Iron Mike Tyson Can Fight In Confined Spaces

Had Tyson not ducked Holyfield for years, and fought Holy at his prime, it could be a different result. But still, Holyfield is a warrior, unseen since the times of Spartacus. So it would have been a great fight. I think Tyson could have won at his prime.

But reality shows that Holyfield knocked Tyson out. And dominated the 2nd fight. He bit Holy's ear out of desperation because he's a warrior too. In the arena, it would have been great. But not in the boxing ring.

Had Tyson not ducked Holyfield for years, and fought Holy at his prime, it could be a different result. But still, Holyfield is a warrior, unseen since the times of Spartacus. So it would have been a great fight. I think Tyson could have won at his prime.

But reality shows that Holyfield knocked Tyson out. And dominated the 2nd fight. He bit Holy's ear out of desperation because he's a warrior too. In the arena, it would have been great. But not in the boxing ring.

The late, highly respected former boxing trainer and commentator Gil Clancy, who observed Tyson dating back to his amateur days, once noted that a big part of Tysons ring personna was intimidation, and Holyfield was impossible to intimidate.

Many of Tysons opponents were so frightened of him, that when they got in the ring, they just wanted to get knocked out and go home.

Remember Michael Spinks, walking to the ring to fight Tyson and talking out loud saying,
"I'm going to give it all I've got"?

That sounds like a guy who was expecting to lose.
He only lasted 91 seconds.

Forum List

Back