Is it possible...

MaryL

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2011
Midwestern U.S.
To create a class action suit against the leaders of certain cities or a certain political party they belong to for financial or emotional damage by allowing/inciting riots? Or even the mass media for their dishonest misinformation that has led to inciting riots? We know what and WHOM I am alluding to. Any lawyers here?

To create a class action suit against the leaders of certain cities or a certain political party they belong to for financial or emotional damage by allowing/inciting riots? Or even the mass media for their dishonest misinformation that has led to inciting riots? We know what and WHOM I am alluding to. Any lawyers here?
Which misinformation?

Its on video

I can't help you out there, Mary. I'm NO lawyer, and I'm glad I'm NOT. As a consequence, my soul IS still intact...............

Which misinformation?

Its on video

@ RW, my son is an attorney. We were talking a while ago & I asked a similar question. Yes, there is a law preventing that class of legal action being taken against elected officials. As my son explained to me if there were not a law preventing suits against elected officials then frivolous lawsuits alone would overload/shut down the court system. Appointed bureaucrats are also protected against INDIVIDUAL LAWSUITS for more than just the previous mentioned reason. I will try(if I don't forget) to get that legal term from my son & then pass it on to you. Till next time!

• Banned
Which misinformation?

Its on video
Really? Lets don't do this. CNN lawsuit by N. Sandmann, that's on video too. Please. 80 million dollars worth of truth. The media lies and exaggerates for ratings, it's about time they were held accountable.

• Banned
Which misinformation?

Its on video
Really? Lets don't do this. CNN lawsuit by N. Sandmann, that's on video too. Please. 80 million dollars worth of truth. The media lies and exaggerates for ratings, it's about time they were held accountable.
Which misinformation?

Its on video

@ RW, my son is an attorney. We were talking a while ago & I asked a similar question. Yes, there is a law preventing that class of legal action being taken against elected officials. As my son explained to me if there were not a law preventing suits against elected officials then frivolous lawsuits alone would overload/shut down the court system. Appointed bureaucrats are also protected against INDIVIDUAL LAWSUITS for more than just the previous mentioned reason. I will try(if I don't forget) to get that legal term from my son & then pass it on to you. Till next time!
It's ironic that the police used to have a similar standard, I forget what it was called, but they used to have immunity from their actions too. Its equally ironic that Democrats, er, "politicians" want that protection whilst removing that same protection from the police ...and, without our consent or popular approval, sans the rioters.

I'm not a lawyer...but I did stay at a holiday inn express last night.

My understanding is...you would have to PROVE IN COURT that this particular lie caused this particular act of violence by this particular person...which would be impossible :(

Which misinformation?

Its on video
Show where the obnoxious kid was paid $80 million
or is that a lie and exaggeration?

Which misinformation?

Its on video
Show where the obnoxious kid was paid $80 million
or is that a lie and exaggeration?

Perhaps we can sue MaryL for her dishonest information. I think $80Million would cover it.

I hate to sound like some sap, but in a world where people entertain reparations for an issue 5 generations past for something never done to them, lets amuse ourselves further: Legal action against people/organizations that incite riots. I have a dream...we will do the right thing based on shhh...facts. Quiet, don't want to piss off the lefties.

Good luck getting a class certified. Good luck with penetrating the immunity of public officials. Even one could do either of these things, good luck showing that any public official or political party allowed or incited a riot. Good luck with anything against "the mass media," which is not one single entity and is protected by the First Amendment. Forget about the issues of proof. Another absurd and fantastical "legal" theory brought to us by the accredited law school in the back of Charlie's Garage.

Rule 23. Class Actions

Which misinformation?

Its on video
Of course you
Democrats are going to get sued, and cost the cities billions.. The shutting down of businesses the burning down of businesses the assaults on citizens citizens afraid to walk the street because Democrats refuse federal help from the great Donald Trump. Any Democrat mayor that has refused help from the great Donald Trump should be thrown in jail.. But I hope the money comes right from the Democratic Party not from the cities

Forum List

Back