Is climate science mattering outside of Oz?

skookerasbil

Platinum Member
Aug 6, 2009
Not the middle of nowhere
The short answer is....no.

The reality vs rhetoric is laughable. Wood burning supplies waaaaay more electricity than wind/solar worldwide. :bye1: Coal? DOMINATING....still.

So...after 20 years of the AGW nutters screaming bloody blue murder....still lOsiNg biGlY.

This will make you laugh your balls off.....

"Energy Transition" - Reality Versus Rhetoric | ZeroHedge

So where are the climate crusaders winning in the real world? Exactly nowhere...

Nobody caring about the science folks!:deal::deal:

whoops-74379556.jpg

The reality vs rhetoric is laughable. Wood burning supplies waaaaay more electricity than wind/solar worldwide. :bye1: Coal? DOMINATING....still.

So...after 20 years of the AGW nutters screaming bloody blue murder....still lOsiNg biGlY.

So where are the climate crusaders winning in the real world? Exactly nowhere...

View attachment 869331
you say that as if it is a good thing. may as well burn the only inhabitable planet we have.

Even funnier is this:

"Around 2.4 billion people worldwide (around a third of the global population) cook using open fires or inefficient stoves fuelled by kerosene, biomass (wood, animal dung and crop waste) and coal, which generates harmful household air pollution."

Household air pollution

This makes me think of all that cow poop lying in the fields here, just going to waste. If I could pick it all up and sell it to all those poor people across the oceans, I'd be a bazillionaire.

:banana:

The unseriousness of those who would "save the planet" is demonstrated day after day for those of use who are paying attention. Our own American "Climate Czar" was quoted yesterday as saying that the United States is committed to ending the burning of all hydrocarbons in the foreseeable future.

Either he is a fool or a plant, but I assure you, he does not speak for America.

Anyone who was truly dedicated to reducing greenhouse gases would be promoting the shift of electricity generation from coal to natural gas ("we" have hundreds of years of proven reserves), nuclear power, and renewables. This is the ONLY way to get it done.

But but but but Hillary said billions will die cuz manmade global climate warming change!

The unseriousness of those who would "save the planet" is demonstrated day after day for those of use who are paying attention. Our own American "Climate Czar" was quoted yesterday as saying that the United States is committed to ending the burning of all hydrocarbons in the foreseeable future.

Either he is a fool or a plant, but I assure you, he does not speak for America.

Anyone who was truly dedicated to reducing greenhouse gases would be promoting the shift of electricity generation from coal to natural gas ("we" have hundreds of years of proven reserves), nuclear power, and renewables. This is the ONLY way to get it done.
$34T in debt, can we afford a Climate Czar?

John Kerry is not a serious person...a clone of Crick and Old Rocks.

I'm laughing because I've been lingering in this forum for 14 years...watched a billion threads posted about CO2 and a "warming" planet.

Beyond bantering points in the nanosphere of the internet, has any of it impacted hydrocarbons?

Nope

Proves one thing for sure.

The planet is littered with OCD folks ( we especially know this after COVID 🤡 )...year after year after year after year after year. Colorful graphs...maps..."peer reviewed"..."consensus"....

None of it has mattered for shit...yuk...yuk...

IMG_20221121_083250139.jpg

View attachment 869331
Burning Biomass for energy is carbon neutral. Burning it releases the carbon back into the atmosphere that they captured while alive. Just like most all living creatures you and I are carbon sinks.

The old Dietz #20 Junior cold blast oil lantern is still lighting the homes of developing nations.

My garage is a "developing nation." I still have 1920's era Aladdin lamps, a 1930's Perfection heater, and a 1980's Dyna-Glo heater, all running on kerosene. It could get down to 20 below here and the garage would still be a balmy 80 degrees. I live in an area that heavily-populated by Amish, so I can get kerosene from the pump at a Cenex gas station for about $5 per gallon.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

My garage is a "developing nation." I still have 1920's era Aladdin lamps, a 1930's Perfection heater, and a 1980's Dyna-Glo heater, all running on kerosene. It could get down to 20 below here and the garage would still be a balmy 80 degrees. I live in an area that heavily-populated by Amish, so I can get kerosene from the pump at a Cenex gas station for about $5 per gallon.

View attachment 869351

View attachment 869352

View attachment 869353

Take a bow.....

Nobody cares

I mess with mostly "Barn Lanterns"......I'm up to 40-odd now.

The best modern rendition is the Kirkland #2. Pretty expensive for a oil lantern at $95.00 but for safe indoor lighting it's hard to beat. I found two (never fired) at a yard sale for $5 bucks each. ;)

For a smaller lantern the Feuerhand 276 is top notch.....I use them for night fishing.

LOL....I have a West German .mil wooden box that held 6 of them in their own compartments, they were in use into the 1980s.

Take a bow.....

Nobody cares

Nor do I care, that's why I burn all that kerosene.

Sometimes I even open the garage door, just to see if I can raise the earth's temperature 0.2 degrees and drown 20 more polar bears.

I hate polar bears but worst of all I hate pandas. Those things are so fucking stupid they shouldn't be allowed to live.

Forum List

Back