Is Jesus woke?

Nope. He specifically asked what he needed to do to gain eternal life.
How are you defining 'eternal'? It is Way of Life that is eternal. Eternal, meaning we don't have to wait until we die to enter into it. It is always there for us.

That's not the Christian definition of eternal life.
By 'Christian', I suspect you mean 'Protestant'. Notice Jesus' owns words (present tense) in Matthew 21:31--

“Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are entering the kingdom of God ahead of you."

Are you referencing 1 Corinthians 6:9?

Are you not aware that the unrighteous will not inherit the Kingdom of God? Make no mistake--neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor sensualists, nor homosexuals, nor thieves, nor rapacious men, nor drunkards, nor slanderers, nor robbers shall inherit the Kingdom of God?

The Kingdom of God is not just the afterlife. It is our Kingdom life here on earth. By the grace of God we are given the Kingdom. Still, the kingdom gift comes with obligations, that of love of God and love of people. One can become so centered on one's own desires and vices, there is little left to extend to others. Everyone can enter, but not everyone will want to when it means giving up one's own selfish desires. Turn away from (repent) of these types of behaviors and make time for others.

Galatians 5:20~21 specifically

20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,

21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

and

Ephesians 5

4 Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks.

5 For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.

And I thought this was the devil's kingdom (Earth)

Corinthians 4:4

The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God

Galatians 5:20~21 specifically
Paul was consistent in his writings. Paul firmly believed in the grace of God, but also emphasized that while the kingdom is open to all, certain behaviors block one from kingdom living.

I think of it this way: I must sleep. When I am asleep I cannot go out and garden. I must awake from the first to do the second. It is the same way with Kingdom living. I must leave behind drunkenness in order to have the ability to follow in the Ways of the Kingdom.

You obviously don't understand the Bible. Of course Jesus gives everybody the free will to either love Him or reject Him as He never forces anybody into a relationship with Him. It would be exactly the same thing as if He spiked your drink with a love potion. It doesn't mean anything to Him if the love isn't real. The point is that we're all sinners and He died to save us from our sin. He paid the penalty and give us the gift of eternal salvation. Whether we choose to keep that gift or give it back and return it is completely up to us.

Actually Easter eggs are very symbolic to the death and resurrection of Christ. The egg shell represents the tomb, they were originally all colored red to represent His blood, and cracking it open meant that the tomb was empty. Plus, it's just a fun tradition for kids to do anyways.

Are you referencing 1 Corinthians 6:9?

Are you not aware that the unrighteous will not inherit the Kingdom of God? Make no mistake--neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor sensualists, nor homosexuals, nor thieves, nor rapacious men, nor drunkards, nor slanderers, nor robbers shall inherit the Kingdom of God?

I already know that you know this, but once again this is taken out of context. It's talking about the unsaved who are guilty of these things will not enter Heaven.

You obviously don't understand the Bible. Of course Jesus gives everybody the free will to either love Him or reject Him as He never forces anybody into a relationship with Him. It would be exactly the same thing as if He spiked your drink with a love potion. It doesn't mean anything to Him if the love isn't real. The point is that we're all sinners and He died to save us from our sin. He paid the penalty and give us the gift of eternal salvation. Whether we choose to keep that gift or give it back and return it is completely up to us.

Actually Easter eggs are very symbolic to the death and resurrection of Christ. The egg shell represents the tomb, they were originally all colored red to represent His blood, and cracking it open meant that the tomb was empty. Plus, it's just a fun tradition for kids to do anyways.

I already know that you know this, but once again this is taken out of context. It's talking about the unsaved who are guilty of these things will not enter Heaven.
So your argument is against Jeremiah 1:5?

I teach Sunday school now in west allis Wisconsin every Sunday @ 8 am you should join us and I can spell it out for you

Shouldn't you know the material that you are teaching? I talk to God and even He thinks your so called teaching is bologna. :rolleyes:

Shouldn't you know the material that you are teaching? I talk to God and even He thinks your so called teaching is bologna. :rolleyes:
No one can talk to God if they break any commandments read the books of little John

Forum List

Back