Is Jesus woke?

Well, the truth be known, the only thing you've done in this thread is attack me, Bulldog.
You never answered the question. :laughing0301:

What an idiot
Actually, I just asked why you didn't answer the question, and then a conversation between us ensued. Did someone force you to join in?

Why do you crazies always whine about how smart someone might or might not be? Is that a sore subject for you?
Not at all. You waved your false sense of intellectual superiority around first, I believe, trying to hide your well-deserved shame over being unable to understand a simple sentence.

Why do you atheists believe you're so much smarter than people of faith? In your case, especially, there's no supporting evidence.

Not at all. You waved your false sense of intellectual superiority around first, I believe, trying to hide your well-deserved shame over being unable to understand a simple sentence.

Why do you atheists believe you're so much smarter than people of faith? In your case, especially, there's no supporting evidence.
I never said it was a matter of one being smarter than the other. If you were to change that to gullible, then I might have some thoughts.

Jesus loves people who get abortions.

Jesus loves the gays.

Jesus loves the blacks.

Jesus loves the Asians.

Jesus loves gun owners.

Jesus loves the homeless.

Jesus loves the criminals.

Jesus loves the trans.

Jesus loves the stoners.

After a while you have to ask yourself, is Jesus woke?
He said he didn't come for the healthy, right?

Jesus loves people who get abortions.

Jesus loves the gays.

Jesus loves the blacks.

Jesus loves the Asians.

Jesus loves gun owners.

Jesus loves the homeless.

Jesus loves the criminals.

Jesus loves the trans.

Jesus loves the stoners.

After a while you have to ask yourself, is Jesus woke?

I think too many people take their theology from Sunday School songs like "Jesus loves the little children, all the children of the world"....when in reality Jesus is highly complex. He's not a pez dispenser Savior in which He just dispenses love to everyone because you happen to be sucking in oxygen.

The loves comes in because He gave His life for yours. It is up to you to receive it or not. Very many reject it; some (and some here) reject it with outright hatred and disdain. How much love does Jesus have for these sorts, do you think--people who abuse, murder, cheat, lie and destroy like Satan their father?

Read Revelation to find out.

I think too many people take their theology from Sunday School songs like "Jesus loves the little children, all the children of the world"....when in reality Jesus is highly complex. He's not a pez dispenser Savior in which He just dispenses love to everyone because you happen to be sucking in oxygen.

The loves comes in because He gave His life for yours. It is up to you to receive it or not. Very many reject it; some (and some here) reject it with outright hatred and disdain. How much love does Jesus have for these sorts, do you think--people who abuse, murder, cheat, lie and destroy like Satan their father?

Read Revelation to find out.
Where does Jesus say he doesn't love everybody?

There is a little more to it than your simplicity.
Jesus loves those who wants to have a relationship with him.
That entails more than just reading the Bible.
And, through Him is the only way to Heaven.
2lngkv.jpg

Just for starters:

"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will. enter into the Kingdom of Heaven; but he who. does the will of my Father who is in heaven."--Matthew 7:21
But you use that verse and they then will quote Matthew 19:26 Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”

God is both Just and Merciful.

If God accepted everyone, even those like many on this board who actively hate Him, and somehow magically waved a wand over their sins and made them "disappear" or whatever, how is that just?

It's not.

God is perfect. If we are going to be with Him in eternity, we have to be perfect too.

We cannot be.

So Jesus did it for us.

Accept it or do not. That's the offer on hand. You can look at it as merciful, or as a smoking gun, I guess. I know how I see it.

Just for starters:

"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will. enter into the Kingdom of Heaven; but he who. does the will of my Father who is in heaven."--Matthew 7:21
So he hates sinners then. Right?

But you use that verse and they then will quote Matthew 19:26 Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”

Well it's helpful not to just rip verses out of context. This is where the rich man came to Jesus and said, I have kept all these commandments. Jesus said, yes, but give up all your possessions and follow me. The rich man could not do it. The disciples, dismayed, said basically, this is a very hard thing! Who can do it?

Jesus' answer is correct. We cannot do it of our own power. The Spirit of God can do it IN us. Amen

God is both Just and Merciful.

If God accepted everyone, even those like many on this board who actively hate Him, and somehow magically waved a wand over their sins and made them "disappear" or whatever, how is that just?

It's not.

God is perfect. If we are going to be with Him in eternity, we have to be perfect too.

We cannot be.

So Jesus did it for us.

Accept it or do not. That's the offer on hand. You can look at it as merciful, or as a smoking gun, I guess. I know how I see it.
Stair way to heaven / high way to tell... Matt 7:13 & 14... But that's the catch 22 or doesn't matter if you are born again @ 23 years old or 75 years old your sins are forgiven and you will go to heaven if you live right afterwards

Stair way to heaven / high way to tell... Matt 7:13 & 14... But that's the catch 22 or doesn't matter if you are born again @ 23 years old or 75 years old your sins are forgiven and you will go to heaven if you live right afterwards

That's right. You can be born again at age 6 and live your whole life for Christ, or you can be like my grandma and be born again in your 90s.

Why are you overly worried about what's "fair" when God is not? He will save whoever will come. Why is that not good enough for you?

Well it's helpful not to just rip verses out of context. This is where the rich man came to Jesus and said, I have kept all these commandments. Jesus said, yes, but give up all your possessions and follow me. The rich man could not do it. The disciples, dismayed, said basically, this is a very hard thing! Who can do it?

Jesus' answer is correct. We cannot do it of our own power. The Spirit of God can do it IN us. Amen
I didn't rip them out of context, the rich man asked how to get to heaven and Jesus told him

But.

He was saying God is merciful and everything is possible with God

I didn't rip them out of context, the rich man asked how to get to heaven and Jesus told him

But.

He was saying God is merciful and everything is possible with God

Jesus said that, that's right. Because He knew why He had come. He knew, as He said, that not one jot, not one tittle would pass from the law, and that we are helpless to keep it PERFECTLY as is required.

So He did it for us, and then died, and then took on God's wrath for sin, FOR US. Remember Jesus said, "No greater love has man than this--that He should lay down his life for his friends". And Jesus did that.

Forum List

Back