregnant. That seems the best solution.

That is an emotional term, not one of science. According to science it is either human or it is not human.
Potential human and life are words not recognized by science?

Can’t we all just agree that there are crazies on both sides of the aisle?

Kavanaugh advised against calling Roe v. Wade ‘settled law’ while a White House lawyer
it is widely accepted by legal scholars across the board that Roe v. Wade and its progeny are the settled law of the land,”
Kavanaugh advised against calling Roe v. Wade ‘settled law’ while a White House lawyer

This is one of arguments defending Roe v. Wade that all legal scholars accept it and it can't be changed.

BUT

Most people in favor of Roe v. Wade are NOT aware of these statistics:

Of the 36,649,884 DEATHS since Roe v. Wade:
  • 36.6% were performed on women with one or two prior abortions, and
  • 8.1% were performed on women with three or more prior abortions (CDC).
44.7% or nearly half by women are either stupid, definitely don't use birth control continue to act as pre-meditated murders at that point.

U.S. Abortion Statistics

Think about it.
Most Americans like me do believe an abortion is right in the case of:
1) Rape
2) Incest
3) Mother's health.

BUT in the above statistics nearly half or almost 18 million lives snuffed out because the woman was either:
  1. too uninformed to know about contraceptives
  2. Too lazy to do anything about protection.
  3. And all evidently WILLING partners to a few moments satisfaction that costs lives.

Why is it OK that these 44.7% women can get their sexual satisfaction at the price of a life?

What is the difference between
  • the Romans watching people being eaten by lions for satisfaction?
  • the Nazis killing people for information?
and women that are getting a few moments of satisfaction at the price of a life?

The problem is that you are not going to change minds by creating new laws. You create resentment and ultimately pro-abortion politicians. People are not prepared to overturn Roe vs Wade.

No, potential human is not a scientific concept.

No, potential human is not a scientific concept.
Fair enough.

If you believe abortion is murder, why is it ok in certain situations?
Seems disingenuous.

If Roe is overturned and the knuckle dragging dark ages types in certain red states start throwing young women and doctors in jail. The elections on state and national levels will be the end of far right politicians holding elected office. Nobody has even considered the protests and marches outside of those jails courthouses and state representatives offices and their being hounded 24/7/365. Anyone who thinks it will be accepted and tolerated for any time at all is deluded beyond all imagination.

If you believe abortion is murder, why is it ok in certain situations?
Seems disingenuous.

If Roe is overturned and the knuckle dragging dark ages types in certain red states start throwing young women and doctors in jail. The elections on state and national levels will be the end of far right politicians holding elected office. Nobody has even considered the protests and marches outside of those jails courthouses and state representatives offices and their being hounded 24/7/365. Anyone who thinks it will be accepted and tolerated for any time at all is deluded beyond all imagination.

You do actually make a good point, there is no way the majority of the country would go along with a quarter a million women in jail for this.

it is widely accepted by legal scholars across the board that Roe v. Wade and its progeny are the settled law of the land,”

This is one of arguments defending Roe v. Wade that all legal scholars accept it and it can't be changed.

BUT

Most people in favor of Roe v. Wade are NOT aware of these statistics:

Of the 36,649,884 DEATHS since Roe v. Wade:
  • 36.6% were performed on women with one or two prior abortions, and
  • 8.1% were performed on women with three or more prior abortions (CDC).
44.7% or nearly half by women are either stupid, definitely don't use birth control continue to act as pre-meditated murders at that point.

U.S. Abortion Statistics

Think about it.
Most Americans like me do believe an abortion is right in the case of:
1) Rape
2) Incest
3) Mother's health.

BUT in the above statistics nearly half or almost 18 million lives snuffed out because the woman was either:
  1. too uninformed to know about contraceptives
  2. Too lazy to do anything about protection.
  3. And all evidently WILLING partners to a few moments satisfaction that costs lives.

Why is it OK that these 44.7% women can get their sexual satisfaction at the price of a life?

What is the difference between
  • the Romans watching people being eaten by lions for satisfaction?
  • the Nazis killing people for information?
and women that are getting a few moments of satisfaction at the price of a life?

Your stats are bullshit. 75% of pregnancies end in a natural "death" or abortion before the woman even knows she's pregnant.

Fucking hell God is a mother fucker, hey?

While this might be a true fact, using it to justify abortion is like using the fact that we all die eventually to justify murder.

Does it matter?

You can justify abortion with plenty of well placed arguments, but those who have decided the most important thing in the world is an unborn child won't listen. So.... might as well make simplistic arguments instead, it saves time.

Make no mistake.

CHAPTER 59

"Lies in the United States.

The Big Myth.

Without question, the most effective lie the pro-abortion movement used to obtain abortion on demand in this and other countries was the allegation that thousands of women died of illegal, unsanitary abortions each year before the procedure was legalized.

However, a simple statistical analysis shows that pro-abortionists are lying about illegal abortion deaths all over the world.

The Pro-Abortionists Admit the Lie.

The legend of thousands of women dying of illegal abortions has been a devastatingly effective propaganda instrument in the past, and is now being used in the fight by pro-abortion groups to keep baby-killing legal in this country.

However, no evidence exists to support this spurious claim. For example, Dr. Bernard Nathanson, one of the founders of the National Abortion Rights Action League (NARAL), and the former owner of the largest abortion clinic in the world (the Center for Reproductive and Sexual Health, or C*R*A*S*H) states in a quote widely used by pro-lifers to highlight the dishonesty of pro-abortionists;

How many deaths were we talking about when abortion was illegal? In NARAL [the National Abortion Rights Action League], we generally emphasized the frame of the individual case, not the mass statistics, but when we spoke of the latter it was always '5,000 to 10,000 deaths a year.' I confess that I knew the figures were totally false, and I suppose the others did too if they stopped to think of it. But in the 'morality' of our revolution, it was a useful figure, widely accepted, so why go out of our way to correct it with honest statistics? The overriding concern was to get the laws eliminated, and anything within reason that had to be done was permissible.[1]

And pro-abortion propagandist Marian Faux confirms the lie in her recent book Roe v. Wade; "An image of tens of thousands of women being maimed or killed each year by illegal abortion was so persuasive a piece of propaganda that the [pro-abortion] movement could be forgiven its failure to double-check the facts."[2]"

Make no mistake.

So you are defending the right of women to have sexual gratification at the PRICE of a human life?
Wow... sex must be very important to you.

I guess the man she had that sexual gratification with didn't.

Women don't get pregnant alone.

Why are you only condemning women for their choices?

Why aren't you condemning men for their sexual gratification?

Why don't you have a problem with men who create a pregnancy then just walk away without even looking back to see what he has done?

Why don't you have a problem with men who deny their own flesh and blood?

Why don't you have a problem with men who cause pregnancies then just walk away from their own flesh and blood?

All you're doing is attacking women. Which tells me you really don't care anything about any pregnancies. If you did you would include men in your attacks. All you care about is being holier than thou and attack women.

Women don't get pregnant alone but apparently you believe so.

Forum List

Back