is it a good idea to allow citizens of foreign countries to vote in local elections in the US ?

OMG will you give up this attemp to defend Democrats as not being the left.
No; calling Democrats the left is like calling Jews Nazis.
Democrats are absolutely politically left,
Not at all.
they are not politically right.
They actually are conservatives, but deranged ones.

Zombie conservatives.
I have already outlined this for you in detail
Democrats are not the left.

The Democrat Party despises the left, and exists to thwart the left's aims.
and you agreed with me then, why are you back to this?
I would never have agreed to the Democrats being called the left - calling Democrats the left is like calling Jews Nazis.
Edit, this came off a bit harsh. My apologies.
No problem - most people don't understand who the Democrats really are.

Think of Democrats as used car salesmen - they'll say ANYTHING to get people to vote for them, and their biggest lie is that they support the left.

But they do not - not in any way, shape or form.
I just don't get where you're coming from.
See above; I know it may seem odd, but we have two conservative parties which control everything. One calls itself conservative, and the other does not.

Why stop there, just allow everyone on earth access to the American process, that way they don't even have to be here, isn't that democracy in action???

These democrat enacted laws, where is Mcconnell and MaCarthy, or Graham, and all the other pretend republicans??? Allowing illegal aliens to vote merely waves the magic wand over the heads of the tens of millions who already do so!

There is no way California stands by that fucking Newsom in recent recall election absent millions of illegal aliens participating in that recall election, or Biden receiving 81 million votes in the sham 2020 presidential election.

Biden almost certainly received 20-30 million illegal alien votes in 2020, and you know what, everybody knows this, everybody!
Congress has NOTHING to do with laws enacted in a city such as New York.

These people allowed to vote are NOT illegals.

I am just clarifying for facts, not opinions.

Only US citizens should be allowed to vote.

In one of the other 5 threads on this topic I was asked by someone if they moved to Sweden if they would be allowed to vote in local elections.

The answer by the way was yes after 5 years of residency.

I was actually surprised how many counties allow this.

Absolutely not.

You should have to be a legal citizen to vote. Not only that but I say if you become a citizen you shouldn't be allowed to vote for the first 6 years you become one and you should be required to have a permanent residence in America also.

They do have a permanent residence, or they could not become citizens! They have already waited 5 years while becoming citizens.

If you want change, go to Congress and get them to change the law. I doubt you would get much support for your plan.

In one of the other 5 threads on this topic I was asked by someone if they moved to Sweden if they would be allowed to vote in local elections.

The answer by the way was yes after 5 years of residency.

I was actually surprised how many counties allow this.

The city of New York is not equivalent to other countries. Only citizens should vote.

The city of New York is not equivalent to other countries. Only citizens should vote.

I did not say it was.

While my gut instinct is to agree with you, my logic side says that these people live there, they pay taxes, they send their kids to the schools, they own property, they own businesses....why should they not have a say in what happens to them? Isn't that the very principle this country was founded upon?

I did not say it was.

While my gut instinct is to agree with you, my logic side says that these people live there, they pay taxes, they send their kids to the schools, they own property, they own businesses....why should they not have a say in what happens to them? Isn't that the very principle this country was founded upon?
no it wasnt,,

if they want to vote then get in line and become an american,,

using your logic all our enemies have to do is send enough people here illegally and get enough in one area and they can control it through the vote then move to the next area,,

whats next running for office??

no it wasnt,,

if they want to vote then get in line and become an american,,

using your logic all our enemies have to do is send enough people here illegally and get enough in one area and they can control it through the vote then move to the next area,,

whats next running for office??

People here illegally are not given the right to vote in this law. Do try and keep up.

I did not say it was.

I never claimed you did.

The right to vote is an incentive for these people to become citizens. That is all.

Communist democrats are afraid that they are losing the black vote so they are building a new demographic to outvote them.

No; calling Democrats the left is like calling Jews Nazis.

Not at all.

They actually are conservatives, but deranged ones.

Zombie conservatives.

Democrats are not the left.

The Democrat Party despises the left, and exists to thwart the left's aims.

I would never have agreed to the Democrats being called the left - calling Democrats the left is like calling Jews Nazis.

No problem - most people don't understand who the Democrats really are.

Think of Democrats as used car salesmen - they'll say ANYTHING to get people to vote for them, and their biggest lie is that they support the left.

But they do not - not in any way, shape or form.

See above; I know it may seem odd, but we have two conservative parties which control everything. One calls itself conservative, and the other does not.

I think you have a screw loose. Leftist political theory = adherence to centralized government control; individual freedom and sovereignty subservient to central government.

That perfectly describes the modern democrat party. If you are to say they don't really support all of the victim groups they claim to support, then I would agree with you. But to say that they are not politically left is absolutely freaking insane. The central government is their God.

Forum List

Back