Is Donald Trump a sociopath?

• Total voters

The closest thing to psychopathy or sociopathy in The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual (DSM)—the book that defines every mental illness and outlines how mental-health professionals should make the diagnosis—is either Narcissistic Personality Disorder or Antisocial Personality Disorder.

Other analysts have focused on the applicability of Narcissistic Personality Disorder, which the Mayo Clinic defines by “an inflated sense of [one’s] own importance, a deep need for admiration and a lack of empathy for others. But behind this mask of ultra-confidence lies a fragile self-esteem that’s vulnerable to the slightest criticism.” One psychologist, Ben Michaelis, called Trump “textbook Narcissistic Personality Disorder.” Psychologist George Simon called Trump “so classic that I’m archiving video clips of him to use in workshops because there’s no better example of his characteristics.”

To more wholly assess the claim of sociopathy, then, it may be more illustrative at this point to consider the Antisocial Personality Disorder side of the picture, which focuses on deceit, manipulation, disregard for the rights of others, and failure to take responsibility for one’s actions.

According to the DSM, Antisocial Personality Disorder should be diagnosed in a person who meets two criteria about the way they function in the world, and criteria about their personal traits. In the realm of the latter, the person must also demonstrate two other traits: antagonism and disinhibition.

Is Donald Trump a Sociopath?

I think it is very clear that Trump is a sociopath and completely insane.
They're talking about trump potentially dropping out and the RNC replacing him by September. He is clearly over his head and doing horribly. Lol

Links?

Maybe he could claim some physical impairment that has come up forcing him to withdraw and still save face.

He got a note from his doctor. He doesn't have to say it was from his psychiatrist. :lol:
I heard it on ABC.

The guy said trump would be doing better had he said nothing the last two weeks. That hillary would be very vulnerable if trump didn't insist on stepping on her bad news with all of his stupid comments.

Maybe trump will drop out due to the bone spurs that got him out of Viet Nam.

The closest thing to psychopathy or sociopathy in The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual (DSM)—the book that defines every mental illness and outlines how mental-health professionals should make the diagnosis—is either Narcissistic Personality Disorder or Antisocial Personality Disorder.

Other analysts have focused on the applicability of Narcissistic Personality Disorder, which the Mayo Clinic defines by “an inflated sense of [one’s] own importance, a deep need for admiration and a lack of empathy for others. But behind this mask of ultra-confidence lies a fragile self-esteem that’s vulnerable to the slightest criticism.” One psychologist, Ben Michaelis, called Trump “textbook Narcissistic Personality Disorder.” Psychologist George Simon called Trump “so classic that I’m archiving video clips of him to use in workshops because there’s no better example of his characteristics.”

To more wholly assess the claim of sociopathy, then, it may be more illustrative at this point to consider the Antisocial Personality Disorder side of the picture, which focuses on deceit, manipulation, disregard for the rights of others, and failure to take responsibility for one’s actions.

According to the DSM, Antisocial Personality Disorder should be diagnosed in a person who meets two criteria about the way they function in the world, and criteria about their personal traits. In the realm of the latter, the person must also demonstrate two other traits: antagonism and disinhibition.

They're talking about trump potentially dropping out and the RNC replacing him by September. He is clearly over his head and doing horribly. Lol

Links?

Maybe he could claim some physical impairment that has come up forcing him to withdraw and still save face.

He got a note from his doctor. He doesn't have to say it was from his psychiatrist. :lol:
I heard it on ABC.

The guy said trump would be doing better had he said nothing the last two weeks. That hillary would be very vulnerable if trump didn't insist on stepping on her bad news with all of his stupid comments.

Maybe trump will drop out due to the bone spurs that got him out of Viet Nam.

Well, it worked for him in the past.

Obviously he is not a sociopath, however he is certainly an excellent and strong leader.

There is absolutely no evidence that Trump is a leader at all. What he is, is a somewhat effective OWNER. The president doesn't OWN the country. He MUST be able to get along with others he might not agree with. Trump has shown over and over that he is extremely thin skinned. That is not a good trait for a president no matter what party he represents.
You are full of shit. Trump is proven leader with an excellent track.

Crooked Hillary has proven to be an incompetent leader. She also seems to have a lot of trouble discerning fantasy from reality. She suffers from delusions.

But even worse, she is a fucking career criminal. Even at the DNC convention they were chanting "lock her up". And how about the Clintons looting the $11 billion Haiti earthquake relief fund? How low can they go? Seriously. That shows a complete lack of morals.

Her crimes, her lack of leadership skills, that doesn't even phase you partisan hacks? You still support her simply because you don't like Trump's personality.

Fucking idiots!

Obviously he is not a sociopath, however he is certainly an excellent and strong leader.

There is absolutely no evidence that Trump is a leader at all. What he is, is a somewhat effective OWNER. The president doesn't OWN the country. He MUST be able to get along with others he might not agree with. Trump has shown over and over that he is extremely thin skinned. That is not a good trait for a president no matter what party he represents.

Crooked Hillary has proven to be an incompetent leader. She also seems to have a lot of trouble discerning fantasy from reality. She suffers from delusions.

But even worse, she is a fucking career criminal. Even at the DNC convention they were chanting "lock her up". And how about the Clintons looting the $11 billion Haiti earthquake relief fund? How low can they go? Seriously. That shows a complete lack of morals.

Her crimes, her lack of leadership skills, that doesn't even phase you partisan hacks? You still support her simply because you don't like Trump's personality.

Fucking idiots!
You are so obviously partisan hack

that's is the dumbest fucking thing ever posted.
you being the boards idiot, we really can't take your posting serious ... but its fun making a fool of you you're so easy
You made it clear that you have the IQ of a turnip and the reasoning ability of a rabid dog
translation= you got you dick handed to you

BWA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!!!!!
You couldn't win a race when it's you against you.

good lord you are a truly pathetic and sad person.
and you got you dick handed to you ...thats what sad and pathetic ...you are worthless in any kind of rebuttal
You repeated yourself, showing a complete lack of imagination and the ability to think.

so no surprise, you support the one nominee that is owned by corporations, something leftist profess that they hate.

Fucking idiots!

"Trump is proven leader with an excellent track."

That is a silly statement. Trump has never won an elected position. He has never had to get along with anyone ever. He simply fires those he chooses not to do business with. He would not have that option in government. Your lack of comprehension of how government works is astonishing.

Where have I ever suggested that I support Hillary? I have not. If she gets elected it will have to be without my vote.

He's only about even with Hillary and without the negative ads (yet) or bad press so that's not too bad. What "they" are talking about is just noise for their low forehead audience.

Trump has never won an elected position. He has never had to get along with anyone ever. He simply fires those he chooses not to do business with. He would not have that option in government. Your lack of comprehension of how government works is astonishing.

Where have I ever suggested that I support Hillary? I have not. If she gets elected it will have to be without my vote.
How many skyscrapers, golf courses, stadiums have you built in politically run cities?

Trump has never won an elected position. He has never had to get along with anyone ever. He simply fires those he chooses not to do business with. He would not have that option in government. Your lack of comprehension of how government works is astonishing.

How many skyscrapers, golf courses, stadiums have you built in politically run cities?

I am not running for any office.

You missed the point.

You missed the point.

Trump has a team of lawyers work out the details in the cities he does business. His abrasive personality rarely would become an issue.

You missed the point.

Trump has a team of lawyers work out the details in the cities he does business. His abrasive personality rarely would become an issue.
What's your evidence that the lawyers seek out the jobs and make the decisions? You are just doing one reacharound after the other. Exactly why I could never be a liberal.

No, but Hillary damned sure is.

Donald Trump is, a psychopath. The following is an in-depth, backed up report proving he is unfit.

The following report contains an analysis of the current President of the United States using the 20 items from the Hare Psychopathy Checklist, the items that will be analyzed to conclude the psychopathy level of the subject are: Glib and superficial charm, grandiose self-worth, seeking stimulation/prone to boredom, pathological lying, conning and manipulation, lack of remorse or guilt, shallow affect, callousness and lack of empathy, parasitic lifestyle, poor behavioural controls, promiscuous sexual behaviour, early behaviour problems, lack of realistic long-term goals, impulsivity, irresponsibility, failure to accept responsibility for own actions, many short-term marital relationships, juvenile delinquency, revocation of condition release, criminal versatility. Using information gathered from his childhood to his current presidency from various well-known news sources, it was concluded that Donald Trump, the 45th president of the United States of America, is indeed a psychopath.

Donald Trump: Analyzed by the Hare Psychopathy Checklist

Glib and Superficial Charm

According to Robert Hare’s Psychopathy Checklist, the first category regarding psychopathic tendencies is to have ‘glib and superficial charm’. Glib and superficial charm are shown through an individual being good with their words, they know what to say and how to say it and are hardly unware of what to say. Glib and superficial charm are also spotted through an individual’s lack of shyness, and lack of filter in regards to what they say. It is no secret that Donald Trump is not a shy man, for the majority of his life he has been in the public eye as being born into the wealthy Trump family, having people listen to what he says due to his natural privilege; a white man with money. If you take a gander onto the current President’s twitter, you can see that he enjoys being able to comment on absolutely anything and everything; he is never short for something to say. For example, one of @realDonaldTrump’s most recent tweets (March 17th) is in regards to North Korea’s ‘behaviour’ towards the United States, no posts before with any relevant information – just a random tweet saying “North Korea is behaving very badly. They have been ‘playing’ the United States for years. China has done little to help!” I looked through his page to find anything as to why he would need to bring up North Korea and also bring China into it – but there was seemingly absolutely no relevant information for him to address this ‘issue’. Donald Trump has been able to smooth talk his way into the hearts of many American’s unaware of the implications of their support due to being persuaded by his strong and loud messages such as this classic quote from his Presidential campaign where he states, “We will make America strong again. We will make America proud again. We will make America safe again. And we will make American great again.” For an American whom does not pay much attention to politics, credible news sources, or the hate behind this statement – it is seen as a promise of the so called ‘American Dream’, smoothly said and boldly worded. Based on the information presented compared to the Hare Psychopathy Checklist, Donald Trump certainly has glib and superficial charm, scoring a 2 – definitely applies.

Grandiose Self-Worth

The second indicator on the Hare Psychopathy Checklist is in regards to an individual having a grandiose sense of self-worth. Similar to the attributes in the first indicator, psychopathic individuals have an opinion on every subject and love to brag about themselves in any possible way. These individuals have extremely enlarged ego’s, high confidence, extreme arrogance, and tend to consider themselves superior to other human beings. In the previous section, I quoted Donald’s twitter with an example of an opinion of his to a pretty much irrelevant at the moment matter, the President’s twitter can also be used to show how he concocts an opinion on every matter – from topics of pressing world issues to the exploitation of the personal life of others. Donald Trump’s rise to fame was largely influenced by his place on his own TV show, The Apprentice, from 2004-2015. In 2004, Trump was quoted by the Daily News in regards to the Apprentice, stating “All of the women on The Apprentice flirted with me. Consciously or not. That’s to be expected.” This proves further that Donald Trump embodies grandiose self-worth, be believes that ALL women flirting with him is to be expected, whether they know they are doing it or not – sounds more like Donald infers women to be flirting with him because he believes he is a superior man. Another example proving Mr. Trump’s feelings of grandiose self-worth pertain to him having his own board game, labelled Trump: The Game. The game invites you to enter his world of fortune, business, and fame – and thinking you are important enough to have a board game named after you. The website Brainy Quote includes a section of Donald Trump quotes, when looked at it is easy to see how highly he thinks of himself, some of these included: “People love me. And you know what, I have been very successful. Everybody loves me”, “I feel a lot of people listen to what I have to say”, and “We need a great president” – in reference to himself. Confidence is one thing to have, but having a grandiose perception of yourself, your likeability, and your greatness in comparison to others grades Trump a 2 for this section – definitely applies.

Seek Stimulation/Prone to Boredom

The third indicator of psychopathy according to the Hare Psychopathy Checklist in the individual being prone to boredom and seeking stimulation in many different varieties. These people enjoy doing new and exciting things, they will take risks with their words and take risks in their activities, never engaging in a boring activity. The most obvious example of this trait in Donald Trump is his presidential campaign, a man having absolutely no political background or experience in politics deciding to run for the leader of a country – and astonishingly winning, ironically in an interview with TIME magazine in 1987, Trump stated “I have no intention of ever running for president.” Donald running for president showed he was bored of the life he had been living, which actually included many different career choices and changes throughout his years, promoting him to take on one of the most difficult, renowned positions in the world. Besides changing his career to politics in his 60’s, he has had many other career branches throughout his life – he has been featured in over 33 television shows and movies (most often playing himself), and had worked with World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) so many times he was inducted an honorary member. Another aspect of seeking stimulation and being prone to boredom in psychopaths is provoking others – being risky in what they have to say and do. A great example of this is Donald Trump’s open criticizing and borderline harassment of pervious President Barack Obama. Trump has done many things to belittle, provoke, and unnerve Barack, including offering him to play a game of golf at any time on any of Trump’s ‘prestigious’ courses if Obama were to end his term early, and offering Obama five million dollars for his birth certificate. These things are both based on ignorant and hateful allegations, and prove that Trump will provoke the highest, most respected people, in order to stimulate himself. Another striking example of Donald Trump becoming bored easily and seeking other stimulation is the 3 marriages he had, each of which involving the birth of a child, and the first involving cheating on his spouse. Besides these specific examples, Donald Trump is openly a risk taker in what he says with easily – accessible quotes from campaign speeches where he is openly sexist, racist, and homophobic. In regards to the shocking amount of proof, Donald Trump will rate a 2 in this section, seeking stimulation and being prone to boredom definitely applies.

Pathological Lying

According to the Robert Hare Psychopathy Checklist, a person whom engages in pathological lying embodies the traits of a psychopath. These individuals have a pristine ability to lie, even under the circumstances they know they will be caught by whom they are lying to. There are many, many examples available to promote how much President Trump relates to this category, too many to include in this paper. After watching many campaign rally speeches and statements during debates, paired with information gathered from the credible PolitiFact website, it seems quite correct that PolitiFact states 70% of Donald Trump’s statements are under the false radar. On Tuesday February 7th of this year, while in meeting with sheriffs in the White House, Trump made an incorrect claim regarding the murder rate in America, he states: “The murder rate in our country is the highest it’s been in 47 years”. This is a completely false statement, after doing some research, the most recent release of homicide rates in America (2014) shows that the homicide rate is actually at a 51-year low. Another example of Donald Trump lying, seemingly to convince his supports and potential supports to vote for him through fabricated exaggerated lies, is this quote from a campaign rally in Florida on February 19th, Trump states “Look at what’s happening last night in Sweden. Sweden, who would believe this? Sweden. They took in large numbers. They’re having problems like they never thought possible.” In response to this, many people in Sweden confirmed that there indeed, was no attacks made by the recent large amounts of refugees/immigrants whom have entered their country. The former Prime Minister of Sweden responded to this stating “Sweden? Terror attack? What has he been smoking?”, along with an official Sweden tourism account called @swedense whom stated “Nothing happened here in Sweden”. After reviewing a few large, and intense lies projected by the current President, Donald Trump, it is rational to award him a 2 in this section of the psychopathy checklist.
Conning and Manipulation

The 5th aspect to be present in an individual to be indicated as a psychopath according to Hare Psychopathy Checklist is conning and manipulation. Essentially, a psychopath is able to deceive, cheat, con, trick, and defraud others for their own personal gains while having no remorse, concern, or pity for the emotions of their victims. In the previously discussed categories, conning and manipulation is imminent in the way Donald Trump acts – from manipulating his followers to believe his campaign with his smooth talk and persuasive lies, paired with intense charisma and confidence, people who do not know much about the context of the issues he speaks of, besides what he is saying, are specifically vulnerable to being further manipulated. One of the best examples proving Trump is a conman and manipulative revolves around the “Trump University”. From 2005-2011, representatives from Trump University lured thousands of people into taking courses regarding real-estate that turned out to be of absolutely no real value. One of the ad’s, in regards to a three-day seminar stated “The most celebrated entrepreneur on Earth. He’s ready to share – with Americans like you – the Trump process for investing in today’s once-in-a-lifetimes real estate market.” This sounds very promising, but for many people they were manipulated into spending thousands of dollars for absolutely nothing. In an article by The New Yorker, John Cassidy writes about Trump’s lack of admittance to his wrongdoings, and highlights Trumps release of his potential cabinet on the day the settlement of 25 million dollars was reached - in order to avoid discussion and media coverage about this scandal. The fact that Trump did not, and still has not, admitted any concern or pity for the victims of his scheme, furthermore proves that he deserves a full 2, conning and manipulation definitely applies to his personality.

Lack of Remorse/Guilt

The 6th criteria from the Hare Psychopathy Test refers to the individual having a lack of remorse or guilt. This means that regardless of what they tell you, they hardly experience emotion or concern for the implications of their actions on their victims, some may call these individuals cold-hearted. The most prime and relevant example of Donald Trump’s lack of remorse is in regards to the shooting at an LGBTQ night club in Orlando; in June of 2016, a gunman entered a gay nightclub in Orlando, opening fire and murdering 49 people and leaving 53 people murdered, the gunman claimed allegiance to the Islamic State. Very soon after this tragedy, Donald Trump took to twitter to boast his opinion online, he states “appreciate the congrats for being right on Islamic terrorism; I don’t want congrats, I want toughness and vigilance! We must be smart!” he also wrote “I said this was going to happen, and it is only going to get worse.” These responses show absolutely no empathy, remorse, or guilty for the deceased, wounded, or their friends and family. The more ironic part of his opinions are the facts that the man who committed the crime was actually a born American in New York, not an immigrant from Afghanistan as Trump stated. Besides this specific example, his lack of remorse can be noted during his time on the TV show “The Apprentice”, where he fired person after person, laughing in their faces and continuing on with life. His lack of remorse and guilt can also be shown through his removal of Obamacare and reproductive health coverage – leaving women unable to afford abortions and birth control. Based on this evidence, it can be concluded that Donald Trump may score 2, definitely applies, on the topic of lack of remorse/guilt.

Shallow Affect

The seventh category on the Hare Psychopathy checklists is labelled ‘shallow affect’. This is in regards to an individual having shallow feelings, they may seem very friendly and interested but are actually very cold. Throughout this paper so far, we have covered many examples of Donald Trump’s lack of emotion for others, lack of care, and manipulation. Trump has proven time and time again to pretend to care about a vulnerable group in society, followed by disgustingly prejudice and harsh remarks. For example, he has said “I have a great relationship with the Mexican people”, disregarding all the times he’s claimed “Mexican’s are rapists” among other racist and prejudice remarks. There is not much more to say, Trump has openly spoken on different levels of each social issue, seemingly caring about the LGBTQ community followed by contradictory policies, cuts to funding, etc. Due to lack of specific examples, it is fair to grade Donald a 1 for shallow effect on the Hare Psychopathy Checklist, meaning this somewhat applies to the way he acts.

Callousness and Lack of Empathy

The eighth category in the Hare Psychopathy Checklist is in regards to callousness and lack of empathy. Similar to categories four, five, six, and seven, this category revolves around the individual having a general lack of feelings towards other people, some may call individuals who embody this trait to be heartless, arrogant and condescending, indifferent and careless. One of the most important and relevant examples of this refers back to the same example used in categories six and seven, where Donald Trump’s social media response to the Orlando shooting was highlighted – he boasts about how he was right and shows absolutely no remorse or empathy towards the deceased, wounded, or their families. Another specific example also previously mentioned in the above similar categories is in regards to Trump’s fake University, having clearly no empathy to carry out the venture in the first place for his own personal gain. In an article by Time Magazine in November of 2016, Trump’s denial of the scam was discussed in detail, he states “usually if people have problems with something that I have, I will be inundated with letters and phone calls and other things. I received almost nothing for years from Trump University.”, besides being completely unscathed by the allegations and having no apologies for the victims, it was also noted that Trump and his team were promoting a website with an aim to discredit the former customers. The most noted example of Donald Trump’s clear lack of empathy is in regards to him being completely unable to understand why refugees exist, and why they need to come to other countries. As recently as January 28th of this year, Trump has signed an executive order to effectively suspend the entry of Syrian refugees into the USA indefinitely – his intention stating to “keep radical Islamic terrorists out of the United States.” According to an article found from CNN, all the murderous acts of jihadist terrorism since 9/11 have been implemented by American citizens or legal residents, absolutely no Syrian refugees. It’s almost as if Trump cannot see the civil war in Syria, which has sent approximately 5 million people seeking refuge in other countries, they are victims of terrorism, not the perpetrators of terrorist attacks in America. Based on the evidence discussed in this section, paired with other pieces of evidence surrounding lack of empathy towards victims of sexual violence, radicalized hate crimes, etc, President Trump receives a 2 – definitely applies.

Parasitic Lifestyle

Robert Hare’s Psychopathy test has 20 sections, to receive a mark for the ninth an individual must live a so-called ‘parasitic lifestyle’. This means that the individual will intentionally exploit and manipulate others for their own financial gain. In the fifth, seventh, and eighth categories Donald Trump’s ‘Trump University’ scam was discussed in detail, regarding his manipulative motive, and lack of empathy towards the victims of his scam. With the criteria for a ‘parasitic lifestyle’ revolving around exploiting and manipulating others for personal financial gain, there is no example better than Trump’s manipulation of others to pay thousands of dollars for classes at ‘Trump University’. Trump profited off of innocent people, who were manipulated into thinking that these classes were of real value, when in all actuality, they were not. Another example of his parasitic lifestyle goes back to 1990, when he failed to pay the construction firms and suppliers that built the (before being sold in the 2000’s, this was under his ownership) Taj Mahal hotel and casino. During this time, he spent approximately $1 million weekly on personal expenses, the Atlantic Plate Glass company was owed $1.5 million for a glass job in which Trump did not pay for, meanwhile profiting off of the Taj Mahal and spending money for himself – the APG company lost almost half a million dollars. Also, occurring in the early 90’s, Trump was extremely close with a man involved tightly with the mafia, the pair would gamble together, fly around in his helicopter, and party on each other’s yachts. As things unfolded, it became apparent that in order to keep his friend, friends of friends, and other comrades spending money on his casinos and indulging in each other’s extravagant lifestyles, Trump had employees remove black people and women from casinos and Trump Plaza. This is clear that Trump had been exploiting and discrimination others for his own personal financial gain. Using the Psychopathy Checklist, Donald Trump receives a full 2 for living a parasitic, exploitive, lifestyle.

Poor Behavioural Controls

The tenth criteria in the Hare Psychopathy Checklist lies upon the individual having poor behavioural controls. These individuals will have outbursts of negative emotions – suddenly becoming irritable, aggressive, and verbally abuse whomever the victim is. Individuals who are under the criteria for psychopathy often have sudden outbursts of temper, showing how their temperament really is, acting impulsively and hastily. If you take a look a Donald Trump’s page on the social media webpage Twitter, you’ll get to see firsthand his poor behavioural control, often making tweets about other people, verbally abusing, slandering, being aggressive and arrogant. In 2015, Trump made an aggressive tweet towards Hillary Clinton, which he later deleted, the tweet read “if Hillary Clinton can’t satisfy her husband what makes her think she can satisfy America?” Trump is notorious for having outbursts on twitter about completely random topics and random times, and then deleting them once he loses the emotion he had while tweeting. The world is in a very technologically progressive state, if you head over to google and search ‘Donald Trump angry’, you will find hundreds of articles containing scenarios where someone had called out his arrogance, did not praise him, did not acknowledge him, or accused him of something (true or not), he becomes extremely sadistic and angry each time, typically taking to Twitter to ‘vent’. A prime example of Donald Trump’s poor behavioural controls is this tweet from February 15th, 2017, in regards to the allegations that he has ties to Russia, he says “the Russian connection non-sense is merely an attempt to cover-up the many mistakes made in Hillary Clinton’s losing campaign.” Instead of dealing with the allegations in a professional, content manner, Trump becomes angry and personally attacks his opponent during his Presidential campaign, Hillary Clinton. These and other examples of Trump’s inability to control his behaviour prompt him to receive the score of a full 2 in this section of the psychopathy checklist.

Promiscuous Sexual Behaviour

The eleventh category on the Hare Psychopathy Checklist is in reference to an individual participating in promiscuous sexual behaviour. This means they may engage in many brief encounters, extra-marital affairs, and potentially be able to have multiple relationships at one time. According to the psychopathy test, these individuals often have a history of attempting to force others into sexual activity with them, they often enjoy discussing their sexual conquests. It is no secret that Donald Trump has an issue with commitment, and an issue with believing all women are flirting with him and interested – as noted in 2004 where Trump was quoted by the Daily News in regards to the Apprentice, stating “All of the women on The Apprentice flirted with me. Consciously or not. That’s to be expected.” Ironically, during his presidential campaign multiple women who have worked with him, including women who appeared on The Apprentice, have accused him of sexual assault and harassment – the most shocking allegation coming from a People magazine reporter who claims he began kissing her during a 2005 interview at his estate in Florida. Donald Trump repeatedly denies the allegations, with the most disgusting statement regarding the allegations coming from a rally in North Carolina, “as you can see, I am a victim of one of the great political smear campaigns in the history of our country. They are coming after me to destroy what is considered by even them the greatest movement in the history of our country” he stated, proudly and loudly. More ironically, he actually had bragged on a tape back in 2005, the same year he forced himself onto a People magazine reporter, about being able to grope and kiss women because of his high-status power and privilege. Another relevant piece of information to this section involves Donald cheating on his first wife, Ivana, after having an extra-marital affair with movie star Marla Maples. Donald even went as far as to creating a fake spokesperson for his company, speaking on behalf of himself as ‘John Miller’, bragging about his promiscuity and discussing the reasons in which he was cheating on Ivana – boredom. In a 1991 interview with ‘John Miller’ that the Washington Post was able to obtain, he discusses his affairs in detail, boasts about how great of a person Trump is, not only does this promote psychopathy in this section of the checklist, but in sections 2 (grandiose self-worth), 3 (seek stimulation and prone to boredom), 4 (pathological lying), 5 (conning and manipulation), 6 (lack of remorse or guilt), and 8 (callousness and lack of empathy). After reviewing the evidence for this section of the checklist, President Donald Trump has received a full 2 for engaging in promiscuous sexual behaviour.

Early Behavioural Problems

The twelfth category on the Hare Psychopathy Checklist is the individual having behavioural problems before age 13. These behavioural problems involve lying, stealing, cheating, vandalism, bullying, truancy, sexual activity, fire-setting, substance abuse, and running away from home. Also noted is individuals who are cruel to animals or siblings, which is a striking indicator of psychopathy in a child. At age 13, Donald was sent by his parents to New York Military Academy due to being a trouble maker at school. Trump admits to delinquent behaviours in his youth, writing in The Art of the Deal, “as an adolescent, I was mostly interested in creating mischief.” One of Trumps classmates, prior to being sent to military school for straightening out, claimed that because Donald received far more detentions than other people in their class, everyone would refer to detention as ‘DT’, Donny Trump. In class, Trump was often speaking whenever he felt, throwing things, etc. Although there is not much information present on specific behaviour problems Trump possessed as a child, this seemingly is enough information for him to receive a 1 in this section of the Hare Psychopathy Checklist.

Lack of Realistic, Long-Term Goals

The thirteenth section of the Hare Psychopathy Checklist calls out individuals for talking about big plans, but showing they have the inability to execute these long-term goals. These individual’s goals are often unrealistic, and bounce from direction to direction. Throughout Trump’s presidential campaign, he spewed big, ridiculous, hate driven goals to gain voters and promote himself. Some of these unrealistic promises were: building a giant wall on the entire Mexican border with Mexico paying for it, a complete stopping of Muslims entering America (which actually violates treaties and the 1st amendment), punish all companies who relocate their factories outside the US by charging new tariffs on their products (congress decides tariffs, World Trade Organization would also reject this), deport ’11 million’ undocumented immigrants – this is a made up number and an impossibly costly and timely task, planning to pay off the national debt while simultaneously promising the largest tax cut in history paired with more military spending, and the final hilarious big plan that will never happen – ensure everyone says Merry Christmas. Without going further into Donald Trump’s big ideas before he decided to run for the President of America, it is simple to see he likes to boast about big, unrealistic, impossible plans, even building his campaign on these impossible promises. Due to the intensity of his unrealistic campaign promises, he receives a full 2 in this section of the psychopathy checklist.

Impulsivity

The fourteenth criteria for the Hare Psychopathy Test is impulsivity – behaviours that are not planned, and happen in the moment. Impulsive individuals seem unable to resist temptation/urges, they often overlook the reaction of their actions, often appearing reckless and unpredictable. The best example of Trump’s impulsive behaviour are the many women whom have come forward saying he has groped and/or kissed them without their consent. Impulsive behaviour means the perpetrator overlooks the consequences of their actions, as Donald Trump seemingly could not see the issue with the outcome of kissing/groping women who did not ask to be touched by him. The late Wayne Barrett followed and covered Donald Trump for almost his entire existence, even publishing a book about him in 1992 had some things to say about the president, “Donald just has no interest in information. He has no genuine interest in policy. He operates by impulse.” Ironically, there was another leader who worked mostly on impulse an opinion, his name was Adolf Hitler, and in 1990 his first wife (Ivana, whom he cheated on and left for the woman he cheated with) told Vanity Fair that he actually kept a book of Hitler’s speeches by his bedside. It’s not hard to point out that President Trump is impulsive – from saying he would never run for president to doing just that, making hasty decisions in love and life, and spewing whatever he feels whenever he feels on twitter, it is clear he lacks impulse control and the ability to see action/reaction. Due to the information present, President Donald Trump receives a full 2 in the section of impulsivity.

Irresponsibility

The fifteenth criteria on the Hare Psychopathy Checklist is in regards to an individual being irresponsible. Individuals whom fall under this category often miss commitments or obligations such as education, employment, family, or social situations. These individuals tend to not pay their bills, dishonour contracts, and seemingly just disregard any commitment they don’t feel like making. Although there are not many instances where Trump has failed to show up for something- he loves to talk and be in the public eye, there are many instances where he has broken contracts or failed to pay bills. Mentioned earlier in the section regarding parasitic lifestyle and exploiting others for personal financial gain was the 1990 Taj Mahal scenario. Here’s a recap of the scenario: although Trump was spending $1 million a week on personal expenses, he failed to pay builders more than $60 million for the work on the Taj Mahal hotel and casino, pushing some firms into bankruptcy. Early in Trump’s presidential campaign, USA today journalist Steve Reilly published a 5-chapter exclusive under the title “Hundreds allege Donald Trump doesn’t pay his bills.” A USA today network analysis discovered that over the past three decades, Trump has been involved in over 3,500 lawsuits due to refusing to pay people for work. The first recorded instance of this behaviour dating back to the 1980’s, where Trump had an implemented $400,000 contract for work on Trump Plaza with the Edward J. Friel Company, which of course went un-payed, provoking the demise of the generational family company. All over the world, people whom have worked for Trump have filed accusations of him not paying – dishwashers, carpet companies, plumbers, painters, waiters, bartenders, resort staff, real estate brokers, and even law firms. If that isn’t enough proof, in 2007 a dishwasher named Guy Dorcinvil, whom worked at a resort in Palm Beach, filed a federal lawsuit against Trump. The lawsuit pertaining to the fact that the club failed to keep employees work time recorded properly, not paying him for his time & and a half of overtime work for a 3-year period. There are many other examples that could be spoken of, but with this amount of information it is safe to grant Donald a 2 for this section of the Hare Psychopathy Checklist.

Failure to Accept Responsibility for Own Actions

Category sixteen out of the twenty categories of the Hare Psychopathy Checklist are in reference to a person’s inability to accept responsibility for their actions. They consistently deny that they are responsible for something, even when presented with concrete evidence – they will even manipulate to convince people that they are not responsible. The most public and recent example of President Trump being unable to accept responsibility for his actions revolves around his denial of every single sexual assault and harassment allegation from multiple, emphasis on multiple, women. During these allegations, Trump took denying his responsibility for sexual assaulting women to the absolute lowest point – he called himself the victim. Trump repeatedly claimed that these allegations were completely false, fabricated to take down his campaign and destroy his movement – self-proclaimed as “the greatest movement in the history of our country.” Besides not being able to take responsibility for violating several women, he also seems unable to accept responsibility for any lawsuit – not paying people, breaking contracts, Trump University, etc. Another prime example is Trump being openly racist, proof with this quote from his campaign launch in 2015, Trump states about Mexican immigrants “They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people”. Ironically, he clearly cannot accept responsibility for being racist (other examples could be drawn from homophobic statements, sexist statements, ableism statements) with him contradictorily stating “well, I am not a racist, in fact, I am the least racist person that you’ve encountered”. With these examples, it is clear that we can award Trump a full 2 for this section of the Psychopathy Checklist.

Many Short-Term Marital Relationships

This section is in reference to the inability of a psychopath to maintain a long-term relationship because they are inconsistent and unreliable. There is concrete evidence supporting that Donald has had many short-term marital relationships, marital meaning marriage, therefore this section is referring to marriages. Donald has been married 3 times: 1. Ivana Zelnickova, whom he had three children with, and cheated on. 2. Marla Maples, the woman in which he cheated on his first wife with, in which he had one child with, their marriage lasted approximately 6 years. 3. Melania Knauss, his current wife and the first lady of the United States of America, they have one child together. There is not much information on the women Donald dated prior to his first wife, but it is known that while he was using his fake spokesperson alias ‘John Miller’ he was known to brag about cheating on his wives with whomever he wanted, whenever. With the present information, it is fair to give President Trump a 2 in this section of the Psychopathy Checklist.

Juvenile Delinquency

This section of the Hare Psychopathy Checklist refers to behavioural difficulties during the ages 13-18. Unfortunately, during this time Donald had already been removed from traditional schooling due to delinquent behaviours and had been sent to military academy. According to the Hare Psychopathy Checklist, the crimes during this age are typically manipulative. During Trump’s schooling at the military academy, he excelled as a student, leader, and athlete, almost seemingly to manipulate those around him into praising and trusting him. Without any information present, and only opinion, it is only fair to give Donald a 0 in this section.

Revocation of Condition Release

This section of the Psychopathy Checklist refers to the individual having had their probation revoked for reasons such as failing to appear, carelessness, breaking of probation, etc. As Donald has never gone to jail or actually been on a conditional release, this section is irrelevant to him, and he will receive a 0.

Criminal Versatility

The final section on the Hare Psychopathy Checklist points out the individuals’ ability to be criminal in diverse activities. These individuals tend to take pride in getting away with their crimes. Donald doesn’t boast about getting away with his frauds, scams and not paying people – but in 2005 he openly admitted that he could kiss any girl that he wanted, later to be accused by many women of kissing them when they did not want, showing he was proud of that. Due to the lack of evidence, Donald receives a 1 in this category.

Conclusion

After deeply examining the life and times of the 45th and current President of the United States using the 20 sections of the Robert Hare Psychopathy Checklist, scoring 0-2 on each section, President Donald Trump has received a score of 33/40. The Hare Psychopathy Checklist criteria states that a score over 30 implies that the person has the presence of psychopathy, this means that Donald Trump is indeed, a psychopath.

References

(2017, March 18th). Donald Trump Biography.

Retrieved from The Life Story of Donald Trump And How He Clinched The Presidency

(2017, March 18th). Donald Trump Quotes.

Retrieved from Donald Trump Quotes - BrainyQuote

(2017, March 18th). Psycho Donald.

Retrieved from Psycho Donald

(2017, March 18th). Donald Trump’s File.
Retrieved from Donald Trump's file

Alvarez, L. Hauser, C. Perez-Pena, R. (2016, June 13th). Orlando Gunman Was ‘Cool and Calm’ After Massacre, Police Say.

Retrieved from https://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/14/us/orlando-shooting.html?_r=0

Atkin, C. (2016, May 6th). Donald Trump Quotes: The 10 scariest things the presumptive Republican nominee has ever said.

Retrieved from 10 of the scariest things Donald Trump has ever said

References

Bergen, P. (2017, January 28th). Trump’s Big Mistake on Syria Refugees.

Retrived from Trump's big mistake on Syria refugees - CNN.com

Cassidy, J. (2016, November 20th). The Enduring Scandal of Trump University.

Retrieved from The Enduring Scandal of Trump University

Cassidy, J. (2017, January 20th). An Impulsive Authoritarian Populist in the White House

Retrieved from Donald Trump, the Impulsive Demagogue in the White House

Clark, K. Daugherty, G. Mulhere, K. (2016, Novemeber 18th). What to Know About the Trump University Lawsuit.

Retrieved from What to Know About the Trump University Lawsuit

Cillizza, C. (2016, May 16th). Donald Trump’s ‘John Miller’ Interview is even crazier than you think.

Retrieved from Donald Trump’s ‘John Miller’ interview is even crazier than you think

References

Diamond, J. Diaz, D. (2016, October 15th). Trump on Sexual Assault Allegations: I am a victim.

Retrieved from Donald Trump on sex assault allegations: 'I am a victim' - CNNPolitics.com

Durgin, C. (2016, March 15th). The Definitive Roundup of Trump’s Scandals and Business Failures.

Retrieved from The Definitive Roundup of Trump’s Scandals and Business Failures

Frantz, A. (2016, June 29th). What are the unrealistic ideas that Donald Trump has for if he gets elected?

Retrieved from https://www.quora.com/What-are-the-unrealistic-ideas-that-Donald-Trump-has-for-if-he-gets-elected

Goldmacher, S. (2016, June 13th). Trump to America: Be Afraid

Retrieved from Trump to America: Be afraid

Hare, R. (2017, March 18th). Notes On the Robert Hare Psychopathy Checklist – Revised.

Retrieved from Hare Psychopathy Checklist - the versions and the details

References

Jazz, D. (2016, November 11th). Trump Says He’s Not Racist, But Racists Know Better

Retrieved from http://www.dailykos.com/story/2016/11/15/1599899/-Trump-Says-He-s-Not-Racist-But-Racists-Know-Better

McMaken, R. (2016, June 15th). FBI: Homicide Rate at 51 Year Low.

Retrieved from https://mises.org/blog/fbi-us-homicide-rate-51-year-low

Reilly, S. (2017, March 18th). USA TODAY exclusive: Hundreds allege Donald Trump doesn’t pay his bills

Retrieved from http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...bills-republican-president-laswuits/85297274/

Swantek, S. (2017, February 16th). Trump Fires Off More Angry Tweets, Calling Claims of Russian Ties “A Conspiracy”.

Retrieved from http://www.cosmopolitan.com/politics/a8877896/donald-trump-tweets-russian-ties-claims-conspiracy/

No, but Hillary damned sure is.

yup

Forum List

Back