Inhofe says he won't take part in Tulsa holiday parade until Christmas put back in

Good for Inhofe.

and a Sodding Haunnakwanzyufestivusmas to you all.

Fucking multiculturalist bullshit.

They concluded wrongly. If you atheists have to have a day to celebrate your atheisism pick another day. Christmas is Christmas.

Christmas, Dec. 25th is a PAGAN holiday that was hijacked by the church. So truly, it is an atheistic & pan-theistic holiday. So there. The CHURCH picked Dec. 25th, not the other way around.

iT MIGHT BE A PAGAN HOLIDAY FOR PAGANS BUT IT'S A CHRISTIAN HOLIDAY FOR CHRISTIANS. CHRISTMAS IS FOR CHRISTIANS NOT FOR YOU VILE BITTER OLD ATHEISTS. YOU SUCK THE HIND TIT.

How very sharing of you....apparently you aren't happy unless you are forcing everyone to celebrate the Winter holidays YOUR way and for YOUR reasons.

You get no joy from others NOT being like you, do you?

They co-opted it to do what? Oh, that was the day/time of year, that families and communities came together to celebrate the birth of Chist. They took a party and made it their own; that is terrible. Shame on all Christians, why should they show any joy for a Savior? Why should they try to spread goodwill and cheer?

No, moron. The church was trying to banish these pagan celebrations, but stamping out the galas and traditional pagan rites proved impossible, so they absolutely Co-opted many of the traditions and then put the xtian stamp on it, creating its OWN holiday. Wasn't jesus born in the summer?

"Even the date of Christmas, December 25, was borrowed from another religion. At the time Christmas was created in AD 320, Mithraism was very popular. The early Christian church had gotten tired of their futile efforts to stop people celebrating the solstice and the birthday of Mithras, the Persian sun god. Mithras’ birthday was December 25. So the pope at the time decided to make Jesus’ official birthday coincide with Mithras’ birthday. No one knows what time of year Jesus was actually born but there is evidence to suggest that it was in midsummer."

The Pagan Origins of Christmas
The concept of gift giving...Pagan
The concept of Christmas Tree...Pagan
The concept of Christmas Caroling...Pagan
The concept of Christmas feasting...Pagan
The concept of Mistletoe...Pagan
The concept of Christmas lighting...Pagan

Probably the Christmas Fruitcake is Christian tho.

Christians are notoriously ignorant of their own religion

That's why they don't understand why the govt doesn't want to pay for them to worship human sacrifice

christmas, dec. 25th is a pagan holiday that was hijacked by the church. So truly, it is an atheistic & pan-theistic holiday. So there. The church picked dec. 25th, not the other way around.

it might be a pagan holiday for pagans but it's a christian holiday for christians. Christmas is for christians not for you vile bitter old atheists. You suck the hind tit.

how very sharing of you....apparently you aren't happy unless you are forcing everyone to celebrate the winter holidays your way and for your reasons.

You get no joy from others not being like you, do you?

paint all the fucking busses you want you bitter old dried up atheist. Christmas is for christians.

Probably the Christmas Fruitcake is Christian tho.

As is the capitalistic fueled materialism and greed. Those are things modern xtians seem to excel at, sadly. That's why I don't like xmas. I celebrate solstice with my secular humanist brethren.

iT MIGHT BE A PAGAN HOLIDAY FOR PAGANS BUT IT'S A CHRISTIAN HOLIDAY FOR CHRISTIANS. CHRISTMAS IS FOR CHRISTIANS NOT FOR YOU VILE BITTER OLD ATHEISTS. YOU SUCK THE HIND TIT.

How very sharing of you....apparently you aren't happy unless you are forcing everyone to celebrate the Winter holidays YOUR way and for YOUR reasons.

Bodecea, do you think WillowTree is displaying the Christian spirit?

it might be a pagan holiday for pagans but it's a christian holiday for christians. Christmas is for christians not for you vile bitter old atheists. You suck the hind tit.

how very sharing of you....apparently you aren't happy unless you are forcing everyone to celebrate the winter holidays your way and for your reasons.

paint all the fucking busses you want you bitter old dried up atheist. Christmas is for christians.

1. I'm not an athest.

2. Stop trying to steal our holidays and pretend they are your own....thief and descendant of thieves.

3. You poor persecuted majority you.

Bodecea, do you think WillowTree is displaying the Christian spirit?

Yes...the Christmas spirit of those I see a lot of in real life and on these boards.

1. I'm not an athest.

2. Stop trying to steal our holidays and pretend they are your own....thief and descendant of thieves.

CHRISTMAS IS FOR CHRISTIANS AND YOU SUCK THE HIND TIT. GET OVER IT. :lol:

They co-opted it to do what? Oh, that was the day/time of year, that families and communities came together to celebrate the birth of Chist. They took a party and made it their own; that is terrible. Shame on all Christians, why should they show any joy for a Savior? Why should they try to spread goodwill and cheer?

No, moron. The church was trying to banish these pagan celebrations, but stamping out the galas and traditional pagan rites proved impossible, so they absolutely Co-opted many of the traditions and then put the xtian stamp on it, creating its OWN holiday. Wasn't jesus born in the summer?

"Even the date of Christmas, December 25, was borrowed from another religion. At the time Christmas was created in AD 320, Mithraism was very popular. The early Christian church had gotten tired of their futile efforts to stop people celebrating the solstice and the birthday of Mithras, the Persian sun god. Mithras’ birthday was December 25. So the pope at the time decided to make Jesus’ official birthday coincide with Mithras’ birthday. No one knows what time of year Jesus was actually born but there is evidence to suggest that it was in midsummer."

The Pagan Origins of Christmas

I agree with you, the time of year was co-opted. Now you answer

"They took a party and made it their own; that is terrible. Shame on all Christians, why should they show any joy for a Savior? Why should they try to spread goodwill and cheer? "

Are you suggesting because Christians use that time to celebrate the birth of the world's Savior, that they should be forced to worship the gods that were outed as false when Christ came into the world? Are you suggesting that Christians that have celebrated the birth of Christ for thousands of years should be forced to stop celebrating because it offends a small group of people (if that is your logic, homosexuals need to go back in the closet because "they" offend people)?

Seriously, why do you have such a problem with Christmas? It was a very religious holiday that was made secular and material. It happened with St. Valentine's Day, Halloween, Easter, Hannakah, and probably a few more. Why is it Christmas that bothers you so?

How many religious holiday beliefs are federally recognized?

I rest my case!
Is Christmas recognized as a federal holiday because it is religious? Because it is Christian religious?

Does it matter? The fact is Christmas is a federally recognized holiday and has been for a hundred forty years.

Could we get other religious holiday's federally recognized? Like how about a federal day off for the end of Ramadan?

How many religious holiday beliefs are federally recognized?

I rest my case!
Is Christmas recognized as a federal holiday because it is religious? Because it is Christian religious?

Does it matter? The fact is Christmas is a federally recognized holiday and has been for a hundred forty years.

When in the military (a federal agency, btw), I quite frequently worked on Christmas Day.

Could we get other religious holiday's federally recognized? Like how about a federal day off for the end of Ramadan?

Sure you could if you get someone to introduce a bill and then let the congress vote on it and barring a veto and assuming both houses pass it it will become law.

1. I'm not an athest.

You poor, poor persecuted Majority. Maybe you can go beat a non-Christian and feel better.

1. I'm not an athest.

You poor, poor persecuted Majority. Maybe you can go beat a non-Christian and feel better.

She's just acting out her anger over losing christmas.

While not officially a federal holiday yet, I know many businesses and government agencies that allow non-Christians to opt to take holiday days for other religious holidays....Yom Kippur, for example.

1. I'm not an athest.

POOR BITTER DRIED UP OLD PRUNE OF AN ATHEIST.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXh7JR9oKVE&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

When in the military (a federal agency, btw), I quite frequently worked on Christmas Day.

Well if the enemy would take the day off then perhaps the soldiers could too. I've worked many Christmas' for the simple fact that the world doesn't stop because of a national holiday.

Forum List

Back