CDZ Is America the greatest nation on Earth?

Is America the greatest nation on Earth?

• Total voters

DonaldReagan

Rookie
May 19, 2017
I know that America is without a doubt the greatest nation in the history of mankind, because of capitalism, freedom, and the principles the Founders believed in. However, I'd like to hear both sides.

No choice for "don't know"?

Yanno those "best of (insert city)" polls run by local publications?

There's one in New Orleans (and maybe others) that includes the category "best place to have a baby" :uhh:
This question reminds me of that. You'd have to literally experience every country (or every hospital) to answer either one.

Far as I'm concerned the "best" country on earth is whatever one I'm in at the moment. I make the most of it.

I know that America is without a doubt the greatest nation in the history of mankind, because of capitalism, freedom, and the principles the Founders believed in. However, I'd like to hear both sides.
You sound really brainwashed.

sure its the greatest since inception . Going downhill these last 40-50 years though . Too many laws , rules , regulation at all levels since i first noticed in 1964 or 1965 when i noticed government infringements on my personal Freedom . Plus the USA government has its own goals outside of what the USA Citizens want Donald .

You sound really brainwashed.

You, Democrats and Stalin have a lot in common... Putin would gladly pat your head..

11063635_10204541453476412_5989068899810593492_n.jpg

Okay, so how many other countries have you visited for comparison? I've been to about 55, that's about 1/4 of the world and people think I've traveled a lot.

Far as I'm concerned the "best" country on earth is whatever one I'm in at the moment. I make the most of it.
Why don't you make Haiti the "best country on earth" then?

Haiti? Why Haiti?
One of my best and most trusted friends is Haitian. It could happen.
Too hot though.

Last edited:
Also, there is no best nation on Earth, different nations have different good and bad attributes, each nation has people who are more comfortable or less comfortable with those good and bad attributes.

Okay, so how many other countries have you visited for comparison? I've been to about 55, that's about 1/4 of the world and people think I've traveled a lot.

Zackly --- if you're going to declare one is "without doubt" the "greatest" whatever that means, you'd have to be well-versed in every possible alternative. You'd need to intelligently compare Bhutan with Paraguay. Kind of a mindless emotional-fluff question.

Also, there is no best nation on Earth, different nations have different good and bad attributes, each nation has people who are more comfortable or less comfortable with those good and bad attributes.

I figure most Democrats feel the way you do.

There's one in New Orleans (and maybe others) that includes the category "best place to have a baby" :uhh:
This question reminds me of that. You'd have to literally experience every country (or every hospital) to answer either one.

Pogo touches on a fair point. Best country at what? There has to be some definition of what you're measuring to determine which is the best. I'd say it is safe to declare that the US sets the world standard in many areas, but will never be able to achieve the standards set by other countries in certain areas because of its sheer size and diversity.

You seem to be hung up on this "Democrats" thing in a question that doesn't involve political parties.

So I see your point. The US truly is the greatest nation on earth in terms of political partisan obsession. :thup:

Pogo touches on a fair point. Best country at what? There has to be some definition of what you're measuring to determine which is the best. I'd say it is safe to declare that the US sets the world standard in many areas, but will never be able to achieve the standards set by other countries in certain areas because of its sheer size and diversity.

Best at invading, best at expensive healthcare, best at baseball and basketball, best at having a border with Canada....

You seem to be hung up on this "Democrats" thing in a question that doesn't involve political parties.

So I see your point. The US truly is the greatest nation on earth in terms of political partisan obsession. :thup:

It does as soon as I made my observation and you were affected by it... :eusa_whistle:

Democrats .. always trying to suppress free speech in America, then they wonder why they feel America isn't the best.

Last edited:

It does as soon as I made my observation and you were affected by it... :eusa_whistle:

That's because I'm laser-focused. I sense thread deflections wid a quickness. :rock:

Best at invading, best at expensive healthcare, best at baseball and basketball, best at having a border with Canada....

Yeah, beisbol. That's what I was thinking.

and then there's --- fake wrestling...
And Commodity fetishism....
Way too big cars...
Arrogance....
---- and probably (educated guess) we must lead the world in describing ourselves as "the greatest".

Sounds like somebody doesn't like this country much. Funny, you seemed to be much more positive about things 12 months ago. Did the US suddenly get better at invading or expensive healthcare. Since the orange clown became POTUS the US has not invaded anywhere, and healthcare hasn't changed. Whose your beef with?

Best in terms of places I'd like to live?

I'm somewhat a stick in the mud but lets see if I can come up with 10 countries which if I had to relocate would bum me out the least...

Canada
Australia
New Zealand
England
France
Japan
Norway
Sweden
Finland
Switzerland

The U.S. is more in control of its own destiny than any of the above thanks to our military might so I guess we're "better" in that regard. That is almost due to geographic isolation and size though.

Forum List

Back