Disappointed in God

Meriweather

Not all who wander are lost
Oct 21, 2014
There are many voices in religion forums stating they need God to show Himself before they can believe. Some tell us they have earnestly sought God.

Other voices tell us that Biblical accounts brought them not to awe and worship, but to active disdain of God.

Specifically, what has causes disappointment in God?

"Seek and you will find."

I have had experiences of God, so I can testify to this truth. Other members honestly say they do seek, have sought, but have never found. Why is this? What did I do so differently?

From early Biblical times, we are taught not to seek God in big events. Look for Him in that which is--or is almost--unnoticeable to others.

The second Commandment advises to put aside testing God--i.e., asking God for a sign. Think back to the first Commandment which advises not to put what is less before God. Seeking a sign is not seeking God, it is seeking something less.

There are many voices in religion forums stating they need God to show Himself before they can believe. Some tell us they have earnestly sought God.

Other voices tell us that Biblical accounts brought them not to awe and worship, but to active disdain of God.

A lack of understanding of the scriptures for one.

I’ll try this from a personal level…

My father was the most decent, loyal, God-fearing individual I’ve ever known. He served his family, his nation, his employer and his God with equal dedication for the first 50 years of his life. He built a family and then a home for us, literally. He served everyone else’s needs before his own.
THEN, just as he reached the point in his life where he and my mother were going to be able to start to relax and do thing for themselves… BAM!!!! Cancer. Melanoma. Most likely caused by his exposure to Agent Orange while serving his nation and overexposure to the sun while working outside to help his family and others.

For three years we prayed and sought every bit of medical help we could. He refused to stop helping others and attending church regularly as he literally withered away. Especially after the Cancer moved into his brain. He died on his 54th birthday, taken far to soon and never having had the opportunity to enjoy the fruits of his labors.

My faith in God and Religion died with him. I’ve come to find my own Spiritual path in the last 20 years. One thst doesn’t suggest The Divine cares one whit about any of us.

From early Biblical times, we are taught not to seek God in big events. Look for Him in that which is--or is almost--unnoticeable to others.

The second Commandment advises to put aside testing God--i.e., asking God for a sign. Think back to the first Commandment which advises not to put what is less before God. Seeking a sign is not seeking God, it is seeking something less.

More hypocrisy. "Seek and you shall find".......but you better not!!!!

Don't seek god? Don't ask for proof?
Sounds exactly like what a scam artist, liar, cheat, fraud, DementiacRat, Snowflake, Libtard, and SJW would say!!!
They don't want you seeking, because there's no proof, because it's all a political magic act.

I have had experiences of God, so I can testify to this truth. Other members honestly say they do seek, have sought, but have never found. Why is this? What did I do so differently?

And you aren't going to tell us what these "experiences" were?
Were you on drugs? Did you have head trauma? Were you SO desperate for an answer, you unconsciously created your own, as many do?

IF there were a god, he/she/it would receive a report card of an F.

IF there is/were/was a god, why are they SO scared to not show themselves or offer the tiniest bit of proof? It does not make sense. What are they hiding? What is it they DON'T want us to find out about them? Or are they afraid we will see what a scam/sham/con they truly are?

IF this god loves its creations SO MUCH, then it only makes sense to enforce their beliefs by showing up once in a while, say "HI", and offering some little wisdoms to make everybody feel better about the state of the world they've allowed to happen.

Even the biggest, hardest, most corrupt liar on this planet will offer up some rock solid proof of themselves once in a while.

If the bible were NOT full of lies, scams, shams, and HYPOCRISY........I might be more apt to believe in something that isn't there. But as it is, the bible is nothing BUT hypocrisy, and that I cannot and will not tolerate on any level........especially by some "god" that claims they love me SOOOO MUCH!!! I had enough of that shit from my two-faced mother......I certainly do not need it from any "god"!!!

My faith in God and Religion died with him. I’ve come to find my own Spiritual path in the last 20 years. One thst doesn’t suggest The Divine cares one whit about any of us.
I have shared your sorrow. Babies who died at birth; my father-in-law was only 45; a young nephew, barely an adult. My mother and grandfather...was Alzheimer's fair.

All these and more shaped my understanding of God. I have never doubted his caring--I have first hand knowledge He cares a lot, and this includes very small matters. Death and illness are part of our physical world while His realm is in the spiritual. Wholistic health includes body, mind, soul/spirit. I have a theory that if disease is rooted in the spiritual, we may see physical healing. Disease such as cancer and Alzheimer's are often purely physical. Birth and death dates on the same day...who can say. But it carries great sorrow.

God has great power and strength, but so have we. I think we often forget that.

I'm disappointed that god won't show itself, and that if god made humans, he fucked them up pretty badly.

And you aren't going to tell us what these "experiences" were?
Were you on drugs? Did you have head trauma? Were you SO desperate for an answer, you unconsciously created your own, as many do?
None of the above. First, what good are my experiences to those who yearn for their own. The purpose of this thread is to encourage (and perhaps caution) those who sincerely seek God.

IF there is/were/was a god, why are they SO scared to not show themselves or offer the tiniest bit of proof?
Because we have the power to find Him ourselves. Ever ask an adult the definition of a word and be advised to look it up on your own?

If the bible were NOT full of lies, scams, shams, and HYPOCRISY........I might be more apt to believe in something that isn't there. But as it is, the bible is nothing BUT hypocrisy, and that I cannot and will not tolerate on any level........especially by some "god" that claims they love me SOOOO MUCH!!! I had enough of that shit from my two-faced mother......I certainly do not need it from any "god"!!!
We probably need a thread on Bible study to discuss this. The best advice I can give people about the Old Testament/Hebrew Scripture, is to study rabbinical commentaries.

Yes. His throne is built from a "sword." His throne is built from fear.
And not just disdain, but to disregard the existence of him. A supreme creator that is jealous? Tyrannical?
Sword being a metaphor for power, not fear. Often, what is translated as 'fear' is best translated as 'awe'. As far as 'jealous', in the Hebrew it merely conveys that one must put God first to follow in His ways. Putting other things before God throws us off track when seeking God and His ways. (Think of the proverbial quote about being distracted by shiny objects.) Keep your eye on God and His ways.

I'm disappointed that god won't show itself, and that if god made humans, he fucked them up pretty badly.
He doesn't need to show Himself; He is there and we have the power to experience Him. I am sorry about the humans you know. The ones I know are fine works of the divine.

He doesn't need to show Himself; He is there and we have the power to experience Him. I am sorry about the humans you know. The ones I know are fine works of the divine.
C'mon, I know some good people as well, but most of humanity are pieces of shit.

And yes, it does need to show itself, that much is super obvious and would settle a lot!

C'mon, I know some good people as well, but most of humanity are pieces of shit.
Or, perhaps a work in process? I do know what you mean, but don't most them fall into a category of, "Those people over there"?

Forum List

Back