Is GOP Finally Going To Screw The Disabled, & The Elderly On Medicare?

Rationing vs. cutting payments? whats the difference? If payments are cut then something has to be rationed. progressives and there twisted word games only works on the sheeple.

If you want to discuss rationing health care, that is another issue. Using your argument I can bring many issues into this discussion to give cover to the GOP. I can say the costs of test are equal to cutting. I can say the costs of malpractice insurance are equal to (have similar end-results) cost cutting. But that would only muddy the issue at hand and give cover to the GOP.

You have not refuted my basic premises.

thank you
:cool:
D

Rationing and cutting back are one in the same. Rationing has already been passed in the helthcare law. So if the doctors payment are cut what is it calleds? RATIONING.

Rationing can be benign, cutting payments that force some doctors out of treating the elderly and disabled at all, is not the same.

Seeing a doctor who puts a debatable test aside vs not being able to see a doctor at all is not comparable.

Now take your silly deflections and poor understanding of realities and try listening to what people say instead of striking out with talking points.

Oh God, here come the lefty nitwits with their "they're gonna cut Medciare" shit again. Never mind that Lord God Obama already slashed the fuck out of it to get his Obamacare. What mind-numbed robots.

Oh God, here come the lefty nitwits with their "they're gonna cut Medciare" shit again. Never mind that Lord God Obama already slashed the fuck out of it to get his Obamacare. What mind-numbed robots.

a12311.jpg

Keep plying the part line, and ignoring the facts. Obama is responsible for this because he lied to everyone, and is blaming the Republicans in the hopes that all the Obamazombies will line up behind him. Keep drinking the Kool-Aid

reading and comprehension not your strong suit? or is your blissful ignorance beefed up by willful blindness?

---
Yes, I think so. "Every year since 2003 ( all Bush/Cheney years, except 2), Congress has deferred" cuts "with backing from Democrats and Republicans" Cuts which were supposed to happen "because of a decade-old formula set up by Congress to slow the growth of Medicare."

Passing the buck all these years to save Bush/Cheney's asses, and now screwing the elderly and disabled when they need help the most. I think this is what the GOP will do.

Obama Urges Congress to Avert Medicare Pay Cuts

QW, look at what I was saying and how what you said in a PM is different. Why did I mention R&C?

Because you are blindly partisan?

thank you for giving spam a chance to be equal here.

you have refuted nothing.

you haven't read the OP or the thread.

fuck off nitwit troll
:lol:

reading and comprehension not your strong suit? or is your blissful ignorance beefed up by willful blindness?

---
Yes, I think so. "Every year since 2003 ( all Bush/Cheney years, except 2), Congress has deferred" cuts "with backing from Democrats and Republicans" Cuts which were supposed to happen "because of a decade-old formula set up by Congress to slow the growth of Medicare."

Passing the buck all these years to save Bush/Cheney's asses, and now screwing the elderly and disabled when they need help the most. I think this is what the GOP will do.

Obama Urges Congress to Avert Medicare Pay Cuts

QW, look at what I was saying and how what you said in a PM is different. Why did I mention R&C?

Because you are blindly partisan?
R&C = Reading & Comprehension

See? You strike out blindly without bothering to take the time to...

Oh well.

Haven't you noticed. Deemocrats have controlled congress since 2006 and took the white house in 2009 We have had Democratic control for 4 years and the liberals still want to blame Bush and the republicans. This is an attempt to keep that trend going. aNYONE WITH JUST A LITTLE BIT OF COMMON SENSE AND OPPOSED obamacare knows the cut's are coming. The Democrats voted to cut it with the passage of the health care law.

QW,What I am saying is in a different context. The GOP will try to cut medicare under Obama, after putting off for 8 years under bush, their desire to do so

That formula that is leading to all these problems dates back to the Clinton Administration, and both parties have blindly supported putting off implementing it for over a decade. There are quite a few Democrats who agree with the Republicans that continually deferring these cuts is unsustainable, including Obama. Republicans, and some Democrats, want to make a real fix for this problem, as part of the over all health care reform Obama is touting.

What is the Democrats idea of dealing with this problem? They want to vote to defer the cuts for a few years, instead of carrying on the tradition of doing this one year at a time. Obama is claiming that this will fix the problem by giving us more time to think about it. We have been thinking about it for 8 years, and got no where. We need to deal with it now, and you claim that this means that Republicans want to cut Medicare. You neg rep me for disagreeing with your opinion, and not getting that you are claiming the problem is that Republicans were afraid to do this under Bush.

The truth is that both parties are afraid to deal with this problem, and your viewpoint is partisan. The Democrats are trying to game the problem by making sure this always stays outside the health care budget, and the Republicans, and some Democrats, are balking at this as being irresponsible. Try to read something besides articles that you agree with and you might get a real view of what is going on.

EconomistMom.com Blog Archive The “Doc Fix” and Its Budget Gimmickry Is Not a Clever New Democratic Idea
Doctor pay, and its cost, are part of health reform - washingtonpost.com
Democrats Plan to Strip Sustainable Growth Rate Formula from Health-Care Reform - WSJ.com
Ezra Klein - A proud bipartisan tradition of budget gimmickry

Considering the Democratic party has historically been the party of unions and blue collar workers, you'd have to say Democrats are hard working. Or do you say the GOP has been the party of working people and blue collar workers? You do know people in unions are hard working?

stop thinking winning arguments with yourself is comparable to debating others.

Democrats have also traditionally been the party of civil rights, despite the historical fact that they opposed the CRA as part of their party platform. Do you really think they are hard working and blue collar?

The GOP fought the creation of Medicare and has consistently looked to cut it.

And rightly so because it's become an enormous drain on the Federal Government and will only worsen with the aging Baby Boomers.

LBJ is directly responsible for the mess we have today as a result of his Great Society bullshit. Prior to that people used to have a work ethic and believed in living within their means. Nobody expected something for nothing or felt they were entitled to a service simply because they breathe. We didn't have drug infested public housing ghettos filled with children with no baby daddy around. You could live in a city neighborhood and safely raise your kids for the most part. Now most of us have to live in the suburbs because the urban areas have been destroyed by crack heads and human trash, all thanks to LBJ. What a guy.

]

How is it that the GOP can do this? They don't have the power to stop anything. Are you the type that blames the victim for being a victim or do you blame the bad guy?
BS, Cons protest or put holds on anything the Democratic Party proposes.

]

How is it that the GOP can do this? They don't have the power to stop anything. Are you the type that blames the victim for being a victim or do you blame the bad guy?
BS, Cons protest or put holds on anything the Democratic Party proposes.

Gee, I wonder why they would do that.....................

Some Democrats might vote with the GOP, but that will not negate the fact that the GOP has always wanted to cut Medicare and will vote as a block to do so now -- after putting this off for years under Bush.

The GOP will vote to allow the elderly and disabled to die in oder to beat Obama.
Rationing, which is what youy are talking about has already been approved by and signed by obama and the democrats. Don't believe me read the law it's there.
We have had rationing, imposed by insurance companies, for years.

That's a big fat strike for you. We don't have rationing in this country because people who have the financial means can pay for services insurance companies reject or possibly get it paid for through charitable means. By its very definition, rationing is the controlled distribution of a scarce resource. Health care is not a scarce resource in this country. It is, however, in most nations with socialized medicine.

The GOP fought the creation of Medicare and has consistently looked to cut it.

And rightly so because it's become an enormous drain on the Federal Government and will only worsen with the aging Baby Boomers.

LBJ is directly responsible for the mess we have today as a result of his Great Society bullshit. Prior to that people used to have a work ethic and believed in living within their means. Nobody expected something for nothing or felt they were entitled to a service simply because they breathe. We didn't have drug infested public housing ghettos filled with children with no baby daddy around. You could live in a city neighborhood and safely raise your kids for the most part. Now most of us have to live in the suburbs because the urban areas have been destroyed by crack heads and human trash, all thanks to LBJ. What a guy.

Exactly. Through the Decades of rhetoric? This healhcare SCAM foisted by the Statist/Marxist Congress that voted for it against the better wishes of the populace...will do MORE to screw up Healthcare....by chasing Qualified Doctors away that want ZERO to do with the Buracracy...than any PHONY NOTION as foisted in the past of the Elderly having to choose between healthcare and FOOD by eating CATFOOD as a choice. Remember that BLAST from 'HillaryCare'?

{Remember WE the People sent it back to the drawing board in the 90's, and made Clinton SWEAT...and gave Republicans, and REPUBICANS alike power in the Congress?

If ya don't...A BLAST from da PAST...

[For THOSE of you in the Memory Division of these boards...As I am...and suffered through Clinton remember this]...

10192007_hillarycare_mousetrap.jpg

Face it folks? The Statist Democrats have screwed themselves....by Forcing this shit upon us...the elderly, and those that have to PAY for it...and that would be generations YET to be born.

*WELCOME TO THE NEW SLAVERY* as envisioned by the Staist Democrats that don't KNOW the meaning of *NO*.

Remember folks? The people said NO once upon a time...Said NO again...but YET they foisted it anyway.

*They will PAY*

Considering the Democratic party has historically been the party of unions and blue collar workers, you'd have to say Democrats are hard working. Or do you say the GOP has been the party of working people and blue collar workers? You do know people in unions are hard working?

stop thinking winning arguments with yourself is comparable to debating others.

Democrats have also traditionally been the party of civil rights, despite the historical fact that they opposed the CRA as part of their party platform. Do you really think they are hard working and blue collar?

When I belonged to the Democratic party, the number of blue collar workers always far outweighed any elites. You need to get out more. The Democrats that opposed the CRA jumped ship into the welcoming arms of the GOP who then went on to institute a Southern strategy based on racism. A Head of the GOP later apologized for this historical fact.

Republican National Committee Chairman Ken Mehlman apologized to one of the nation's largest black civil rights groups Thursday, saying Republicans had not done enough to court blacks in the past and had exploited racial strife to court white voters, particularly in the South.

That's a big fat strike for you. We don't have rationing in this country because people who have the financial means can pay for services insurance companies reject or possibly get it paid for through charitable means. By its very definition, rationing is the controlled distribution of a scarce resource. Health care is not a scarce resource in this country. It is, however, in most nations with socialized medicine.

Dear Dufus, insurance companies already ration health care.

Forum List

Back