CDZ Is "Let's Go B******" protected free speech?

So you believe that if someone tells “ Let’s Go Brandon “ in a mall their employer has every right to dismiss them from their job?

I think that an employer has every right to dismiss for any reason they see fit.

No, and no court would support such notion because it would infringe on freedom of speech…

The employer has no obligation to provide anyone freedom of speech.

So, you are saying I should be allowed to come into your house and say whatever I wish and you would be a vile person for complaining? I should be allowed to come into your house and insult you and your family and your pets and your house?
Saying “ Let’s Go Brandon “ in a mall is not the same as if I were in your home and saying it without your permission to be in your home.

Saying “ Let’s Go Brandon “ in public is not against any law nor should anyone be punished if they said it…

If you believe they should then all those that spew profanity against Trump, Obama, Bush and Clinton should also lose their jobs but my bet is you will not agree with that logic at all…

If you believe they should then all those that spew profanity against Trump, Obama, Bush and Clinton should also lose their jobs but my bet is you will not agree with that logic at all…

Of course they should have also lost their jobs if their employers were against them doing so.

Mods I think this should be a fair topic in CDZ. I even edited the B word so no triggers flair

Let's say I yell it at a crowded mall pretending to call B******'s attention to someone way ahead in a crowd

What I mean is, should people be punished if said in public?

Absolutely not
Best ignored. It’s childish and really not a good look from a civic perspective, when it’s revealed what the slogan is a substitute for.

some hair cuts have it coming!

as a real example, Disney has facial hair requirements. break them you are fired.

Using their logic it would also be illegal not to hire someone due to their hair cut.

Using their logic it would also be illegal not to hire someone due to their hair cut.
well not sure i'd call it logical to simply say "no you can't do that". :)

but their company, their standards. it *is* a big reason i didn't try to work for disney out of college when i tried moving to orlando.

So you believe that if someone yells “ Let’s Go Brandon “ in a mall their employer has every right to dismiss them from their job?

No, and no court would support such notion because it would infringe on freedom of speech…
Free speech doesn't apply to private companies. People get fired all the time for saying things in public which a company finds detrimental.

Mods I think this should be a fair topic in CDZ. I even edited the B word so no triggers flair

Let's say I yell it at a crowded mall pretending to call B******'s attention to someone way ahead in a crowd

What I mean is, should people be punished if said in public?

Absolutely not

Of course it is, and so is FUCK JOE BIDEN.

If I lived in a country that would consider "Lets Go Brandon" hate speech then I would live in an oppressive authoritative country that would make the Nazis envious.

I think that an employer has every right to dismiss for any reason they see fit.

The employer has no obligation to provide anyone freedom of speech.

Wrong.
And employer is replacing the natural resources that used to be universally available to everyone.
The land and resources the employer claims to own, actually are artificial and a legal abstraction, so then incur responsibilities.
So while the employer does not have to provide a forum for anyone's freedom of speech, then certainly do not at all have the right to suppress the political expression of anyone outside of the work environment.

Technically in many states, employers do not have to give reason for termination, but if they do or it can be proven that politics were the reason, then the termination was illegal and result in huge compensation and penalty fees being incurred.

Restricting employers from infringing on free speech, is essential.
Anyone who does not get that is a criminal.

Forum List

Back