Is Rachael Maddow Out of Control?

How do you see Miss Maddow's Behavior Lately?

• Nothing is wrong with it, she's just fine.

Votes: 18 62.1%
  • She does seem a little more aggressive these days.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • She is really destroying conservatives in a vendetta it seems.

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • She does appear to be bullying so others won't stand up to her agenda.

Votes: 10 34.5%

• Total voters
You should be smacked about the face for even SUGGESTING that Rachel Maddow is in any way, shape or form similar to Glenn Beck.

In fact, tell you what....

WHAPS!!!!

REALITY_SLAP_L.jpg

You should be smacked about the face for even SUGGESTING that Rachel Maddow is in any way, shape or form similar to Glenn Beck.

I didn't make the original comparison. Rolling Stone and apparently Maddow's own producers did..

Maddow's skills are different: She strives not for the expression of political anger but for its suppression, to distance herself from the partisan debate rather than engage it, to steward progressive fury into a world of certainty, of charts, graphs, statistics, a real world that matters and that the political debate can't corrupt. Maddow's producers say, unexpectedly, that the closest analog for her style as a broadcaster is Glenn Beck, whose abilities as a performer she very much admires. Though their worldviews could not be more different, Maddow and Beck both attempt to pull off a similar trick: to reflect and redirect their audience's rage at politics without succumbing to it.

Read more: Rachel Maddow's Quiet War | Politics News | Rolling Stone

I think it's a fair and accurate comparison actually.

Last edited:
I'm not familiar with the Feinstein corruption story.

Why isn't FOXNEWS covering it?

Why isn't it resonating with the American People if it's so bad?

Again, I'll share with you a little unwritten law in politics that goes...

"Don't do anything corrupted that the American People can easily understand."

Everyone understands traffic jams....EVERYONE!

Start a thread about the Feinstein situation, see if it sticks.

I've got an even better question for you. Why isn't Rachael Maddow covering it?

And...we return full circle to the OP of this thread. It is because "Everyone understands traffic jams...EVERYONE!" has just underscored my point about Maddow's attack of Christie being a political weapon. What you just said without realizing it, I'm sure, is that more viewers could be whipped into rage for politically expedient purposes [to crucify a 2016 hopeful before his bid even got off the ground, likely because he won't support the gay agenda], if the "crime" was a traffic jam instead of funnelling $360 million of taxpayer's money to Feinstein's husband via her influence on legislation that benefitted him....presuming that's what happened. But we'll never know how bad that was in Feinstein's case, will we? Not on MSNBC for sure. And that's because it's hard to shove forward the gay agenda when a main proponent of that agenda gets dethroned for political improprieties...

And again, the bigger question in all this, backing way up into outer space and looking down on our little parasite colony here, how good is this for the political situation on earth to destroy good, gritty "doer" politicians who want the system to work right all for some petty Harvey Milk campaign?

An aside: What's really weird is that Feinstein knew Milk well, worked with him and was friends with him. I think she's the one who actually discovered his body when their fellow democrat shot both Milk and I think the Mayor at the time dead. From what I understand, Feinstein then got the mayorship of San Francisco because she was the president of the supervisors. More on that here: Here's Why Gun Control Is Personal For Sen. Dianne Feinstein - Business Insider
The question still stands...

Why isn't FOXNEWS investigating this alleged scandal if it's as bad as you claim it is.

Sounds like low-hanging fruit. And that being the case FOXNEWS would be ALL over it.

Things that make me go "Hmmmmm......!"

What difference, at this point, does it make?

Is Rachael Maddow Out of Control?

Seriously, does anybody anymore give a flying fuck about whatever that crazy-ass agenda-driven bitchcunt does any more...?

most people realize she sticks to facts.

except of course the people like you who even deny SCOTUS decisions you don't like

Engaging the strawman for a moment, what decisions? I can tell you the one I don't like the most: "Citizen's United".

Yes, agreed. Fox does lie to its viewers.

And, you're talking to a registered democrat here who hates Citizen's United.

I didn't make the original comparison. Rolling Stone and apparently Maddow's own producers did..

Maddow's skills are different: She strives not for the expression of political anger but for its suppression, to distance herself from the partisan debate rather than engage it, to steward progressive fury into a world of certainty, of charts, graphs, statistics, a real world that matters and that the political debate can't corrupt. Maddow's producers say, unexpectedly, that the closest analog for her style as a broadcaster is Glenn Beck, whose abilities as a performer she very much admires. Though their worldviews could not be more different, Maddow and Beck both attempt to pull off a similar trick: to reflect and redirect their audience's rage at politics without succumbing to it.

Read more: Rachel Maddow's Quiet War | Politics News | Rolling Stone

I think it's a fair and accurate comparison actually.

Like I said, at least Beck apologized... And, to Fox New's credit, they have cleaned up their journalistic act quite a bit. One of the stipulations of being a naturalized citizen means that if you start doing things like inciting civil unrest using your media outlet and doing other treasonous acts, your citizenship can be revoked. Murdoch no doubt sat up and took notice once Giffords was shot. Lucky for Maddow she was born here so unseating elected officials without a trial or verdict of "guilty" won't get her deported.

Last edited:
nope that was a short stay

OK, so you're one of those cryptic nonsense posters meant to derail thread topic. Shall you self regulate or maybe the mods can regulate you?

Back to the topic. I notice that even after Glenn Beck apologized for being divisive, Maddow has doubled-down on her divisiveness. I was chuckling watching her show last night. Instead of covering real news now, she is engaged like a prosecutor before a jury on the New Jersey/Christie "scandals" she's trumping up. Whole 20, 30 & 40 minute blocks of her show revolve around her ranting on and on about it. They're digging so far deep in the dirt of local court dockets and petty civil squabbles that in order to get her audience to understand what's going on [and to care], she's going into this wild goose chase. She spirals way waaaaay out and tries to tie everything together in some Sherlock Holmes style murder mystery. Only it's about mundane normal political hanky panky and favoritism [In New Jersey!! Oh M'gosh!!...lol..].

She thinks she's really onto something. Meanwhile she is losing her viewers in the pretzeling minutia of her prosecution. They are switching to Pawn Stars or the knitting channel to find more stimulating cutting edge entertainment. I was sitting there watching her yesterday just laughing my ass off at her verbal contortions trying to really get the viewers whipped up over nothing. She ends her segment staring into the camera with that "gotcha!" look. Jesus. The only thing she's going to get is a loss of ratings.

I could only make it part way through her show. I switched over to "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo" to see if they were discussing more relelvent news of the day...lol..

Sugaaaaarr BEAR!

Silohuette "is engaged like a prosecutor before a jury on the" LGBT cult scandal "she's trumping up. "

Thank you, Sil: I was trying to get who you were reminding of with your obsession.

You are our own USMB's version of Rachel Maddow!

Silohuette "is engaged like a prosecutor before a jury on the" LGBT cult scandal "she's trumping up. "

Thank you, Sil: I was trying to get who you were reminding of with your obsession.

Except that I don't have millions of followers/viewers on main stream media...

But . . . you have us.

You write exceptionally well, you are obviously quite intelligent, and are passionate.

But . . . you have us.

You write exceptionally well, you are obviously quite intelligent, and are passionate.

And you...have us. Your point?

Quit trying to sideline the debate. You don't want comparisons between LGBT and religious or cult behavior and you dont' want comparisons between LGBT and child-predator worship.

I wonder if Chris Christie figured out the core of Maddow's fury is her fear that his presidency would bring a quick end to all the gay stuff.

She should thank her lucky stars that the status quo is all silent. What if the good ole' boys wanted to shut her down? They'd just start publishing quotes from The Mayor of Castro Street, the Life and Times of Harvey Milk, the postage stamp, the 68 LGBT committees across the US, Mexico and Canada that got the postage stamp approved etc. etc.

Like a slow game of no-peeky poker, turning up one card after another. She's not much of a poker player. Otherwise she'd know that her pair of one-eyed jacks doesn't beat a royal flush..

She's no more agenda-driven than anyone in the Right-Wing media.

Two wrongs don't make a right. She's been compared, fairly so, to Glenn Beck. That's not something I'd want on my resume'. Glenn Beck I noticed apologized for his divisiveness just a day or two ago. So, he's got one up on her in cred factor. Not that I'm saying he is sane at all. What he did was reprehensible. I think he and Sarah Palin were instrumental in egging on the twisted mind that shot Gabby Giffords. The madness has to stop some time.

This country doesn't have time for it. I'm a registered democrat BTW. Voted blue straight down the line for decades, when you were probably in diapers bro; or before you were born even?
Nope, Beck is stupid and goes for shock value. Maddow is brilliant and actually does investigative journalism.

She's no more agenda-driven than anyone in the Right-Wing media.

Two wrongs don't make a right. She's been compared, fairly so, to Glenn Beck. That's not something I'd want on my resume'. Glenn Beck I noticed apologized for his divisiveness just a day or two ago. So, he's got one up on her in cred factor. Not that I'm saying he is sane at all. What he did was reprehensible. I think he and Sarah Palin were instrumental in egging on the twisted mind that shot Gabby Giffords. The madness has to stop some time.

This country doesn't have time for it. I'm a registered democrat BTW. Voted blue straight down the line for decades, when you were probably in diapers bro; or before you were born even?
Nope, Beck is stupid and goes for shock value. Maddow is brilliant and actually does investigative journalism.

Again, Rolling Stone made the comparison, not me. And I tend to agree about the intellect thing. It's the common sense thing that is lacking in Maddow, or self-reflection. But that makes sense though if you understand...what happened in the 1970s... 'nuff said.

I think the Rolling Stone made the comparison in styles of sort of manic theatre, and accurately so. While yes, true, underneath the manic theatre is more substance on Maddow's behalf. So then you ask yourself what's worse between the two, just plain stupid an manic on Beck's behalf, or calculating and manic on Maddow's behalf? But then again, Fox knows its viewers. Maybe if Beck worked for MSNBC he would be right on par with Maddow?

Who knows? The point is that manic theatre can get carried away and ruin not just lives and political careers but careers in journalism too... Beck just had to apologize and grovel. His career is ruined since edgy-mania was all he had to peddle and apologizing for that kind of stops that train dead in its tracks.

Last edited:

Again, Rolling Stone made the comparison, not me. And I tend to agree about the intellect thing. It's the common sense thing that is lacking in Maddow, or self-reflection. But that makes sense though if you understand...what happened in the 1970s... 'nuff said.

I think the Rolling Stone made the comparison in styles of sort of manic theatre, and accurately so. While yes, true, underneath the manic theatre is more substance on Maddow's behalf. So then you ask yourself what's worse between the two, just plain stupid an manic on Beck's behalf, or calculating and manic on Maddow's behalf? But then again, Fox knows its viewers. Maybe if Beck worked for MSNBC he would be right on par with Maddow?

Who knows? The point is that manic theatre can get carried away and ruin not just lives and political careers but careers in journalism too...

Rolling Stone is a hack America hating a magazine

tapatalk post

Rolling Stone is a hack America hating a magazine

tapatalk post

Stop inserting tangents thanatos. Rolling Stone is an edgy magazine that people pay attention to. They made the comparison between Maddow and Beck. They are both into manic theatre. That's a fair comparison.

Forum List

Back