Is Racism Over Yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it was a kindness then it would have happened before the civil war and before he tried to make slavery a non amendable right for each state.

He didn't have the power to do it, before the war.

NOthing about when it occurred makes it NOT a kindness. Sure, being freed sooner rather than later would be kindER, but that does not mean that being freed later is not still a kindness.
He had the power to do it at the beginning of the war. He waited 2 years.

There are many things that make it not a kindness. I already pointed out his views on Blacks which prove it wasnt a kindness.

1. He wanted to wait to he had a big victory, so that it would not look like a sign of weakness.

2. Freeing someone from slavery is still a kindness, even if you still consider them inferior. There is nothing in the definition of kindness that restricts it to acts done to people you consider an equal.

Fuck that. Slavery never should have be here. It Is not kindness to free people from a thing you should never have done.

But many of the people who helped in the effort to free slaves were not the same ones.. who enslaved them in the first place. So what about the white boys who lived in europe at the time who hopped on a ship, sailed over here to go to war, because they heard there was a war going on to free the slaves and that would be a worthy cause.
I'm sorry, you cant tell me "I" enslaved your people because I was born white. Are you guilt of a crime commited by your great grandfather? or do you get to be born into this world without guilt. We create our own guilt by our own actions.
You are guilty if your ancestors sins have never been addressed and the people or their ancestors that those sins were committed against were never compensated. Then you have to look at the fact it wasnt just slavery. White AA in the form of Jim Crow was the law of the land. Basically your ancestors granted you a 400 plus head start. Because of that head start there is a gap in wealth. You personally may not have done anything other than benefit from their sins but you dont do anything to square your racial ancestors debts. Then you keep the racism going by denying there is any racism still going.

Last edited:
1. He wanted to wait to he had a big victory, so that it would not look like a sign of weakness.

2. Freeing someone from slavery is still a kindness, even if you still consider them inferior. There is nothing in the definition of kindness that restricts it to acts done to people you consider an equal.

Fuck that. Slavery never should have be here. It Is not kindness to free people from a thing you should never have done.
Do you think it’s kind to hate white people? Do you want to enslave white people?
What does that have to do with what he said? Are you deflecting?
No not deflecting. What doesn’t that have to do with it?
You never addressed the point. Its not kindness to do something that by the constitution should have already been done. Why would you ask if he wants to enslave whites? What does one have to do with the other?
I meant that for IM2 who’s always saying F this and F that and white people suck

Do you think it’s kind to hate white people? Do you want to enslave white people?
You never addressed the point. Its not kindness to do something that by the constitution should have already been done. Why would you ask if he wants to enslave whites? What does one have to do with the other?
I meant that for IM2 who’s always saying F this and F that and white people suck
As a group they do suck. However, what does that have to with what he was saying?

Now it’s a problem slaves were freed because it wasn’t out of the kindness of his heart?

Now it’s a problem slaves were freed because it wasn’t out of the kindness of his heart?
No one said it was a problem. We said dont try to feed us some bullshit about it being out of the kindness of his heart.

You can’t go back in time and know what was in his heart.
No one said it was a problem. We said dont try to feed us some bullshit about it being out of the kindness of his heart.
You don’t know his heart.

I dont have to know his heart. I read his quotes and I know for a fact he authored the amendment that would have made slavery eternal.

I dont have to know his heart. I read his quotes and I know for a fact he authored the amendment that would have made slavery eternal.
Maybe he was lying or changed his mind. We don’t have slavery anymore so whatever

Maybe he was lying or changed his mind. We don’t have slavery anymore so whatever
He did change his mind. He understood that by freeing the enslaved he was gaining soldiers that were going to fight and the north would then win the war. It was a gamble he made to save the Union. It had dick with to do with anything such as equality or freedom for Black people.

He didn't have the power to do it, before the war.

NOthing about when it occurred makes it NOT a kindness. Sure, being freed sooner rather than later would be kindER, but that does not mean that being freed later is not still a kindness.

There are many things that make it not a kindness. I already pointed out his views on Blacks which prove it wasnt a kindness.

But many of the people who helped in the effort to free slaves were not the same ones.. who enslaved them in the first place. So what about the white boys who lived in europe at the time who hopped on a ship, sailed over here to go to war, because they heard there was a war going on to free the slaves and that would be a worthy cause.
I'm sorry, you cant tell me "I" enslaved your people because I was born white. Are you guilt of a crime commited by your great grandfather? or do you get to be born into this world without guilt. We create our own guilt by our own actions.
You are guilty if your ancestors sins have never been addressed and the people or their ancestors that those sins were committed against were never compensated. Then you have to look at the fact it wasnt just slavery. White AA in the form of Jim Crow was the law of the land. Basically your ancestors granted you a 400 plus head start. Because of that head start there is a gap in wealth. You personally may not have done anything other than benefit from their sins but you dont do anything to square your racial ancestors debts.

And how do you know I haven't done ....... anything? Maybe I did more than you think. most acts of goodness and kindness by the way happen from the everyday people.. the little people.. the ones you don't hear about. Doesn't matter what race or back ground they are from, but they probably do more because they know that may be the only way they can change their piece of the world.
If my ancestors had a 400 plus head start, then my family line must have lost it somewhere. Though I will confess, my great grandfather on my dads side was the last in a family line of Portuguese Whaling captains so there is a good chance some of them probably had a slave on board. But my grandfather decided to leave Boston young wanting nothing to do with the industry... moved to Utah where he fell in love with a Swedish girl and pretty much started a little war because they were predjudiced against Portuguese... they had to leave penniless and then later after struggling most of his life went back to school to learn to be a chiropractor at age 45 and still died poor after raising 5 kids having a very meager home in Watts California. So how did 400 years of white privilege give him that much of an advantage... there were also black chiropractors as well.

Then on my Grandmother's German side.... well, though it may be true my Great grandfather's 5 younger brothers all became farmers and landowners in the midwest around Illinois.. my Great Great grandfather himself was the loose cannon , kind of crazy and... and without going into the details, it ended up in sever hand me down generational dysfunction from my grandmother, to my mother.. and other complications.. that I have had to over come. So how has 400 years of white privilege set me standing on top of a black man?? I'm sorry, it hasn't happened. Though I know its true that all my German cousins who live back east went to college and became doctors and lawyers..... no one in my neck of the woods ever went to college until very recently. and I understand why they did. for them it was family tradition. Of course I get it though, for a black person I suppose there is no difference between white people,.. they all look the same. white is white. But doesn't everybody say that about each other?
You know its ignorance to say all blacks are the same dont you? to say all Africans are the same? yet you can look at any white and say.... yes you are guilty. You just did that with me.

You have a right to your opinion because maybe personally you have suffered. But that doesn't make you nearly as right as you think you are.

You are guilty if your ancestors sins have never been addressed and the people or their ancestors that those sins were committed against were never compensated. Then you have to look at the fact it wasnt just slavery. White AA in the form of Jim Crow was the law of the land. Basically your ancestors granted you a 400 plus head start. Because of that head start there is a gap in wealth. You personally may not have done anything other than benefit from their sins but you dont do anything to square your racial ancestors debts.

And how do you know I haven't done ....... anything? Maybe I did more than you think. most acts of goodness and kindness by the way happen from the everyday people.. the little people.. the ones you don't hear about. Doesn't matter what race or back ground they are from, but they probably do more because they know that may be the only way they can change their piece of the world.
If my ancestors had a 400 plus head start, then my family line must have lost it somewhere. Though I will confess, my great grandfather on my dads side was the last in a family line of Portuguese Whaling captains so there is a good chance some of them probably had a slave on board. But my grandfather decided to leave Boston young wanting nothing to do with the industry... moved to Utah where he fell in love with a Swedish girl and pretty much started a little war because they were predjudiced against Portuguese... they had to leave penniless and then later after struggling most of his life went back to school to learn to be a chiropractor at age 45 and still died poor after raising 5 kids having a very meager home in Watts California. So how did 400 years of white privilege give him that much of an advantage... there were also black chiropractors as well.

Then on my Grandmother's German side.... well, though it may be true my Great grandfather's 5 younger brothers all became farmers and landowners in the midwest around Illinois.. my Great Great grandfather himself was the loose cannon , kind of crazy and... and without going into the details, it ended up in sever hand me down generational dysfunction from my grandmother, to my mother.. and other complications.. that I have had to over come. So how has 400 years of white privilege set me standing on top of a black man?? I'm sorry, it hasn't happened. Though I know its true that all my German cousins who live back east went to college and became doctors and lawyers..... no one in my neck of the woods ever went to college until very recently. and I understand why they did. for them it was family tradition. Of course I get it though, for a black person I suppose there is no difference between white people,.. they all look the same. white is white. But doesn't everybody say that about each other?
You know its ignorance to say all blacks are the same dont you? to say all Africans are the same? yet you can look at any white and say.... yes you are guilty. You just did that with me.

You have a right to your opinion because maybe personally you have suffered. But that doesn't make you nearly as right as you think you are.

Its pretty obvious you havent done anything. You keep denying racism exists and you think Blacks should be grateful to whites.

Its pretty obvious you havent done anything. You keep denying racism exists and you think Blacks should be grateful to whites.

Again your wrong. and I dont want you grateful to me for anything . And where the fuck did I just say racism does not exist?

Again your wrong. and I dont want you grateful to me for anything . And where the fuck did I just say racism does not exist?
Not you specifically. Whites in general.

He did change his mind. He understood that by freeing the enslaved he was gaining soldiers that were going to fight and the north would then win the war. It was a gamble he made to save the Union. It had dick with to do with anything such as equality or freedom for Black people.
It did have something to do with freedom for black people or they wouldn’t have been freed.

It did have something to do with freedom for black people or they wouldn’t have been freed.
If they werent freed the north would have lost the war and the european countries would have helped the south. He was forced into making the move.

If they werent freed the north would have lost the war and the european countries would have helped the south. He was forced into making the move.
Idk what was in his heart but however it went down I’m glad slavery ended

Biggest mistake Lincoln made was not sending all your black asses back to where you came from.

Biggest mistake Lincoln made was not sending all your black asses back to where you came from.
If Lincoln had sent us all back you would starved to death or you would have committed suicide because you had no excuses as to why your life sucks.

Literally the opposite would have happened
History tells us you monkeys cant survive without help. Thats why we had to save you from the Dark Ages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back