Is republicanism nothing but flowery speeches, negativity, and the promotion of liberal stereotypes?

I earned a BBA with a minor in Economics. One of the things that they taught me was that if the nation is $18 trillion in debt, cutting taxes is probably not a good idea....

But, of course, in the alternative universe of the Conservatives, pigs fly and corporations put the public good before profits, so anything is possible.

But of course the crazy concept of cutting spending never crossed your mind. I can see why economics was only a minor...the curriculum was a bit incomplete.

I earned a BBA with a minor in Economics. One of the things that they taught me was that if the nation is $18 trillion in debt, cutting taxes is probably not a good idea....

But, of course, in the alternative universe of the Conservatives, pigs fly and corporations put the public good before profits, so anything is possible.

Yeah, and liberal profs are never wrong on economics right? After all, they've never worked outside of their cloistered university "reality."

They know everything!

:lol:
One of the chief reasons the debt skyrocketed under both Bush and Obama is Bush's tax cuts. The other is defense spending which you tea baggers love.

Bush't tax cuts were stupid.

Hell, Americans elected the assholes that ran up the debt; American need to be taxed out the ass to pay it off.

ALL Americans.

We got an amendment to saddle us with an income tax, we need an amendment creating a head tax, payable in cash or labor, so that everyone has "skin in the game'.

No, what we need is to get rid of the corporate tax period and bring back business to the US.

Whether you think it's fair or not, business is going to do business, where it's the most economical.

You bring back the jobs, there will be plenty of people paying taxes, instead of business moving off shores or using tax attorneys to get out of paying anyway.
I am not talking about corporate taxes, there are no corporate taxes, they are included in the cost of doing business.

I am talking about PERSONAL taxes.

EVERY American(excluding the truly afflicted) should have to pay something just for the privilege of being here.

Don't like it, leave.

Lol Mitt is also a very successful business man. Lol you people crack me up.

And? He still didn't win.
Um okay. Very astute.

Also VERY ACCURATE.

You bringing up Romney is like me bringing up Dukakis. THEY BOTH DIDN'T WIN.

That's you just being desperate because, LIKE I SAID, liberals are pointing fingers everywhere else but at themselves.
You people have the hardest time with reality. Answer me this question straight up. What do republicans have to show for besides the job growth under Reagan?

Look who has a hard time with reality???????? :lol:

UM, job growth isn't something to hang your hat on????

You are hilariously clueless!

Yeah like I said you got nothing. Repubs haven't done jack shit for this country since the 80's. Before that? Lol Lincoln I guess.

Is republicanism nothing but flowery speeches, negativity, and the promotion of liberal stereotypes?

I hear you, man. All Republicans offer is that you love corporations and the wealthy and you hate blacks, women, Muslims and gays.

Oh wait, that's you...

Don't get carried away now - - ya hear?! Fact of the Matter is that with Deregulation; World Economies have become increasingly unstable! (Don't ask me to produce the Record - - I can - - U know.) The Nation as had four serious Recessions under GOP Leadership: Reagan's Black Monday, 1987; Bush I in 1991; Bush II in 2001; and the Mother of All Recessions; in 2008.

Those Recessions cost the Country untold Millions of Jobs; with the notable ones occurring with the two Recessions under Bush II. The number is somewhere around 10.5 Million; and, many of those where decent paying Breadwinner Jobs! Under Presiden Obama; about 9-10 Million Jobs have been created; albeit - - mostly low paying - - service oriented ones that pay $10 hr. or less; with few benefits. Sad Fact is; there hasn't been a Single, Net-New, Breadwinner Job since the CY 2000.

Those lost jobs as a result of the Recessions; are, not coming back! Further; GOP has blocked at least two of the President's Job Bills - - one, even for returning Veterans. Good Bills? Hell if I know. What I do know he has made an effort; and, wish I could say the same thing for the GOP! Please, don't anyone hit me with the, alleged Job Bills on Ole' Harry's Desk. WSJ, Dems, and even some Main Stream Republicans; say they don't contain many Jobs that they can see.

I think that anyone who has done the Research; has learned that Obama did not start the Fire! David Stockman, in his recent Book, "The Great Deformation: the Corruption of Capitalism in America;" says, that Three GOP Presidents are responsible for the Nation's Financial Demise; and, the Deformation of Capitalism and our Free Market System: They are Nixon, Reagan, and, Bush II. Read the Book; he makes a rather strong case. (Stockman was Reagan's White House Budget Director.)

The Nation as had four serious Recessions under GOP Leadership: Reagan's Black Monday, 1987; Bush I in 1991; Bush II in 2001; and the Mother of All Recessions; in 2008.
There was no recession in 1987. Not even a little one. Idiot.

Further; GOP has blocked at least two of the President's Job Bills

Good. If you think the path to new jobs is a Jobs Bill, you're an idiot.

David Stockman, in his recent Book

Stockman has been a whiny little bitch ever since Reagan canned his ass.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
Gee, Samuri, in the same economy in which you do not make enough money to live on, I have doubled my net worth since Obama was elected, and will never have to work again.

How's that, "Taking responsibility for yourself" thingy working for ya?

But of course the crazy concept of cutting spending never crossed your mind. I can see why economics was only a minor...the curriculum was a bit incomplete.

You seem to make a lot of assumptions, Dan. I have been advocating both here and everywhere else for the last 10 years that every dollar of spending cut should be matched by a dollar of tax cut, and vice versa. However, the Tea Party folks will have none of that.

So, what else do you know about me that is incorrect?

You seem to make a lot of assumptions, Dan. I have been advocating both here and everywhere else for the last 10 years that every dollar of spending cut should be matched by a dollar of tax cut, and vice versa. However, the Tea Party folks will have none of that.

So, what else do you know about me that is incorrect?

Forgive me, but you didn't mention that in the post I responded to. I can only make assumptions based on what you write now...not on what you have written in the past...least till I get to know you and everyone else better over time. ;)

Whatever is wrong with New York and Michigan took 40 years or more to happen. Kansas has dropped into the shit can starting the month that the Tea Party won the governor's race last election.

Oh please! Nice try. But there are blue states WAY under Kansas!

Keep making excuses.

Why can't you have the maturity to admit that cutting taxes for the wealthy does jack shit for the lower classes?

I would but we don't cut or raise taxes on wealth.

Yeah, and liberal profs are never wrong on economics right? After all, they've never worked outside of their cloistered university "reality."

They know everything!

One of the chief reasons the debt skyrocketed under both Bush and Obama is Bush's tax cuts. The other is defense spending which you tea baggers love.

Bush't tax cuts were stupid.

Hell, Americans elected the assholes that ran up the debt; American need to be taxed out the ass to pay it off.

ALL Americans.

We got an amendment to saddle us with an income tax, we need an amendment creating a head tax, payable in cash or labor, so that everyone has "skin in the game'.

No, what we need is to get rid of the corporate tax period and bring back business to the US.

Whether you think it's fair or not, business is going to do business, where it's the most economical.

You bring back the jobs, there will be plenty of people paying taxes, instead of business moving off shores or using tax attorneys to get out of paying anyway.
I am not talking about corporate taxes, there are no corporate taxes, they are included in the cost of doing business.

I am talking about PERSONAL taxes.

EVERY American(excluding the truly afflicted) should have to pay something just for the privilege of being here.

Don't like it, leave.

I agree that the idea that more than half the people in this country pay no federal taxes is wrong.

However, the idea that people should pay higher taxes, instead of just more people should pay in the first place, is where we disagree.

And? He still didn't win.
Um okay. Very astute.

Also VERY ACCURATE.

That's you just being desperate because, LIKE I SAID, liberals are pointing fingers everywhere else but at themselves.
You people have the hardest time with reality. Answer me this question straight up. What do republicans have to show for besides the job growth under Reagan?

Yeah like I said you got nothing. Repubs haven't done jack shit for this country since the 80's. Before that? Lol Lincoln I guess.

Well, that's your opinion, and it holds no value.

You are just ranting against the reality that you think voters are about to reject liberalism, again.

But I am NOT going to argue against your false perception, especially when I don't need to in the face of how the economy was under Reagan, under Bush, and how it is NOW with Obama.

You can't argue your way out of that reality, all you can do is sputter about it.

Don't get carried away now - - ya hear?! Fact of the Matter is that with Deregulation; World Economies have become increasingly unstable! (Don't ask me to produce the Record - - I can - - U know.) The Nation as had four serious Recessions under GOP Leadership: Reagan's Black Monday, 1987; Bush I in 1991; Bush II in 2001; and the Mother of All Recessions; in 2008.

Those Recessions cost the Country untold Millions of Jobs; with the notable ones occurring with the two Recessions under Bush II. The number is somewhere around 10.5 Million; and, many of those where decent paying Breadwinner Jobs! Under Presiden Obama; about 9-10 Million Jobs have been created; albeit - - mostly low paying - - service oriented ones that pay $10 hr. or less; with few benefits. Sad Fact is; there hasn't been a Single, Net-New, Breadwinner Job since the CY 2000.

Those lost jobs as a result of the Recessions; are, not coming back! Further; GOP has blocked at least two of the President's Job Bills - - one, even for returning Veterans. Good Bills? Hell if I know. What I do know he has made an effort; and, wish I could say the same thing for the GOP! Please, don't anyone hit me with the, alleged Job Bills on Ole' Harry's Desk. WSJ, Dems, and even some Main Stream Republicans; say they don't contain many Jobs that they can see.

I think that anyone who has done the Research; has learned that Obama did not start the Fire! David Stockman, in his recent Book, "The Great Deformation: the Corruption of Capitalism in America;" says, that Three GOP Presidents are responsible for the Nation's Financial Demise; and, the Deformation of Capitalism and our Free Market System: They are Nixon, Reagan, and, Bush II. Read the Book; he makes a rather strong case. (Stockman was Reagan's White House Budget Director.)

The Nation as had four serious Recessions under GOP Leadership: Reagan's Black Monday, 1987; Bush I in 1991; Bush II in 2001; and the Mother of All Recessions; in 2008.
There was no recession in 1987. Not even a little one. Idiot.

Further; GOP has blocked at least two of the President's Job Bills

Good. If you think the path to new jobs is a Jobs Bill, you're an idiot.

David Stockman, in his recent Book

Stockman has been a whiny little bitch ever since Reagan canned his ass.

Notice these were all short recessions, but since Obama took office, the lib media keeps talking about a recovery that has never transpired??

I mean we keep hearing about a "recovery" but where it is?

Six years in and no recovery.

With the Republicans you mention there were recoveries.

Not so with Obama.

Um okay. Very astute.

Also VERY ACCURATE.

Well, that's your opinion, and it holds no value.

You are just ranting against the reality that you think voters are about to reject liberalism, again.

But I am NOT going to argue against your false perception, especially when I don't need to in the face of how the economy was under Reagan, under Bush, and how it is NOW with Obama.

You can't argue your way out of that reality, all you can do is sputter about it.

Under Bush huh? When the Great Recession hit? You people are unbelievable.

Forum List

Back