Is anyone else tired of this?

roadhouse158

Sep 17, 2006
North Carolina
I was reading an AP report and this is what it said

A revolt by GOP senators, who have written their own proposal giving terror detainees more rights than the administration wants, has embarrassed the White House at a time when Republicans want to use their security policies as a main platform in November's congressional elections.

Why is the sentence has embarrassed the White House at a time when Republicans want to use their security policies as a main platform in November's congressional elections. included in there??? This isn't an In My Opinion article. This is a news report. Why is it embarassing for politicians to talk out their differences? I thought this was what they were supposed to do. Not everyone is right(correct) about everything. That's why we have a Pres, and a Congress. If we do what the Pres wants then it's "he's conseited, unwilling to compromise" and when the White House is willing to compromise then it's an "embarrasment". I swear I think journalist should be charged with slander for remarks like that. Can anyone just report what is happening? Not their feelings of the situation? This, sadly enough, does sway peoples opinions who don't follow politics. Any opinions?

I was reading an AP report and this is what it said

A revolt by GOP senators, who have written their own proposal giving terror detainees more rights than the administration wants, has embarrassed the White House at a time when Republicans want to use their security policies as a main platform in November's congressional elections.

Why is the sentence has embarrassed the White House at a time when Republicans want to use their security policies as a main platform in November's congressional elections. included in there??? This isn't an In My Opinion article. This is a news report. Why is it embarassing for politicians to talk out their differences? I thought this was what they were supposed to do. Not everyone is right(correct) about everything. That's why we have a Pres, and a Congress. If we do what the Pres wants then it's "he's conseited, unwilling to compromise" and when the White House is willing to compromise then it's an "embarrasment". I swear I think journalist should be charged with slander for remarks like that. Can anyone just report what is happening? Not their feelings of the situation? This, sadly enough, does sway peoples opinions who don't follow politics. Any opinions?

Exactly why there is little respect left for the media.

The scary part? Some people believe EVERYTHING they read, if they see it in print, well, it just has to be true.

The schools are turning out both the new breed of journalist, and the "sheep", that believe everything they read.

We truly are doomed................:boohoo:

Forum List

Back