Irony (in Christian Terms)

According to this hares DO infact reingest some of their food, not exactly like cows do, though:

Does the hare really chew cud? - Come Reason Ministries

Ah, well -- it seems to me that this is a bit of a stretch. The ancient Hebrews raised cattle among other herd animals and they knew what cud-chewing meant; some critter that grabs proto-poop from its own ass and swallows it whole refers neither to cud nor to chewing.

In any case, rabbits also don't have solid hoofs, so the passage from Leviticus was wrong on both points. My best guess is that the author intended to say that the hare was unclean because it DID have a cloven hoof but did NOT ruminate, and both were required; this was an error in transcription and it got repeated by a lazy copier down the road in Deuteronomy and was never corrected. In practice it doesn't matter, because the idea is that they weren't supposed to eat anything that didn't BOTH chew the cud AND have a cloven hoof, and the rabbit is properly on the no-eat list even if the specifics are wrong here. It just calls the infallibility of the Bible into question.

According to this hares DO infact reingest some of their food, not exactly like cows do, though:

Does the hare really chew cud? - Come Reason Ministries

Ah, well -- it seems to me that this is a bit of a stretch. The ancient Hebrews raised cattle among other herd animals and they knew what cud-chewing meant; some critter that grabs proto-poop from its own ass and swallows it whole refers neither to cud nor to chewing.

In any case, rabbits also don't have solid hoofs, so the passage from Leviticus was wrong on both points. My best guess is that the author intended to say that the hare was unclean because it DID have a cloven hoof but did NOT ruminate, and both were required; this was an error in transcription and it got repeated by a lazy copier down the road in Deuteronomy and was never corrected. In practice it doesn't matter, because the idea is that they weren't supposed to eat anything that didn't BOTH chew the cud AND have a cloven hoof, and the rabbit is properly on the no-eat list even if the specifics are wrong here. It just calls the infallibility of the Bible into question.

Most of the people who talk about Biblical infallibility restrict it to the original text, not to translations.

What laws do the evil break ?

What laws do childrten break against their parents ?

Not all Christians believe in a firery place of torment .that kinda cointradicts God being loving and just no ?

You can't pick and choose what part of the bible you want to believe in. Argue about the trinity all you want, such is a matter of denominational interpretation, but the bible is clear about what the wages of sin is. If you don't believe in hell you might as well have just said that you don't believe in salvation either.

To understand the term hell you have to trace it's roots in both Hebrew and Greek the term is represented by Sheol, Hades and Gehenna they all represent Hell which is described as the world of the dead and and where people sleep and their thoughts are no more. In other words it is the grave of mankind.

It is eternal judgment unless you're resurrected from there which many will be.

Then the grave some day will be no more that is why it say's in the book of revelation that death and hell was cast into the lake of fire, pointing out the fact that they will exist no more because there will be no more death.

Rev 21:4 And God will wipe away all tears from their eyes. And there will be no more death, nor mourning, nor crying out, nor will there be any more pain; for the first things passed away.

Now to look at death and hell.

Rev 6:8 And I looked, and behold, a pale horse. And the name of him sitting on it was Death, and Hell followed with him. And authority was given to them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with the sword and with hunger and with death and by the beasts of the earth.

Rev 20:13 And the sea gave up the dead in it. And death and hell delivered up the dead in them. And each one of them was judged according to their works.

Rev 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the Lake of Fire. This is the second death.

Can you see the symbolism ?
They are thrown into the lake of fire, and exist there forever, Bible says!! Don't try to sugar coat it. The Bible is clear about eternity in torment in the lake of fire.

You can't pick and choose what part of the bible you want to believe in. Argue about the trinity all you want, such is a matter of denominational interpretation, but the bible is clear about what the wages of sin is. If you don't believe in hell you might as well have just said that you don't believe in salvation either.

To understand the term hell you have to trace it's roots in both Hebrew and Greek the term is represented by Sheol, Hades and Gehenna they all represent Hell which is described as the world of the dead and and where people sleep and their thoughts are no more. In other words it is the grave of mankind.

Then the grave some day will be no more that is why it say's in the book of revelation that death and hell was cast into the lake of fire, pointing out the fact that they will exist no more because there will be no more death.

Rev 21:4 And God will wipe away all tears from their eyes. And there will be no more death, nor mourning, nor crying out, nor will there be any more pain; for the first things passed away.

Rev 6:8 And I looked, and behold, a pale horse. And the name of him sitting on it was Death, and Hell followed with him. And authority was given to them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with the sword and with hunger and with death and by the beasts of the earth.

Rev 20:13 And the sea gave up the dead in it. And death and hell delivered up the dead in them. And each one of them was judged according to their works.

Rev 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the Lake of Fire. This is the second death.

They are thrown into the lake of fire, and exist there forever, Bible says!! Don't try to sugar coat it. The Bible is clear about eternity in torment in the lake of fire.

Wrong,the lake of fire represents eternal destruction. Everything cast into that lake will never exist in any form again. death,graves,false prophets,the evil,satan and the fallen angels will be cast into the lake of fire. Their separation from God ,their torment ,they are no more for the rest of eternity.

2Pe 3:7 But the present heavens and the earth being kept in store by the same Word, are being kept for fire until the day of judgment and destruction of ungodly men.

Mat 7:13 Go in through the narrow gate, for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and many there are who go in through it.
Mat 7:14 Because narrow is the gate and constricted is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.

I'm not sugar coating anything, i am presenting you with the actual meaning of the scriptures.

All you have shown by your comments is your poor understanding of the scriptures.

Last edited:
Why would God wish to surround himself in heaven with sinners who shit on him while they lived, who denied his presence, who viewed the sacrifice of not only His son but of all the apostles (save one) and the subsequent martyrs and others who died for the faith as silly, unnedcessary, and not worth their trouble?

God is righteous, he has given us plenty of warning about the wages of sin, and have provided us with a choice....eternity with him in heaven, or an eternity in hell.

You pick, your decision, the consquesnces lie with you. Heaven will be devoid of pain, of suffering, of sorrow, and hate. You can't have that if you allow all the assholes in who refused to accept salvation on earth and went out of their way to make people miserable down here.

Most of the people who talk about Biblical infallibility restrict it to the original text, not to translations.

Most people who use that argument also provide proof that the translation is faulty.

Besides, your statement is incorrect.

As far as I can tell, a good portion of the people going out of their way to make people miserable down here are people who think that all the answers to life's questions can be found in a "holy" book. To be surrounded by these people for an eternity would be cruel and unusual punishment (aka hell).

Wrong,the lake of fire represents eternal destruction. Everything cast into that lake will never exist in any form again. death,graves,false prophets,the evil,satan and the fallen angels will be cast into the lake of fire. Their separation from God ,their torment ,they are no more for the rest of eternity.

2Pe 3:7 But the present heavens and the earth being kept in store by the same Word, are being kept for fire until the day of judgment and destruction of ungodly men.

Mat 7:13 Go in through the narrow gate, for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and many there are who go in through it.
Mat 7:14 Because narrow is the gate and constricted is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.

I'm not sugar coating anything, i am presenting you with the actual meaning of the scriptures.

All you have shown by your comments is your poor understanding of the scriptures.
Keep thinking that o lost one. Lake of fire is literal, not a metaphor. I am willing to bet my understanding of the Bible is probably more accurate than you think. The Bible says unbelievers will suffer forever, pretty clear. Nonbelievers always try to dispute it because they refuse to see the truth.

Keep thinking that o lost one. Lake of fire is literal, not a metaphor. I am willing to bet my understanding of the Bible is probably more accurate than you think. The Bible says unbelievers will suffer forever, pretty clear. Nonbelievers always try to dispute it because they refuse to see the truth.

The reasoning that escapes you are that God is love and God is just .can you tell me how non ending pain and suffering and torment is what a loving and just and merciful God will do to unbelievers ?

Rev 20:11 And I saw a great white throne, and Him sitting on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away. And a place was not found for them.
Rev 20:12 And I saw the dead, the small and the great, stand before God. And books were opened, and another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. And the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
Rev 20:15 And if anyone was not found having been written in the Book of Life, he was cast into the Lake of Fire.

Why would it say at Rev 20:14 death and hell was cast into the lake of fire ? Then the very next thing said was "this is the second death" ? The torment is separation from God and day and night and forever more they are separated. Of course the lake of fire represents eternal destruction..

2Pe 2:1 But there were also false prophets among the people, even as there will be false teachers among you, who secretly will bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Master who bought them, bringing on themselves swift destruction.

2Th 1:9 who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power,

Destruction

G684
ἀπώλεια
apōleia
ap-o'-li-a
From a presumed derivative of G622; ruin or loss (physical, spiritual or eternal): - damnable (-nation), destruction, die, perdition, X perish, pernicious ways, waste.

Yes you have a very poor understanding what the torment means spoken of.

As far as I can tell, a good portion of the people going out of their way to make people miserable down here are people who think that all the answers to life's questions can be found in a "holy" book. To be surrounded by these people for an eternity would be cruel and unusual punishment (aka hell).

No ,not all questions of life are answered in the bible it's a guide in to living a good life and a way to get to know the Almighty.

Yes and you have the same poor understanding of what hell is as Americanfirst ,As has been shown.

Forum List

Back