Interesting Questionaire for Palestinian Advocates

I will. I would list each question with an answer, but I believe that in all honesty the only answer there is to any or all of them is "none". I am greatly offended that I have been left out of your list, though. Hehe.

But, wait for it, wait for it . . . . . and you know who will soon be here . . . .

you're there at the end

Hi Aris! He wasn't there orginially, I had to add him on after he pointed it out to me and by the way, I don't know how I missed adding you on that list but I missed it. Sorry about that!

don't worry about it.

As always, I am asking that anyone who responds to this questionaire would do so in a thoughtful and polite manner. This is a subject that needs to be addressed in order to come to some foundational truths. Nevertheless, let us stay on topic and discuss the matter as it pertains to advocates of Israel and advocates of Palestinians. Thank you.

The following is a questionaire that was put together by an author who I had the pleasure of meeting many years ago. They have written many great articles on subject matter addressing middle east conflicts. Here is the questionaire ......I will only put a small portion of the full questionaire up and you all can click the link to read it in its' entirety. Thanks for reading!

AN_INTERESTING_QUESTIONNAIRE_FOR_PALESTINIAN_ADVOCATES

If you are so sure that "Palestine”, the country, goes back through most of recorded history, I expect you to be able to answer a few basic questions about Palestine:

1. When was it founded and by whom?
1924, League of Nations

2. What were its borders?
Palestine has international borders with Lebanon, Syria, Jordan, and Egypt

Jerusalem

Jaffa, Haifa, Acca, Jerusalem

Free market, mostly agriculture

6. What was its form of government?
British occupation. Britain prevented the formation of a government.

7. Can you name at least one Palestinian leader before Arafat?
Good question. Anyone who poked his head up was jailed, exiled, or killed by the British.

Show me ONE link that says Palestine was founded in 1924

Palestine does not have international borders. Israel has internationally recognized borders with Egypt and Jordan.
How can Palestine have a border with Lebanon if no part of the Palestinian Territories touches it??

Show me a link that says Britain prevented the formation of a government.

As always, I am asking that anyone who responds to this questionaire would do so in a thoughtful and polite manner. This is a subject that needs to be addressed in order to come to some foundational truths. Nevertheless, let us stay on topic and discuss the matter as it pertains to advocates of Israel and advocates of Palestinians. Thank you.

The following is a questionaire that was put together by an author who I had the pleasure of meeting many years ago. They have written many great articles on subject matter addressing middle east conflicts. Here is the questionaire ......I will only put a small portion of the full questionaire up and you all can click the link to read it in its' entirety. Thanks for reading!

If you are so sure that "Palestine”, the country, goes back through most of recorded history, I expect you to be able to answer a few basic questions about Palestine:

1924, League of Nations

Palestine has international borders with Lebanon, Syria, Jordan, and Egypt

Jerusalem

Jaffa, Haifa, Acca, Jerusalem

Free market, mostly agriculture

British occupation. Britain prevented the formation of a government.

Good question. Anyone who poked his head up was jailed, exiled, or killed by the British.

Mandate began in 1920, but Britain had controled the land since 1918. Transjordan was recognized in 1923.
Economy under the mandate declined, especially of arab agriculture.
Leaders of the high committee were Raghib al-Nashashibi, Amin al-Husayni, Ahmed Hilmi Pasha, Abdul Latif Bey Es-Salah, Mr. Alfred Roke, Jamal eff. el-Husseini, Dr. Hsein Khaldhi, Ya'cub Bey el-Ghussein, Mr. Fuad Saba.

That is pretty much the way I understood it. Britain occupied Palestine while it was still under Turkish sovereignty. During that time it did the prep work for its mandate. But it could not officially become the mandate until Palestine was released from Turkey in 1924.

I couldn't think of any Palestinian leaders offhand but I recognized some of those you mentioned as being in the All Palestine Government of 1948.

It's a fascinating discussion and I have to tell you my own thoughts are more along the line of GISMY's because we are of a like mind on Israel. But I've learned a great deal from reading this thread tonight. I'm grateful for ya'll. I truly am.

Last edited:
Israel has always been willing to give land for peace. Israel gave back land to Egypt in exchange for peace. They are willing to give the Palestinians land in exchange for peace. But Hamas doesn't want peace, they are a death cult....

Zander, that baby in your avatar is absolutely darling! I love that photo! I believe you are right in that Israel has always sought to find a way to be at peace with her neighbors and also those who sought refuge there. She has been wonderful when considering the medical needs of other peoples, the arabs, the people even over in Ethiopia! Many nations medical doctors from Israel have done their very best for and their generosity has not gone un-noticed by Americans such as myself. On the subject of the land - it was an interesting point the author made that I am wondering - could someone answer it point for point? Fill in the "blanks" so to speak? I do not know. We shall see.

I think Cuba has more doctors working outside of country than Israel. That does go un-noticed.

I didn't realize the difference in population but someone pointed that out, George so that might be why. I also wanted to be sure to comment that the baby in your avatar is just precious! I love babies!

>>But it could not officially become the mandate until Palestine was released from Turkey in 1924.<<

1924 was the New Republic under Ataturk. The rest of the ottoman empire land was lost at the end of WWI.

Don't know history, don't make up answers and mislead others.
I think everyone has figured out that you don't have the highest IQ or cumulative knowledge in the room. Stick with what you do know. When you don't know, try asking instead of pretending you do know, or before answering check facts online.

I do agree, Daniyel, these people most definitely deserve a home of their own. Their suffering has gone on far too long. It is heartbreaking. As their brethren control 99.6% of the middle east I am sure one of those arab lands can help them to return and get settled in a place they can flourish and be happy in. I wish them the best.

Why? Their so-called "brethran" represent a variety of nationalities and ethnic groups. The only thing they may have in common in some cases is their religion. That was one of the big mistakes in the Partition of India - thinking that because the Bengali's happened to be Muslim, they belonged with Pakistan, yet they were culturally very different from the Pakistanis. Hence, eventually, the formation of Bangladesh.

Why would you want to forceably relocate people who's families have lived there, in some cases, as long as some of the Jews? That's known as Ethnic Cleansing.

They have a right to live where they live and to have a state of their own. It's the only just solution.

Peace has always been the goal of Israel. They want peace and have traded land for peace. It is in their own self interest to have peace!

Unfortunately, the death cult that rules Gaza does not want peace. They want Israel destroyed.

3. What was its capital?

4. What were its major cities?

5. What constituted the basis of its economy?

[MENTION=45621]1776[/MENTION] , [MENTION=36422]blackhawk[/MENTION], [MENTION=49937]Daniyel[/MENTION] [MENTION=20411]ForeverYoung436[/MENTION], [MENTION=42952]GISMYS[/MENTION] , [MENTION=17047]Godboy[/MENTION] [MENTION=46353]GreenBean[/MENTION] , [MENTION=20204]Kondor3[/MENTION] , [MENTION=35577]MJB12741[/MENTION] , [MENTION=45791]Mojo2[/MENTION] , [MENTION=20102]mudwhistle[/MENTION] , [MENTION=17668]Peach[/MENTION] , [MENTION=39618]proudveteran06[/MENTION] , [MENTION=26838]Ropey[/MENTION] , [MENTION=35716]SAYIT[/MENTION] , [MENTION=50178]Sgt_Gath[/MENTION] , [MENTION=40539]skye[/MENTION] , [MENTION=29246]The Irish Ram[/MENTION] , [MENTION=39069]toastman[/MENTION] , [MENTION=23239]westwall[/MENTION] [MENTION=36253]Sally[/MENTION], [MENTION=20947]The Rabbi[/MENTION], [MENTION=49464]teddyearp[/MENTION] ! ! !

A small invitation list from those that I thought might want to participate in the discussion. Anyone is welcome to share here!

I never thought it was a country, just an ungoverned "territory" owned by the British. I hear the land was pretty much a wasteland before with actually very few inhabitants because it was harsh. So, considering that is how I feel, I really can't answer those questions.

3. What was its capital?

[MENTION=45621]1776[/MENTION] , [MENTION=36422]blackhawk[/MENTION], [MENTION=49937]Daniyel[/MENTION] [MENTION=20411]ForeverYoung436[/MENTION], [MENTION=42952]GISMYS[/MENTION] , [MENTION=17047]Godboy[/MENTION] [MENTION=46353]GreenBean[/MENTION] , [MENTION=20204]Kondor3[/MENTION] , [MENTION=35577]MJB12741[/MENTION] , [MENTION=45791]Mojo2[/MENTION] , [MENTION=20102]mudwhistle[/MENTION] , [MENTION=17668]Peach[/MENTION] , [MENTION=39618]proudveteran06[/MENTION] , [MENTION=26838]Ropey[/MENTION] , [MENTION=35716]SAYIT[/MENTION] , [MENTION=50178]Sgt_Gath[/MENTION] , [MENTION=40539]skye[/MENTION] , [MENTION=29246]The Irish Ram[/MENTION] , [MENTION=39069]toastman[/MENTION] , [MENTION=23239]westwall[/MENTION] [MENTION=36253]Sally[/MENTION], [MENTION=20947]The Rabbi[/MENTION], [MENTION=49464]teddyearp[/MENTION] ! ! !

A small invitation list from those that I thought might want to participate in the discussion. Anyone is welcome to share here!

I never thought it was a country, just an ungoverned "territory" owned by the British. I hear the land was pretty much a wasteland before with actually very few inhabitants because it was harsh. So, considering that is how I feel, I really can't answer those questions.

" Palestine" was never a Country; It is a territory

3. What was its capital?

The British never owned Palestine.

If you are so sure that "Palestine&#8221;, the country, goes back through most of recorded history, I expect you to be able to answer a few basic questions about Palestine:

3. What was its capital?

The answer to all of the above questions is "none."

At best, the area now composing modern Israel and Palestine was a grouping of provinces under the Ottoman, and then British, empires. There has never been an exclusively "Palestinian" state, nor has there ever been an exclusively "Palestinian" culture or people.

The entire concept is forced and artificial in the extreme.

Last edited:
I do agree, Daniyel, these people most definitely deserve a home of their own. Their suffering has gone on far too long. It is heartbreaking. As their brethren control 99.6% of the middle east I am sure one of those arab lands can help them to return and get settled in a place they can flourish and be happy in. I wish them the best.

Why? Their so-called "brethran" represent a variety of nationalities and ethnic groups. The only thing they may have in common in some cases is their religion. That was one of the big mistakes in the Partition of India - thinking that because the Bengali's happened to be Muslim, they belonged with Pakistan, yet they were culturally very different from the Pakistanis. Hence, eventually, the formation of Bangladesh.

Why would you want to forceably relocate people who's families have lived there, in some cases, as long as some of the Jews? That's known as Ethnic Cleansing.

They have a right to live where they live and to have a state of their own. It's the only just solution.

Let consider California, farmers hire mexican labor for harvesting. Some become share croppers on the land, other move from farm to farm. Land is sold to a new owner, so do the share croppers have the right to claim the land as their's or that the sale was null and void? Do they have the right to deny the new owns the right to live on the land or build a factory instead of a farm? Should the new owners not be allowed to hire who they want to work the land, or must they keep the former workers? If they tell the mexicans to move, does that mean the workers should start a local war with the owners, start fires, throw rocks, bomb buildings, riot, kidnap, kill because they object to the new owners and their plans for the land? Even if they mexicans have worked those farms for several generations, does that given them more rights than the new owners? Should the mexicans be allowed to annex then land and claim it for mexico? should they legally be allowed as non-citizens to go on welfare and be paid by the tax payers to wage war on the land owners? Should the mexicans be smuggling weapons or building illegal tunnels under the borders? Should the mexican workers demand California create a state for them? Should they demand that LA or Sacramento be given to them as their capital?

Let me answer first, GISMY. After careful review of the questions the author poses I am thoroughly convinced that the only people who have a legitimate claim to Israel / Palestine and this would include all of Jerusalem - would be the Jews. Only the Jews have the right to that land - that is the conclusion I come to. Based on all the evidence I have seen and what I already know about the history of Israel which spans back to 4,000 years ago. - Jeremiah

Jeremiah, do you realize that by that logic the ONLY people that have a legitimate claim to North America are the native American tribes?

Let consider California, farmers hire mexican labor for harvesting. Some become share croppers on the land, other move from farm to farm. Land is sold to a new owner, so do the share croppers have the right to claim the land as their's or that the sale was null and void? Do they have the right to deny the new owns the right to live on the land or build a factory instead of a farm? Should the new owners not be allowed to hire who they want to work the land, or must they keep the former workers? If they tell the mexicans to move, does that mean the workers should start a local war with the owners, start fires, throw rocks, bomb buildings, riot, kidnap, kill because they object to the new owners and their plans for the land? Even if they mexicans have worked those farms for several generations, does that given them more rights than the new owners? Should the mexicans be allowed to annex then land and claim it for mexico? should they legally be allowed as non-citizens to go on welfare and be paid by the tax payers to wage war on the land owners? Should the mexicans be smuggling weapons or building illegal tunnels under the borders? Should the mexican workers demand California create a state for them? Should they demand that LA or Sacramento be given to them as their capital?

The situation is really not comparable Aris. Many of the Palestinians have been there as long as the Jews - thousands of years. Many Jews are of comparatively recent immigrations. To compare them to immigrant workers is unsound and, frankly inhumane.

Are you advocating ethnic cleansing of the West Bank and Gaza?

3. What was its capital?

The answer to all of the above questions is "none."

At best, the area now composing modern Israel and Palestine was a grouping of provinces under the Ottoman, and then British, empires. There has never been an exclusively "Palestinian" state, nor has there ever been an exclusively "Palestinian" culture or people.

The entire concept is forced and artificial in the extreme.

And Israel ceased to exist in 722 BCE - recreated in the same forced and artificial way. I'm not denying it's right to exist by the way. I'm simply saying we have to deal with what is here and now - Israel was recreated - born I might add of terrorism and dreams. It has existed now for several generations, and it is not going to disappear. But neither are the people displaced by it's creation and it's assumption of occupied territories. There is a responsibility for and a need for justness here - not a greedy usurption of lands and a displaced stateless people. They deserve their own state - not to be forceably moved to some other country.

According to me? How on earth do you derive that?

What I said is that the Palestinians have as much right to a homeland as the Jews do and basing rights on who was around thousands of years ago is ridiculous.
You missed the important part, the fact Palestinians been here before Israel doesn't apply as much as Jews doesn't apply, this goes both directions except the UN voted for the state of Israel, but not over a state of Palestinians - all the so called occupied territories belong to Israel NOW and ever since they were exchanged by their legal owners (Egypt, Jordan) - the Palestinians no long have claim on the land which is now Israel because they are simply not Israelis, of course they deserve a homeland and even a state - but not in Israel.

That's legally debatable. But, if indeed all those territories belong to Israel, than so do the Palestinian people. They need to be given full Israeli citizenship and rights.

No, this is definitely wrong, they have all the rights to have Palestinian citizenship in the state of Palestine which still doesn't exist, this is the core issue.
I don't ask for Egyptian citizenship because I'm simply not Egyptian, they cannot ask for Israeli citizenship because they are simply not Israelis.
Discussing the borders doesn't change the fact, this is territory of the state of Israel, but not the state of Palestine.
[MENTION=19170]Coyote[/MENTION]

[MENTION=19170]Coyote[/MENTION]: While you make some points, I would respectfully ask you to do some more research into the situation now as even you have asked. I came here with an open mind only . . . not so long ago and have read and read and read and learned much more about this conflict from posts from both sides; Indofred, Daniyel, P F Tinmore, RoccoR, etc., etc., etc.

Teddy,

I have, for years read opinions on both sides of the issue, and have learned a great deal. In somethings I've altered my opinions in others I've strengthened them. I'm no novice in this.

Bot also [MENTION=19170]Coyote[/MENTION], to stay on topic of this thread, what are your honest answers to the questionnaire?

Discussing the questionaire IS on topic. But I will answer the questions and will ask of you a question: What is the POINT of the questionaire?

AN_INTERESTING_QUESTIONNAIRE_FOR_PALESTINIAN_ADVOC ATES

A country isn't necessarily "founded" by a "somebody".
When was France founded?
When was England founded?
When was China founded?
When was India founded?
and by whom?

Accrding to Wikipedia:
Palestine (Arabic: &#1601;&#1604;&#1587;&#1591;&#1610;&#1606;* Filas&#7789;&#299;n, Falas&#7789;&#299;n, Filis&#7789;&#299;n; Greek: &#928;&#945;&#955;&#945;&#953;&#963;&#964;&#943;&#957;&#951;, Palaistin&#275;; Latin: Palaestina; Hebrew: &#1508;&#1500;&#1513;&#1514;&#1497;&#1504;&#1492; Palestina) is a geographic region in Western Asia between the Mediterranean Sea and the Jordan River. It is sometimes considered to include adjoining territories. The name was used by Ancient Greek writers, and was later used for the Roman province Syria Palaestina, the Byzantine Palaestina Prima and the Umayyad and Abbasid province of Jund Filastin. The region is also known as the Land of Israel (Hebrew: &#1488;&#1512;&#1509;&#1470;&#1497;&#1513;&#1512;&#1488;&#1500; Eretz-Yisra'el),[1] the Holy Land, the Southern Levant,[2] Cisjordan, and historically has been known by other names including Canaan, Southern Syria and Jerusalem.

The region was among the earliest in the world to see human habitation, agricultural communities and civilization. During the Bronze Age, independent Canaanite city-states were established, and were influenced by the surrounding civilizations of ancient Egypt, Mesopotamia, Phoenicia, Minoan Crete, and Syria. Between 1550–1400 BCE, the Canaanite cities became vassals to the Egyptian New Kingdom who held power until the 1178 BCE Battle of Djahy (Canaan) during the wider Bronze Age collapse. The Philistines arrived and mingled with the local population, and according to Biblical tradition, the United Kingdom of Israel was established in 1020 BCE and split within a century to form the northern Kingdom of Israel, and the southern Kingdom of Judah. Modern archaeologists dispute parts of the Biblical tradition, the latest thinking being that the Israelites emerged from a dramatic social transformation that took place in the people of the central hill country of Canaan around 1200 BCE, with no signs of violent invasion or even of peaceful infiltration of a clearly defined ethnic group from elsewhere.[33]

Another impossible question to answer.
Borders change throughout history.
When?

3. What was its capital?
When?
Impossible to answer - it's been under many hands and names.

Many of the same cities that exist their now - it's a very old land.

I'm no ancient history scholar - I would guess farming, herding, fishing but again - depends on whenn you are talking about.

Most likley some form of monarchy.

nope

You missed the important part, the fact Palestinians been here before Israel doesn't apply as much as Jews doesn't apply, this goes both directions except the UN voted for the state of Israel, but not over a state of Palestinians - all the so called occupied territories belong to Israel NOW and ever since they were exchanged by their legal owners (Egypt, Jordan) - the Palestinians no long have claim on the land which is now Israel because they are simply not Israelis, of course they deserve a homeland and even a state - but not in Israel.

That's legally debatable. But, if indeed all those territories belong to Israel, than so do the Palestinian people. They need to be given full Israeli citizenship and rights.

No, this is definitely wrong, they have all the rights to have Palestinian citizenship in the state of Palestine which still doesn't exist, this is the core issue.
I don't ask for Egyptian citizenship because I'm simply not Egyptian, they cannot ask for Israeli citizenship because they are simply not Israelis.
Discussing the borders doesn't change the fact, this is territory of the state of Israel, but not the state of Palestine.
[MENTION=19170]Coyote[/MENTION]

IF I understand what you are saying, then I fully disagree - what you say is utterly wrong.

Are you saying that the West Bank and Gaza belong to Israel? And the current residents who don't happen to be of the right ethnic/religious group will be denied citizenship?

Forum List

Back