Is it accurate to describe God as "good?"

If I murder my neighbor am I good? If not, why is God "murdering" all life on Earth except Noah, his family, and some animals "good?"

Am I good if I murder someone who doesn't believe in my ideas of God? If not, why is God commanding the deaths of those who don't conform to his particular religion good?

Am I good if I refrain from doing work or leaving my home once a week? Is God good if he command sthe death for anyone who doesn't?

God isn't good. Rather we perpetuate the belief he is because no one's likely to follow a god of "evil."
If you imprison a murderer, aren't you just violating its right to move about freely?

You see, your simpleton scenario assumes that those that were killed by God were innocent.

But I already know your moral equivalence argument so save yourself the time. I won't be back to this thread. I just wanted to point out how little you thought through your talking point.

Why would a perfect god that cares make a devil evil or hell? Or why not do away with it?

Greetings, sealybobo,

I read in a religious Book that hard trials purify, and in the Bible I read this:

Psalm 12:6
The words of the Lord are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.

Suffering purifies, I believe, and I believe that God made the devil & hell to purify us of things in us that are not good.

If you could have snapped your fingers and prevented that plane from flying into the building on 9 11 would you have done it? So you're nicer than god.

Greetings again, sealybobo,

May I say that it sounds to me like you have decided to disbelieve in a God without making a study of religion/His Word. The Bible says that God raises up other nations to come against a nation when it misbehaves...perhaps 9/11 was caused by God as a punishment for bad American behavior.

Peace.

Why would a perfect god that cares make a devil evil or hell? Or why not do away with it?

Greetings, sealybobo,

I read in a religious Book that hard trials purify, and in the Bible I read this:

Psalm 12:6
The words of the Lord are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.

Suffering purifies, I believe, and I believe that God made the devil & hell to purify us of things in us that are not good.
Then he's not perfect.

If you could have snapped your fingers and stopped those planes from crashing into the world trade center buildings? Of course you would have.

So you are better or nicer than your god.

If you could have snapped your fingers and prevented that plane from flying into the building on 9 11 would you have done it? So you're nicer than god.

Greetings again, sealybobo,

May I say that it sounds to me like you have decided to disbelieve in a God without making a study of religion/His Word. The Bible says that God raises up other nations to come against a nation when it misbehaves...perhaps 9/11 was caused by God as a punishment for bad American behavior.

Peace.[/QUOTE

Horrible pathetic reply. You'll make excuses for anything your imaginary god does or doesn't do. I rate your reply D-

Forum List

Back