Is Duck Dynasty the beginning of a Hot Religious War?

The right of free speech simply means you can't be arrested or imprisoned by the government for expressing your opinions or beliefs. It doesn't guarantee you there will be no consequences for doing so. You can be fired if your employer thinks your opinions don't reflect well on him/her. Phil has the right to say what he said, and A&E has the right to fire him for doing so.

It was very unwise of Robertson to express racial bigotry and homophobia in the media. It was even more unwise of him to treat gay crew members on his show badly. He wasn't hired to stoke controversy and now that he has, he will lose the forum to do so. Already, sponsors and retailers are dumping him. They too are exercising their rights.

You can exercise your right to free speech and you won't be arrested or imprisoned, but if you're going to insult, defame, and denigrate entire groups of people, you will find that free speech can be very costly.

In the United States today, with the passage of the NDAA, totalitarian spy networks, allowing boys to use girls bathrooms, militarization of the police forces, the paramilitary besiegement and occupation of Boston, the imperial arrest and seizure of Adam Kokesh, --- and ... many many other troubling signs of the United States Constitution being usuurped and replaced by Despotic Doctrines and the Presidency having fully abosrbed all powers of Congress, we must wonder ...

:eusa_eh:

Does no one else find this part entertaining? SPIES!! NDAA!! MILITARIZATION!! PARAMILITARY!! COED BATHROOMS!!!!!!

The right of free speech simply means you can't be arrested or imprisoned by the government for expressing your opinions or beliefs. It doesn't guarantee you there will be no consequences for doing so. You can be fired if your employer thinks your opinions don't reflect well on him/her. Phil has the right to say what he said, and A&E has the right to fire him for doing so.

It was very unwise of Robertson to express racial bigotry and homophobia in the media. It was even more unwise of him to treat gay crew members on his show badly. He wasn't hired to stoke controversy and now that he has, he will lose the forum to do so. Already, sponsors and retailers are dumping him. They too are exercising their rights.

You can exercise your right to free speech and you won't be arrested or imprisoned, but if you're going to insult, defame, and denigrate entire groups of people, you will find that free speech can be very costly.

In essence, yes.

The right to free speech also prohibits the government from engaging in prior restraint to prevent you from saying something it disapproves of.

Apparently many on the right either don’t understand this or are attempting to contrive this into a ‘free speech’ issue when in fact is it not.

In the United States today, with the passage of the NDAA, totalitarian spy networks, allowing boys to use girls bathrooms, militarization of the police forces, the paramilitary besiegement and occupation of Boston, the imperial arrest and seizure of Adam Kokesh, --- and ... many many other troubling signs of the United States Constitution being usuurped and replaced by Despotic Doctrines and the Presidency having fully abosrbed all powers of Congress, we must wonder ...

Does no one else find this part entertaining? SPIES!! NDAA!! MILITARIZATION!! PARAMILITARY!! COED BATHROOMS!!!!!!

It’s very entertaining.

The only thing missing is fluoride in the drinking water contaminating all of our precious bodily fluids.

What the fuck are you talking about? Seriously?

The East and West coast Libs against the Midwest and Southern forces...Nice!

That would be over before it even got started. The NYC and LA type city slicker libtards would run out of food in a matter of days after we stopped the trucks from entering cities, and they'd all be killing each other for the last pack of Oscar Mayer hotdogs and bottle of water left in a store. All we'd have to do out here in the heartland is pick off the occasional straggler, like shooting fish in a barrel.

hurricane sandy gave us a real clear picture of what will happen in cities and urban areas when the infrastructure crumbles. they come to a standstill. no gas, people become immobile. no heat, they freeze. no food, they starve. it will become every man for themselves in real short order. now what happens when this occurs on a national basis? no way aid can get everywhere. chaos will ensue. you don't own a gun, you will go hungry.

Interesting. Now the election was on the deal but what if it wasnt? It's an interesting scenario.

Communist takeovers of nations throughout history have always targeted and banned religion, especially Christianity. In North Korea today, people are executed for even possessing a Bible.

North Korea publicly executes 80, some for videos or Bibles, report says | Fox News

The details of religious annihilation --- the forced practicing of atheism of previous Communist Empires need not be discussed --- as it's well know.

Are they finally coming for religion --- Christianity in particular? Is the Duck Dynasty controversy (which honestly appears to have been a trap/setup) an experiment testing the religious attitudes and backlash of Americans, are they seeing if we're ready to submit?

Are they preparing for an Atheist War, through proxy organizations that aren't subject to Constitutionalists limitations?

rofl.gif

You really do live in a freaking comic book. Communists? North freaking Korea?? :lmao:

What the fuck does Duck Dynasty have to do with religion?
And what does "which honestly appears to have been a trap/setup" mean?

It’s very entertaining.

The only thing missing is fluoride in the drinking water contaminating all of our precious bodily fluids.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1KvgtEnABY"]"Essence" [/ame]

Communist takeovers of nations throughout history have always targeted and banned religion, especially Christianity. In North Korea today, people are executed for even possessing a Bible.

North Korea publicly executes 80, some for videos or Bibles, report says | Fox News

The details of religious annihilation --- the forced practicing of atheism of previous Communist Empires need not be discussed --- as it's well know.

Are they finally coming for religion --- Christianity in particular? Is the Duck Dynasty controversy (which honestly appears to have been a trap/setup) an experiment testing the religious attitudes and backlash of Americans, are they seeing if we're ready to submit?

Are they preparing for an Atheist War, through proxy organizations that aren't subject to Constitutionalists limitations?

rofl.gif

You really do live in a freaking comic book. Communists? North freaking Korea?? :lmao:

You fool. Phil is a guy like me. Rock n roller kinda Christian.......teddly kinda christian....

rofl.gif

You fool. Phil is a guy like me. Rock n roller kinda Christian.......teddly kinda christian....

I'm asking the OP wtf he's on about TD.

He'll prolly just run away like he usually does.

Yes. We march at 12:04 AM, December 25th. Better hide your elves.

No problem, my elves are armed.

Fcuking cool.....this guy is arming his elves!!!:rock: Shit.....I gotta get up to speed. I'll tell ya though.....my 13 year old son is pretty dang good with his .17HMR. At 200 yards, he'll do a 5 group within a ring the size of your coffee cup mug top. Those .17 rounds are nastly little mofu's once they make contact with something. Even my wife is pretty dang good with her Circuit Judge chambering .410PDX rounds.......maybe only good for about 25 yards or so but with DA, its hard to miss something which will subsequently be royally fcukked up. My stuff just removes whole limbs with one round:2up:

Fuck the elves now to think of it......I don't need 'em. but this gnome guy resides in my bow window......kinda a last warning that it might not be a good idea to enter.

Last edited:
The East and West coast Libs against the Midwest and Southern forces...Nice!

Maybe the Midwest folk have lost their minds, but plenty of southerners are not going to follow anyone, let alone a rejected reality show star.

I think you will be surprised how few will actually go to war.

Yes. We march at 12:04 AM, December 25th. Better hide your elves.

Fcuking cool.....this guy is arming his elves!!!:rock: Shit.....I gotta get up to speed. I'll tell ya though.....my 13 year old son is pretty dang good with his .17HMR. At 200 yards, he'll do a 5 group within a ring the size of your coffee cup mug top. Those .17 rounds are nastly little mofu's once they make contact with something. Even my wife is pretty dang good with her Circuit Judge chambering .410PDX rounds.......maybe only good for about 25 yards or so but with DA, its hard to miss something which will subsequently be royally fcukked up. My stuff just removes whole limbs with one round:2up:

Fuck the elves now to think of it......I don't need 'em. but this gnome guy resides in my bow window......kinda a last warning that it might not be a good idea to enter.

Oh! Yeah! Ooh baby! Keep talkin' dirty! Yeah! Say some more gun model names! Ooh......yeah! Tell me baby! Tell me how good of a shot you are.....yeah.....yeah! Massage me with gun oil! Ooooooooh.....yeah!

Oh! Yeah! Ooh baby! Keep talkin' dirty! Yeah! Say some more gun model names! Ooh......yeah! Tell me baby! Tell me how good of a shot you are.....yeah.....yeah! Massage me with gun oil! Ooooooooh.....yeah!

Oh Gawd!!!

Limpwristedness is gay s0n!!:2up::eusa_dance::eusa_dance:

Does no one else find this part entertaining? SPIES!! NDAA!! MILITARIZATION!! PARAMILITARY!! [I]COED BATHROOMS[/I]!!!!!!

Them rethuglikans have been trying to figure out how women pee for a long time. So they finally put spys in the women's restroom to find out. This is not unusual for repubs to be cornfused about basic things in life.

Hell these rethug idiots think Jesus is the creator and founder of Duck Dynasty.

Hey, if it looks like a duck. Quacks like a duck. Then what the fuck is it but a duck?

Jesus lubs him sum DUCKS.

But it is so FUNNY to hear you right wing red necks protecting you some more multi millionaires.
I am real sure they care greatly about you and your pocketbook. The pocketbook mostly.
Please don't stop spending money on them. Please.

Onward Christian soldiers. Gonna kill me some lieberals. Right skooker? Who you gonna shoot next?

A real dumb fuck thread for dumb fucks. Ain't nobody going to war for the Duck Guys. You yappers will just continue to yap, and do nothing at all. More than likely, you will not even vote. In the meantime, those of us that have a real life will continue to live it, do productive work, and not live in the 'reality TV' fantasy.

Liberals are so kewl to denigrate and taunt people for their personal beliefs.

Americans just love that.

Forum List

Back