Inhofe says he won't take part in Tulsa holiday parade until Christmas put back in

Jesus was probably born in the Spring.

Still makes no difference. We all know it's a mishmash of different stuff, but primarily, it's now a Christian holiday. Big deal.

True it has taken centuries but Christians have mostly won the war on Christmas by co-opting and merging the various pagan holidays.

Are you this dumb in real life? The parade is meant to celebrate the season, not the specific holiday "Christmas." Hanukkah is a part of that season.

They cannot ENJOY Christmas unless everything is about Christmas and only Christmas (and don't even bring up the Pagan origins and traditions of their EXCLUSIVE....US ONLY Holiday.)

poor little whiney left out atheists, why don't you go ask the muslims to share their holiday with you? they could certainly stand to be a little more inclusive. we'll wait.

I"ve already done that. They tried to kill me (by overfeeding me)

Still makes no difference. We all know it's a mishmash of different stuff, but primarily, it's now a Christian holiday. Big deal.

True it has taken centuries but Christians have mostly won the war on Christmas by co-opting and merging the various pagan holidays.

As is their right. And in America, there's nothing the government can do or say to prevent them from celebrating Christmas, even in a public way.

Actually, it's more of a Marketplace Holiday now. Everything from Black Friday to Neighborhood Contests over Light displays to The Grinch to artificial trees with LED lights to Santa at the Mall.

As is their right. And in America, there's nothing the government can do or say to prevent them from celebrating Christmas, even in a public way.

As long as that public way does not include public funds.

Are you this dumb in real life? The parade is meant to celebrate the season, not the specific holiday "Christmas." Hanukkah is a part of that season.

They cannot ENJOY Christmas unless everything is about Christmas and only Christmas (and don't even bring up the Pagan origins and traditions of their EXCLUSIVE....US ONLY Holiday.)

poor little whiney left out atheists, why don't you go ask the muslims to share their holiday with you? they could certainly stand to be a little more inclusive. we'll wait.

Some judge said the atheists do have a holiday.... All fools Day celebrated April first.

Santa has won the war on Christmas hands down

Good for Tulsa. They don't need that pompus Jack-ass riding in their parade.

"The parade changed its name from PSO Christmas Parade of Lights to the PSO Parade of Lights to promote inclusiveness and promote the parade to all Tulsans even if they don't celebrate Christmas. Entries have always been required to display a holiday, not necessarily Christmas". - Tulsa World Dec 11, 2009

true but because of the consitution no tax dollars nor governmental support should be expressed in support of or against.

Some of you people cant even grasp why its "Happy Holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas".

Business men call the shots in this. The mighty dollar calls the shots. It just so happens democrats agree.

Another thing, its very unchristian to patronize anothers religious beliefs. I know, you dont agree but thats alright. Its you you have to sleep with.

Remember sin? Thats your crutch, not mine.

Atheists Promote a Holiday Season Without God - ABC News

In 2009, Speckhardt's group said it ran the "first-ever national godless holiday campaign." Photos featured smiling people in Santa caps with the words "No God?... No Problem!" and the slogan "Be good for goodness' sake." This year, the American Humanist Association ditched the holiday puns and seasonal cheer, and launched a set of monochrome ads. The campaign uses what it considers disturbing Scripture passages about women, genocide, and homosexuality, such as this one from the New Testament:

"If anyone comes to me and does not hate his father and mother, his wife and children, his brothers and sisters – yes, even his own life – he cannot be my disciple." (Jesus, Luke 14:26, New International Version)

It contrasts such quotes with others from prominent non-believers, in this case Katherine Hepburn:

"I'm an atheist, and that's it. I believe there's nothing we can know except that we should be kind to each other and do what we can for each other."

The association runs ads year-round, but they garner more attention during the holiday season.

"I think doing non-theistic ads during the holiday makes sense, because we're bombarded with religious messages at this time," said Speckhardt. "Why not have some alternate ones out there?"

Last edited:

Forum List

Back