Is Donald Trump a sociopath?

• Total voters

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America

The closest thing to psychopathy or sociopathy in The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual (DSM)—the book that defines every mental illness and outlines how mental-health professionals should make the diagnosis—is either Narcissistic Personality Disorder or Antisocial Personality Disorder.

Other analysts have focused on the applicability of Narcissistic Personality Disorder, which the Mayo Clinic defines by “an inflated sense of [one’s] own importance, a deep need for admiration and a lack of empathy for others. But behind this mask of ultra-confidence lies a fragile self-esteem that’s vulnerable to the slightest criticism.” One psychologist, Ben Michaelis, called Trump “textbook Narcissistic Personality Disorder.” Psychologist George Simon called Trump “so classic that I’m archiving video clips of him to use in workshops because there’s no better example of his characteristics.”

To more wholly assess the claim of sociopathy, then, it may be more illustrative at this point to consider the Antisocial Personality Disorder side of the picture, which focuses on deceit, manipulation, disregard for the rights of others, and failure to take responsibility for one’s actions.

According to the DSM, Antisocial Personality Disorder should be diagnosed in a person who meets two criteria about the way they function in the world, and criteria about their personal traits. In the realm of the latter, the person must also demonstrate two other traits: antagonism and disinhibition.

Is Donald Trump a Sociopath?

I think it is very clear that Trump is a sociopath and completely insane.

image.jpeg
Good little Brownshirt......your hitlery salutes you....

The closest thing to psychopathy or sociopathy in The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual (DSM)—the book that defines every mental illness and outlines how mental-health professionals should make the diagnosis—is either Narcissistic Personality Disorder or Antisocial Personality Disorder.

Other analysts have focused on the applicability of Narcissistic Personality Disorder, which the Mayo Clinic defines by “an inflated sense of [one’s] own importance, a deep need for admiration and a lack of empathy for others. But behind this mask of ultra-confidence lies a fragile self-esteem that’s vulnerable to the slightest criticism.” One psychologist, Ben Michaelis, called Trump “textbook Narcissistic Personality Disorder.” Psychologist George Simon called Trump “so classic that I’m archiving video clips of him to use in workshops because there’s no better example of his characteristics.”

To more wholly assess the claim of sociopathy, then, it may be more illustrative at this point to consider the Antisocial Personality Disorder side of the picture, which focuses on deceit, manipulation, disregard for the rights of others, and failure to take responsibility for one’s actions.

According to the DSM, Antisocial Personality Disorder should be diagnosed in a person who meets two criteria about the way they function in the world, and criteria about their personal traits. In the realm of the latter, the person must also demonstrate two other traits: antagonism and disinhibition.

Yes, of course he is but let's not leave the people that carry his water off the hook either.^^^^^^^

really? on what do you base the diagnosis? I am intrigued with your ABILITY at long distance
psychiatric diagnosis. Do you think Hillary is a
sociopath? How about Bill? ----uhm---that's Clinton---but you can add in Cosby if you wish

Looking at the definitions - the definition of sociopath, the definition of psychopath, there are some clear markers in his behaviors. Whether is he or isn't is academic, though.

What he is for sure, however, is remarkably self-centered and shallow. He owns a clear, if significantly limited, set of skills that allow him to essentially maul people through the sheer force of his will. That can work in a vacuum, such as commercial real estate, but not on any kind of macro scale. On a macro scale, it simply makes him an embarrassing buffoon.

He's just the right guy at just the right time with just the right skills to be attractive to many, unfortunately.

Looking at the definitions - the definition of sociopath, the definition of psychopath, there are some clear markers in his behaviors. Whether is he or isn't is academic, though.

What he is for sure, however, is remarkably self-centered and shallow. He owns a clear, if significantly limited, set of skills that allow him to essentially maul people through the sheer force of his will. That can work in a vacuum, such as commercial real estate, but not on any kind of macro scale. On a macro scale, it simply makes him an embarrassing buffoon.

He's just the right guy at just the right time with just the right skills to be attractive to many, unfortunately.

As compared to Jeb Bush.

:lol:

Come on. Trump's appeal is simple. He's not "one of them".

As compared to Jeb Bush.

Well, that's for sure.

Trump is a genius. I've known a few in my lifetime. One was Mickey De Sadist. Brilliant punk rocker. Hilly from CBGB's. Joey Ramone briefly. We are talking individuals who are so far above the average that all you can do is revel truly in their greatness.

The Donald is just that. The awesomeness of awesomeness and he knows it and he sells it.

But underneath the bravado and the bullshit is a real man with great skills who I believe with a passion will bring America back from the brink of the third world Obama and Hillary were driving her into.

Trump will seize America back from being Merkled.

Trump are a master of magic and he will maybe 50 / 100 border into Mexico.

As compared to Jeb Bush.

Well, that's for sure.

Jeb "Mr Excitement" Bush was only running to siphon off all the cash and hand the Presidency to Hillary. The Bush family's favorite Auntie. The powers that be should never have let the twins talk about their loving aunt and uncle and how they were setting up Hillary to be the next President.

Now I'm glad they did. But boy oh boy did they make a big mistake.

:)

Sociopaths who are also intelligent----as is Trump----do not come off looking like Buffoons. I am not going to make a diagnosis----but----my---superficial sense is -----no---he is not

you lack the medical training and the time it takes to study a person up close to make that accusation.

I think all poltitions are sociopaths types. they would have to be to lie like they do.

View attachment 83875 Good little Brownshirt......your hitlery salutes you....
I would say if hitter was alive it would be lying Trump who would be good buddies with him he3 has a history of paling up with commies they lies about it

I do not think so. So far Trump has not expressed anything close to "racial supremacy" ---or malignant nationalism

seems you would be wrong it on video ...

Little early to be smoking crack.

Forum List

Back